Posted: 19 August 2008 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2006-02-09

The Center for Inquiry - Los Angeles
presents
Café Inquiry: An Insider’s Look at Scientology

7:30 PM, Wednesday, August 27

Hollywood, California –  Is Scientology the beneficial, good-willed religion it claims to be? Does the church practice what it preaches about human rights? Ex-Scientologist Tory Christman will lead a discussion about these and other issues at this month’s Cafe Inquiry.
Tory Christman was a member of Scientology for 30 years, got to the next-to-the-top level, and literally escaped out in 2000. She’s been speaking out, educating the public about the abuses of Scientology since. This will be her second visit to CFI (see “Tory Speaks to CFI” at http://www.xenutv.com).
Her YouTube account is at http://www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44.

WHEN: 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, August 27th, 2008.
COST: Free

Cafe Inquiry is a monthly casual get-together where you can have a coffee and chat with other people on various topics of science. A guest speaker opens the discussion with a brief intro to the subject and then the floor is open. All are welcome!

*Free Admission*   *Refreshments Available*
*Plenty of Parking* *Bookstore Open*

Held in the Steve Allen Theater lobby at CFI-L.A.

The Center for Inquiry-Los Angeles
4773 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90027

Posted: 22 August 2008 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  698
Joined  2007-10-14

Damn, that sounds like it’s going to be very interesting. I wish I could be in LA next week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y0m584tQQA

:)

She’s obviously verrrrrry well-lawyered/counseled to be able to say what she does between 5:55-6:40 without fear of being sued by litigious Tommy Boy!  :)

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 22 August 2008 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-04-27

This will be a good talk.  I hope people who haven’t heard her speak before will attend, but I have only seen it mentioned on the CFI website so far.
Being so close to the Scientology PAC base (Big Blue on Sunset and L.Ron Hubbard Way….thanks LA City Council) and the scientologists being so mad right now,  this might turn into a very interesting event.

Posted: 22 August 2008 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11

One of my son’s acquaintances is a grandson of Hubbard’s. He despises the scientologists. They have been making veiled and not so veiled threats against him for years to try to get him to stop speaking his mind about what he thinks of this cult!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…