Anyone heard of it?

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 05 September 2008 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15355
Joined  2006-02-14

Isn’t there a series of lunatic end-times Christian books with this title?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 05 September 2008 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  633
Joined  2007-12-10

Yes, same people made the video game. The author Tim LaHaye was voted one of the 25 most influential evangelicals in time magazine.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 05 September 2008 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7664
Joined  2008-04-11

all I can do is….. sick

( you really do need a ‘smiley’ that is bawling tears!)

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 06 September 2008 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

I will design a competing video game, where Christians fundamentalists have taken over government and ruined the country, and the atheists have to drive them all out.

Extra points will be given to players who set up virtual planned parenthood clinics, replace bibles with sex-ed books in public school classrooms, and drive oil drillers out of the wildlife refuge.

The game will be won when Sarah Palin is captured by an avenging moose, which is directed by the video game controls and can toss her about with his antlers.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 06 September 2008 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

From Mriana’s post, it might be better if she were caught by some orphaned wolf pups who slowly eat her.  vampire  tongue laugh

Occam

Oh, Jules, you could call it “Sinister Gluteus Maximus”.  LOL

edited to correct typo

Posted: 06 September 2008 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Jules, don’t forget to have them get their supplies from their think tank Center For Inquiry!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 06 September 2008 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Just for Mriana, I will design the Palin Aerial Arctic Hunt Game. Wolf pups will be in the helicopter in a nice soft dog bed, and Palin will be running for her life on the tundra.

Yes asanta, players in my game will use CFI as home base.

LOL

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 06 September 2008 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

I finally watched the clip and it’s worse than I thought it would be! According to a 17 yr old whose mother bought him the game to trial it, there is no way to get through the game without killing. You get more points for praying than killing, but if you pray after you kill, you are immediately absolved of sin. Can you imagine how much havoc this will play on an unstable mind? How long will it be before the first mass murder by an unstable person who believes this crap? How long before the first lawsuits? I didn’t see which company made the game, or what system it plays on, but I would boycott both. If this game causes a tragedy, I hope the ensuing lawsuit puts the game company out of business, or at least teaches them to make better decisions. mad

Signature 

Posted: 06 September 2008 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

You guys are funny. I like Jules’s game idea. Kill the ‘bad’ guys and then pray - that’s the original religious theme that won’t go away.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 06 September 2008 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
asanta - 06 September 2008 05:45 PM

I finally watched the clip and it’s worse than I thought it would be! According to a 17 yr old whose mother bought him the game to trial it, there is no way to get through the game without killing. You get more points for praying than killing, but if you pray after you kill, you are immediately absolved of sin. Can you imagine how much havoc this will play on an unstable mind? How long will it be before the first mass murder by an unstable person who believes this crap? How long before the first lawsuits? I didn’t see which company made the game, or what system it plays on, but I would boycott both. If this game causes a tragedy, I hope the ensuing lawsuit puts the game company out of business, or at least teaches them to make better decisions. mad

I’m embarrassed to admit that I’m being a hypocrite. I like the idea of Jules’ game, but I am horrified by the Left Behind game. Probably because it is a reality that doesn’t reflect mine (hmm gotta think about this for a while).

Signature 

Posted: 06 September 2008 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

You raise an interesting question, Asanta. I guess I’m a hypocrite too, since I’m certain my version is the better of the two games! But I think we are too hard on ourselves, since one is an actual game, and the other is just a silly joke used to point out how ridiculous the other is.

Signature 

Posted: 06 September 2008 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Jules - 06 September 2008 07:58 PM

You raise an interesting question, Asanta. I guess I’m a hypocrite too, since I’m certain my version is the better of the two games! But I think we are too hard on ourselves, since one is an actual game, and the other is just a silly joke used to point out how ridiculous the other is.

Good point, I’ll stop flogging my self for now!

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2008 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  5944
Joined  2006-12-20
danlhinz - 05 September 2008 05:54 PM

A game were you convert or kill non-christians.  CNN: Left Behind

Anyone heard of it?

It’s just the same old stuff, the good guys killing the bad guys.

Of course who the bad guys are is subjective and the supposed bad guys never agree!

Stephen

Posted: 10 September 2008 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

But wait… it gets worse.

It should be added that the “Left Behind” book series constitutes a hefty chunk of the miniscule list of books digested by George W. Bush (Yes, believe it or not… he has read a couple of them.)  He is said to have been heavily inspired by the series, and Tim Lahaye no doubt played an influential role in getting him elected.

It is also said that the phrase “Left Behind” served as inspiration for the naming of the flawed and failed educational plan “No Child Left Behind.”

HERE an HERE are some interesting reads.

Posted: 13 September 2008 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Another disturbing game ‘Muslim Massacre’ Video Game Has ‘American Hero’ Avatars Wipe Out Followers of Islam

Signature