Skeptic Toolbox
Posted: 03 August 2008 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-08-03

On my way to the Toolbox, Eugene OR

Leaving this Thursday, Aug 7th

Wondering if there are others from here going?

Susan

Signature 

http://www.stopsylviabrowne.com

Posted: 04 August 2008 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-08-04

My daughter and I are attending. We are from Moorpark, CA.
This is our second year. We had a great time last year.
Randee

Posted: 04 August 2008 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-03

Fantastic Randee.  I haven’t been in a few years, though I this will be my 4th (I think) Toolbox.  I really enjoy the small group and intelligent conversations.  I love sitting down for meals in the Cafeteria and talking to different people each time. 

Does Susie Byerstein still attend?  Also were Carol and Ben there? 

I look forward to meeting you and your daughter.  The really nice thing about registering at the very last minute (like I did) is that there is little waiting involved.

Susan

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2008 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-04

Hi Susan,
Last year we met Susie, and Lindsey gave a beautiful lecture in honor of Barry. They are both so warm and friendly, they make everyone feel like family. Well all of the guests and speakers were amazing. We also had the opportunity to meet Jerry Andrus, with all of his tricks and gadgets. We feel so fortunate.
I hope this year a few teens attend—-my daughter is almost 17 and although she loved every minute of the toolbox, we would both like to see teens or college students become more involved. This is an opportunity that the west coast students should really be taking advantage of, since the yearly student leadership conferences are always held at the CFI in Amherst.
Randee

Posted: 12 August 2008 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-03

Randee was it great again this year.  I am so sorry I missed the Toolbox. 

My mom died on Wednesday (the day before I flew out, and two days before my birthday) so this was a horrible weekend for me. 

Now everything is over, I kept so busy I was exhausted each night.  I handled everything and had a “celebration of life” party at my house, so that meant everything have to be cleaned from top to bottom at home.  Oh joy!

Please tell me about the Toolbox.  Who got the “in the trenches” award this year and why?

Susan

Signature 

Posted: 12 August 2008 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-04

Hi Susan,
  I’m sorry to hear about your loss. My dad died last year of pancreatic cancer, and I lost my mom 12 years ago, so I understand your deep pain. I miss them every day.
  I looked for your nametag at the toolbox and was hoping we could meet. Maybe next year.
  Susie Beyerstein won in the trenches. She is so amazing.
  But also another person won, and even though I sat next to him in discussion group, my mind cannot remember his name. Although he was very fun to talk to throughout the weekend!
I’m sure another reader will respond to this thread and fill you in.
  The weekend was fun, entertaining, and brilliant. As usual. So much information. It was like grad school on warp speed. I wonder if you could get an extra copy of the syllabus?
Please take care of yourself during these next few months and let your friends help you out.
Randee

‹‹ CFI-SAZ      Monterey County Skeptics ››