Membership rankings (Merged)
Posted: 07 August 2008 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  633
Joined  2007-12-10

I get satisfaction from meaningless titles so How do i raise my member rank or become a moderator?
What do the green bars below my name symbolize?

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 08 August 2008 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15343
Joined  2006-02-14
danlhinz - 07 August 2008 10:50 PM

I get satisfaction from meaningless titles so How do i raise my member rank or become a moderator?
What do the green bars below my name symbolize?

They symbolize the number of posts you have. The more posts, the higher the meaningless title, up to, I believe, 100. After that the title remains the same, at least for now.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 28 August 2008 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

If I recall correctly, mine changed from Jr. Member to Member after 101 posts, and from Member to Sr. Member after 201.

I know it’s silly, but I had wondered if it would change when it hit 100, and I pouted when it didn’t. Then I was quite happy when it changed at 101.

I guess it just doesn’t take much to make me happy. My husband says I’m very easy to please, and easy to buy gifts for…

smile

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 28 December 2009 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2009-12-24

Hello everyone, I am wondering what is the difference between a Jr. member and a Sr. member?  How does one become a Sr. member?  Still very new here and finding the site more and more interesting.  Thanks!

Signature 

“Authenticity involves living your life as if you’re actually interested in it.” ~Charles D. Hayes

Posted: 28 December 2009 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15343
Joined  2006-02-14

Basically it’s a relatively meaningless sop to get people to post more than a handful of times. Think of the benefits!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 28 December 2009 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-24

I understand now and thank you!  I guess I best get busy.  Also Doug, you highlight (in blue) within your reply box a specific statement another has said to indicate your response is for that post in particular.  How do you do this?

[ Edited: 28 December 2009 10:48 AM by rcrase ]
 Signature 

“Authenticity involves living your life as if you’re actually interested in it.” ~Charles D. Hayes

Posted: 28 December 2009 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Rcrase, when you reply, if you go to the right side and hit “post reply” rather than “fast reply” or if you hit “quote"you have the disadvantage of not seeing the prior posts, but you will see a few boxes above your message area that you can click on.  One is color, another is type size, etc, b in brackets makes bold, i in brackets make italics.  You can block off the words you want to change and choose red, green, or whatever you like, but blue is reserved for moderators so it stands out when they say something important or figuratively slap someone’s hands for being insulting to another poster or use really bad profanity.

Hope that helps.

Occam

[ Edited: 28 December 2009 12:44 PM by Occam ]

Posted: 28 December 2009 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-24

Thank you Occam, I think some playing around with different buttons and such is in order as well, to acclimate myself a bit.

Signature 

Posted: 28 December 2009 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-24
Occam - 28 December 2009 12:38 PM

Rcrase, when you reply, if you go to the right side and hit “post reply” rather than “fast reply” or if you hit “quote"you have the disadvantage of not seeing the prior posts, but you will see a few boxes above your message area that you can click on.  One is color, another is type size, etc, b in brackets makes bold, i in brackets make italics.  You can block off the words you want to change and choose red, green, or whatever you like, but blue is reserved for moderators so it stands out when they say something important or figuratively slap someone’s hands for being insulting to another poster or use really bad profanity.

Hope that helps.

Occam

...and this way?

Signature 

Posted: 28 December 2009 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2006-10-22

You’re getting the hang of it.  Another way of doing smaller quotes is to block off the text you want to use, copy it (cntrl-c) then, in your message block type bracket quote bracket, hit cntrl-v to enter the text, then type bracket slash quote bracket.  Like this to quote your last note: 

...and this way?

You have to use the slash after you do a bracket anything to close that particular function.

Occam

Posted: 29 December 2009 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-24
rcrase - 28 December 2009 02:08 PM

Rcrase, when you reply, if you go to the right side and hit “post reply” rather than “fast reply” or if you hit “quote"you have the disadvantage of not seeing the prior posts, but you will see a few boxes above your message area that you can click on.  One is color, another is type size, etc, b in brackets makes bold, i in brackets make italics. [like this?]/ You can block off the words you want to change and choose red, green, or whatever you like, but blue is reserved for moderators so it stands out when they say something important or figuratively slap someone’s hands for being insulting to another poster or use really bad profanity.

Hope that helps.

Occam

...and this way?

I used edit to see what the problem was.  The difficulty is that you typed {/quote} after your final question.  That made it be included in the quote rather than outside it. I’m going to go down to your last post and move the slash quotes back up so you can see the difference.

[ Edited: 29 December 2009 08:13 PM by Occam ]
 Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2009 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-24
rcrase - 29 December 2009 08:09 AM

Rcrase, when you reply, if you go to the right side and hit “post reply” rather than “fast reply” or if you hit “quote"you have the disadvantage of not seeing the prior posts, but you will see a few boxes above your message area that you can click on.  One is color, another is type size, etc, b in brackets makes bold, i in brackets make italics. [like this?]/

or maybe this?

You can block off the words you want to change and choose red, green, or whatever you like, but blue is reserved for moderators so it stands out when they say something important or figuratively slap someone’s hands for being insulting to another poster or use really bad profanity.

Hope that helps.

Occam

...and this way?

Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2009 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-24
rcrase - 29 December 2009 08:12 AM
rcrase - 29 December 2009 08:09 AM

Rcrase, when you reply, if you go to the right side and hit “post reply” rather than “fast reply” or if you hit “quote"you have the disadvantage of not seeing the prior posts, but you will see a few boxes above your message area that you can click on.  One is color, another is type size, etc, b in brackets makes bold, i in brackets make italics. [like this?]/

or maybe this?

how do I block off words? Highlight them?

You can block off the words you want to change and choose red, green, or whatever you like, but blue is reserved for moderators so it stands out when they say something important or figuratively slap someone’s hands for being insulting to another poster or use really bad profanity.

Hope that helps.

Occam

...and this way?

[ Edited: 29 December 2009 08:14 PM by Occam ]
 Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2009 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2006-10-22

Rcrase, you may want to look at the last few posts to see how to handle quotation symbols.

Occam