5 of 7
Humanist Homeland?
Posted: 06 May 2009 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4465
Joined  2008-08-14
George - 05 May 2008 06:58 AM

Pasta with beer? I’ve never tried that combination… confused

Georgie, Georgie…..man you haven’t lived. You get into your second beer before the food comes(whether at home or out),you work the bread, salad, bingo, 3rd beer pasta comes…whatever…eggplant, baked ziti, rigs, ravioli, lasagna, stuffed shells, braciole, spaghetti and meatballs. Now you’re eatin’!!
We’re not talkin’ about some quasi-nouveau 5oz Pasta Entree here. You gotta eat. vampire

[ Edited: 06 May 2009 05:00 PM by VYAZMA ]
 Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 06 May 2009 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Not me, Vyzma.  grin In my younger days when I used to enjoy having more than two beers at a time, all my appetite would concentrate, well, on the beer.

Posted: 07 May 2009 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2009-05-05
erasmusinfinity - 16 April 2008 09:58 AM

Would a humanist nation work?

Surely a humanist nation would be quickly subverted by large scale foreign economic interests.  We’d have a continuous string of dictators put in place and removed based on our usefulness to the interests of global economics.  If we’re lucky, we might even have a few leaders assassinated by the CIA or the KGB.  Our nation’s media would then be flooded with information from abroad and, eventually, some sort of revolutionary uprising would occur.  We would then be labeled as religious “oppressors” by the rest of the world and the globe would rally behind the revolutionaries within our country and support them with vast sums of money and militarily assistance.  Our humanist utopia would be overturned without haste.

Maybe it’s better to focus on improving things at home… in this nuclear nation.

The United “State of the Earth” is the answer!
. .
. .
. .

Signature 

We are “Science Union” public-political movement from Russian Federation (http://www.nauchnii-soyuz.narod.ru, “narod” is people). We stand for the “United State of Earth” (“USE”) and support “Humanist Manifesto 2000” - to add to it -> http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/5817. In Russian our name sounds as “Nauchnii Soyuz”, (“soyuz” is union). Our symbol is “Sputnik-1” - the mankind’s first satellite in space (see our avatar). You are welcome to join!

Posted: 07 May 2009 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
George - 06 May 2009 06:32 PM

Not me, Vyzma.  grin In my younger days when I used to enjoy having more than two beers at a time, all my appetite would concentrate, well, on the beer.

No more Pivo for George? What do you mean younger days? How old are you? I used to get cases of Zlaty Baijant.(sp?)
I hope you say your over 65, otherwise you have no excuse for the beer consumption. LOL  I’m just joking. Whatever makes you happy buddy.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 07 May 2009 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

I am thirty seven, Vyzma. I still enjoy beer (Staropramen is my favourite), but I just can’t seem to be able to handle more than two beers at a time anymore. Maybe it is the fact that I can’t eat while I drink beer. I don’t have that problem with wine, though. A bottle of wine puts me in a nice mood, and all the side effects are highly desirable.  grin

Posted: 07 May 2009 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
George - 07 May 2009 06:46 AM

I am thirty seven, Vyzma. I still enjoy beer (Staropramen is my favourite), but I just can’t seem to be able to handle more than two beers at a time anymore. Maybe it is the fact that I can’t eat while I drink beer. I don’t have that problem with wine, though. A bottle of wine puts me in a nice mood, and all the side effects are highly desirable.  grin

10 gramms of vodka kills 8000 neurons according to the anti-alcohol campaign of the First channel TV in Russia.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/5817/

Signature 

We are “Science Union” public-political movement from Russian Federation (http://www.nauchnii-soyuz.narod.ru, “narod” is people). We stand for the “United State of Earth” (“USE”) and support “Humanist Manifesto 2000” - to add to it -> http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/5817. In Russian our name sounds as “Nauchnii Soyuz”, (“soyuz” is union). Our symbol is “Sputnik-1” - the mankind’s first satellite in space (see our avatar). You are welcome to join!

Posted: 07 May 2009 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Science Union movement - 07 May 2009 10:41 AM

10 gramms of vodka kills 8000 neurons according to the anti-alcohol campaign of the First channel TV in Russia.

Not if you are a heavy smoker. The nicotine wraps around the neurons and protects them from getting destroyed by alcohol. It’s true, I heard it on a Second TV channel while visiting Paraguay last year.

Posted: 07 May 2009 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
George - 07 May 2009 11:00 AM

Not if you are a heavy smoker. The nicotine wraps around the neurons and protects them from getting destroyed by alcohol. It’s true, I heard it on a Second TV channel while visiting Paraguay last year.

There are researches to make a medicine based on this, as nicotine is known to improve connections between neurons.
. .
. .
. .

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2009 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Science Union movement - 07 May 2009 11:04 AM

There are researches to make a medicine based on this, as nicotine is known to improve connections between neurons.
. .
. .
. .

And now what do I say…? gulp

Posted: 07 May 2009 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
George - 07 May 2009 11:15 AM

. .
. .
. .

Say anything George…it’s froot-loop week here at the Forum.

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2009 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
VYAZMA - 07 May 2009 11:21 AM
George - 07 May 2009 11:15 AM

. .
. .
. .

Say anything George…it’s froot-loop week here at the Forum.

OK.

“But since the devil’s bride, Reason, that pretty whore, comes in and thinks she’s wise, and what she says, what she thinks, is from the Holy Spirit, who can help us, then? Not judges, not doctors, no king or emperor, because reason is the Devil’s greatest whore.” —Luther

Posted: 07 May 2009 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Joined  2008-08-14

Now why would Luther refer to reason as a whore?

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2009 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Because he was smart enough to know that what he believed in didn’t make sense. Science Union movement would probably never call reason a whore because he (they, the Borg) doesn’t doubt his beliefs. Reason is not his enemy — or so he thinks.

Posted: 07 May 2009 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

It’s fascinating that the failures of a socio/economic/political sytem persist within the population for a few generations even after that system has fallen.  Seeing how damaging the subjugation of science to politics and the subsequent plethora of fairytales designed to manipulate the public in Russia from Stalin to the last few years have destroyed reasoning, I worry about what effects the Reagan and administrations of the two Bushes will have on the U.S. population. 

Sorry S.U.M. but that was government propaganda to reduce excess alcohol consumption in the U.S.S.R. 

Occam

Posted: 07 May 2009 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
Occam - 07 May 2009 04:01 PM

It’s fascinating that the failures of a socio/economic/political sytem persist within the population for a few generations even after that system has fallen.  Seeing how damaging the subjugation of science to politics and the subsequent plethora of fairytales designed to manipulate the public in Russia from Stalin to the last few years have destroyed reasoning, I worry about what effects the Reagan and administrations of the two Bushes will have on the U.S. population. 

Sorry S.U.M. but that was government propaganda to reduce excess alcohol consumption in the U.S.S.R. 

Occam

The echos of Roman empire are still heard.

Signature 

5 of 7

What is Humanism ››