15 of 15
Morality:  Objective, Subjective, or somewhere in between?
Posted: 26 January 2010 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6098
Joined  2009-02-26
WeeDie - 26 January 2010 05:36 AM

I think morals are the symptom of a reaction towards social cohesion. A moral becomes object when many people align with the sensibilities it incite, but it always arise out of subjective interpretation.
Also, I think, that our inbound wisdom, sprung from the natural state - beyond subject/object mentality, which is undifferentiated from other creatures, is bound to a high level of sympathy. There is a bond of love, permeating the universe, that affects the course of action towards higher and higher states of unity. The beginning and end of a process stands in a fixed relationship, through Newtons Laws of Motion. But the concept of motion and the concept of space that motion permeates in are inseparable from each other. In so far as we see them as separate, you get the force of love which attracts by the release of energy through unitive motion, and the force of fear, which repels for the fear of loosing innate energy. The split which we call time, is an act of fear, which is the initiation of every cycle, but ultimately nothing other than love warped in upon itself to play a drama - just for kicks.

The physical laws of attraction and repulsion are Natural laws, without any moral implication. However when we apply those laws to humans, we may say that attraction = love and repulsion = fear/hate, which of necessity demand the development of a moral code.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 27 January 2010 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Total Posts:  308
Joined  2009-11-30

Human conditioning arise from natural law, so in a way the universe is moral, or telic. I do not separate my being from the universe, neither do I project my inner faculties on top of outer objects. But the power of love can be seen in fusion power, lighting up the universe. It is from that power we rise, out of the darkness that unites us.

Signature 

“If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.” -Voltaire
“It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry.” - Thomas Paine
“It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” - Carl Sagan
“It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens.” - Baha’u'llah

Posted: 27 January 2010 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
WeeDie - 27 January 2010 03:22 AM

But the power of love can be seen in fusion power, lighting up the universe. It is from that power we rise, out of the darkness that unites us.

I didn’t know you were a firefly, WeeDie.  cheese

Posted: 24 March 2010 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2010-03-07

Depends on what pisses me off at the time.

These days I’m very pissed off at a lot of things, politically speaking.

Funny how if we call it politics it’s okay, but if you and I do some of the stuff the government or corporations do, it might be considered immoral…. like killing people.

Gary the Grouch

15 of 15