5 of 5
Response to Axegrrl
Posted: 09 September 2008 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2007-10-14

Lilith, thanks for the detailed response.  It’s an interesting theory you have there :)

My only comment is that I think we have to be very, VERY wary of assigning ‘shoulds’ to extremely personal human behaviour (like sexuality and reproduction) ~ especially when those ‘shoulds’ result in moralistic judgements that have no ‘real’ basis other than well thought-out conjecture.

And I agree with George: “Reproducing your own genes has been “fashionable” for a very long time now.”

:)

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 09 September 2008 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
Lilith - 09 September 2008 12:48 PM

You, along with a slight majority of the individuals that post in this forum regularly, do not read the posts of other participants very throughly.  The circular nature of the discussions here has gotten very boring to me, in almost record time for a message board.  The same things will be addressed over and over in threads.  The din of “questions” that are posted which have already been answered, are unecessarily snarky, stemming from a witless insecurity that’s always forgettable yet slightly annoying, in person or type.

Lilith, once a thread has gotten to 4 or 5 pages in length, it is impossible to remember everything that has been posted on every response. I have a pretty good memory, and I can’t, if you can, I’m envious of you. It gets tedious to search through 10 pages of sometimes inane posts to find the one you want. Also, it is easier to get across your points with shorter, more succinct posts, especially if you’re new to the board. Last suggestion—-lighten up! We’re trying to share information a thoughts with a little humor thrown in. If I wanted indoctrination, I’d go to church! smile

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

5 of 5