1 of 2
Minn. baby born 8/8/08 at 8:08; 8 pounds, 8 ounces
Posted: 09 August 2008 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

The numerologists are going to have a field day with this one!

“FERGUS FALLS, Minn. (AP) — Hailey Jo Hauer was born on the eighth day of the eighth month in 2008 at 8:08 a.m. So it wouldn’t make sense for her to weigh anything other than 8 pounds, 8 ounces.

Lindsey Hauer thought staff at Lake Region Hospital in Minnesota were joking when they told her the time of her daughter’s birth. Then she got a call from the birthing suite noting Hailey’s weight.

Nurse Jenny Harstad joked that she tried to shrink the baby to 18 inches from her actual 19.5 inches.

Several hospital staff members pledged to buy lottery tickets.”

I spoke too soon. After copying the article for this post, I noticed that at the bottom of the article there was a comments section. Some posted on the site so far include:

“In numerology 888: Symbolizes infinity * The unified spiral of the physical merging with the Spiritual * Moving toward the completion of the ascension process through the energies of the 222 and 444 (for people living under 11 11 ) u kno who u are”

“My daughter was born on 10/21/71….. at 10:21pm…. she was 21 inches long and weighed 8lb. 13 oz. which adds up to 21…Needless to say her lucky number is 21..”

“I was born on 7/7 at 7:07 and just by coincidence my first and last name both have 7 letters.”

“My daughter was born on 8/8/00 and turned 8 yesterday!!”

“I was born on 8/28/80 and I graduated high school in 1998 and I turn 28 on 8/28/08 and my numerology number is 8. Also my daughter was born on 8/24/04 and was born at 4 am and her numberology number is 4. Weird huh?”

“this is unreal. I was born at 8/8/88 at 8:18 A.M. at 8lbs. 8oz.I’m glad to see that someone else like me has the crazy eights!”

“Two babies born on the eighth of August in 2008, at 8:08 am, weighing eight pounds, eight ounces.That must be a sign.”

Source 1

Source 2

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 09 August 2008 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  669
Joined  2008-07-03

How much have the Chinese offered for it?  LOL

Posted: 09 August 2008 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Ha ha - good one! The lucky Olympic baby.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 09 August 2008 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

First I want to know the accuracy of the clock. We have about 5 clocks in my small unit, and they are usually reading 3 different times, whose time did they use (hospitals don’t typically have atomic clocks). The weight is much less impressive when you know babies are all weighed in grams, and it gives you ‘wiggle’ room of 3799 grams to 3883 grams to get a less precise 8lbs 8oz.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 August 2008 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Good points, asanta! I’ll bet your extensive hospital experience has helped to debunk at least a dozen threads on this forum so far.

Hey, remember that nutter that was posting a couple of weeks ago, he claimed to be the messiah of numbers seven and eleven? (I’d been calling him the 7/11 nut. Forgot his name.) Maybe this number eight baby is his nemesis. Go number eight! I’ll be rooting for you when you’re old enough to take on 7/11!

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2008 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-08-09

Try again.  God switched to SI units eons ago!

Signature 

http://lambdadelta.wordpress.com/

Posted: 07 September 2008 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2007-09-28
Tony Sidaway - 07 September 2008 09:13 AM

Try again.  God switched to SI units eons ago!

thankyou for that! grin

Signature 

hmmmmm  π

Posted: 07 September 2008 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Just thought, apropos of nothing, I’d mention that on Weekend Edition on NPR this morning on the puzzle show, the woman who was called random to participate in one of their word puzzles also had a variety of eights in her birth including that she had just celebrated her 80th birthday. 

Occam

Posted: 27 September 2008 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

Do you guys know why six is afraid of seven?...

... because seven eight nine!  cheese

Posted: 28 September 2008 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  1995
Joined  2008-09-18

I assume they named the little girl “Adie”.

Posted: 28 September 2008 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  7576
Joined  2007-03-02

Jules, your links in the opening post no longer work.  :(

Here’s something not mentioned and a little trivial trivia- 888 is considered the octoad and in Dematria, it was suppose to symbolize Jesus.  You sort of hinted on this with the spiritual relationship to 888.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 28 September 2008 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

That’s interesting, I did not know there was a “christian link” to the number 888. Isn’t there another biblical number that people get excited about, also? (Not 666) Was it 7 or 5? I think it’s 7? Hmmm don’t remember for sure.

I joke that “numerologists” would be giddy over this baby’s connection to number 8, or they will advise the little girl to go through her life looking for number 8 everywhere.

There is a nice woman I see at animal shelter volunteer events sometimes, who is obsessed with a number. I think it was number 4, it’s been a few months since I’ve seen her. But she goes through her life purposefully looking for number 4, and of course, finds it everywhere - which only makes her more certain the number is magical in some way. We all find it highly amusing and tease her about it, but otherwise let it go because she is very nice and it’s not doing her any harm (she’s not gambling on number 4, etc.)

I guess the local news websites that picked up the story have taken down the webpages. Here are a couple of new links, not sure how long they will remain up for. I think the local sites tend to archive or take down their old stories more often than the big news outlets.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92EDUPG2&show_article=1

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/ss/weird/93266.php

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2008 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-05-04
Jules - 28 September 2008 10:33 AM

That’s interesting, I did not know there was a “christian link” to the number 888. Isn’t there another biblical number that people get excited about, also? (Not 666) Was it 7 or 5? I think it’s 7? Hmmm don’t remember for sure.

Biblically the number 6 is one away from perfection (hence 666), the number 7 symbolic is perfection and the number 10 symbolizes being complete (as in ten commandments).
I wish I had a source for this… this is just what I remember being taught as a child being raised a Jehovah’s Whiteness.

Signature 

“Is there a God in heven, a devil in hell, or is the only light to be seen the one at the end of my cigarette?”

Posted: 28 September 2008 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  7576
Joined  2007-03-02
Jules - 28 September 2008 10:33 AM

It’s not a common Xian link.  It’s Dematria, which is almost a thing of the past and most Christians refuse to call it Xian.  It is one of the Pre-Xian sects.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 28 September 2008 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Interesting, Amos. Is that where “lucky number seven” came from?

I remember a novel called Where the heart is. The main character says that while for most people, number seven brings luck, it only brings her tragedy. Throughout the novel she knows bad things are going to happen when she sees seven.

When the novel was made into a movie starring Natalie Portman and Ashley Judd in 2000, the unlucky number was changed from seven to five throughout the film.

I recall reading somewhere that complaints and pressure forced them to change the unlucky number. I didn’t understand what the fuss was about.

It was eight years ago, so I didn’t recall if they changed five to seven, or seven to five. But I was able to look it up on the movie’s page on Wikipedia, and it says they changed it from seven to five, although they don’t say why it was changed.

[ Edited: 28 September 2008 12:43 PM by Jules ]
 Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2008 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-05-04
Jules - 28 September 2008 12:29 PM

Interesting, Amos. Is that where “lucky number seven” came from?

At first I did think this, but know I think it originated as a craps reference…  does anyone know for sure?

Signature 

“Is there a God in heven, a devil in hell, or is the only light to be seen the one at the end of my cigarette?”

1 of 2