Quackcast
Posted: 18 August 2008 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4097
Joined  2006-11-28

Just thought I’d pass along a great podcast on CAM. QUACKCAST is produced by an M.D. specializing in infectious disease, and it is a well-informed and humorous (if you like sarcastic curmudgeons) look at common CAM treatments and associated issues.

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 18 August 2008 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15400
Joined  2006-02-14

Cool, although I’m beyond full-up with podcasts ... sounds like a great subject.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 18 August 2008 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Just got a mp3 player that could play podcasts and loaded it up (well not loaded, only have about 8 hours so far), I love it, it gives me something to do in the middle of the night on my lunch break! I have listened to Quackcast for a while, but while I’ve figured out how to load current podcasts, there are many old ones I would like to download and listen to. Can anyone tell me how to do this? oh oh. Any more suggestions on other podcasts I may want to listen to?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 18 August 2008 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

If you use iTunes you can search for them at the iTunes store by subject matter or title and subscribe ... that way they are downloaded automatically as new ones become available.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 18 August 2008 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  4097
Joined  2006-11-28

Yes, iTunes will list all the episodes you haven’t yet listened to and give you a button to click (“get”) to download them.

I try to limit my podcast list, but I like Ockham’s Razor from Australia Public Radio.

Also SCience and The City from the NY Academy of Sciences.

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 18 August 2008 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Skeptic’s Guide to the Universe is also excellent, as are podcasts by Sciencefriday.com and ScienceUpdate which is from the AAAS. There are lots of others as well, of course.

... and I’m ASSUMING you’re already listening to the best of all, DJ Grothe’s Point of Inquiry, CFI’s podcast.

wink

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 18 August 2008 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
dougsmith - 18 August 2008 07:17 PM

Skeptic’s Guide to the Universe is also excellent, as are podcasts by Sciencefriday.com and ScienceUpdate which is from the AAAS. There are lots of others as well, of course.

... and I’m ASSUMING you’re already listening to the best of all, DJ Grothe’s Point of Inquiry, CFI’s podcast.

wink

But of course!!! smile I am trying to download the old podcasts of those as well!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…