MST 3000
Posted: 22 August 2008 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4465
Joined  2008-08-14

I remember seeing this show occasionaly in the mid 90’s.never really paid it any mind.Then somewhere along the way I caught it again.So I picked up an episode on DVD. Manos The Hands of Fate! Man that is funny!! If anybodys interested in this stuff it’s called
Mystery Science Theater 3000. quickly its a show where a man and 2 witty robots are forced to watch varios genres of cheesy movies.So an episode is really the full length movie with 3 figures sillouhetted(sp?) in the front row of the theater.Throughout the flick they ad-lib and add comments.google it up-or go right to your favorite on-line store and try one out.
The humor is never foul or vulgar.theres a healthy dose of corniness and camp.often the riffing is highly intelligent and sometimes obscure,which makes for some good brainwork on you the viewers part.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 22 August 2008 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15358
Joined  2006-02-14

MST3K was a great show, I loved it, and am still very sorry it got cancelled. Manos the Hands of Fate is IMO one of their best episodes, mostly because the film is so UNBELIEVABLY bad.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 22 August 2008 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

I remember those! They were hysterical.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 23 August 2008 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2008-08-14

Yeah,I got lucky,I picked up Manos randomly from a bookstore shelf.Now I understand it is one of the top 10 shows maybe.I’m up to 10 shows in my collection.Some are better than others.I read on their fan-site that Godzilla vs.Megalon is one of the funniest shows.I gotta check that one out.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 23 August 2008 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
dougsmith - 22 August 2008 07:42 PM

MST3K was a great show, I loved it, and am still very sorry it got cancelled. Manos the Hands of Fate is IMO one of their best episodes, mostly because the film is so UNBELIEVABLY bad.

Manos is one of the worst movies ever! I like the riff they do when the family walks into the motel room,and the lady points to the fireplace mantel and photo above,and says"look honey theyve erected a small temple to Bal-Al(sp?)!!

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2008 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  669
Joined  2008-07-03

Another weird show I watch is Ed the Sock (LINK). I don’t imagine that is is (or can be) shown anywhere in the USA but it has been running for 14 years in Canada. Ed insults everyone and everything including various US persons and things.

Posted: 23 August 2008 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
A Voice of Sanity - 23 August 2008 08:27 AM

Another weird show I watch is Ed the Sock (LINK). I don’t imagine that is is (or can be) shown anywhere in the USA but it has been running for 14 years in Canada. Ed insults everyone and everything including various US persons and things.

I think Ive heard reference to Ed the Sock.sounds funny!Is that on regular Canadian tv?

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2008 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  669
Joined  2008-07-03
VYAZMA - 23 August 2008 08:32 AM

I think Ive heard reference to Ed the Sock.sounds funny!Is that on regular Canadian tv?

Yes, although it’s about to switch channel.