2 of 6
What is the CFI forums political philsophy?
Posted: 08 September 2008 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14
danlhinz - 08 September 2008 06:50 PM

Numeric Results are actually easier for me to use when graphing people and finding average because i don’t have to count squares and estimate.

Thanks for doing the work for me,I was amazed that I got the graph to come over at all.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 08 September 2008 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14
Occam - 08 September 2008 05:28 PM

Fascinating.  I took this test a few years ago and I was somewhat farther up and to the right than I am now.  I’m becoming more libertarian and less authoritarian in my old age.  That is, more radical.  LOL

Like asanta, I haven’t the slightest idea of how to bring that page here.  My numeric results were:

Economic Left/Right:  -8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian:  -6.56

Occam

Yeah,that is fascinating your goin in the opposite of the demographics.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 08 September 2008 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

That brings up an interesting point. How many of us have changed our political views as we’ve gotten older?

But how much of it has to do with changing personal priorities and maturity, and how much of it has to do with current events/state of the country? Or is it a combination of both?

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 08 September 2008 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  633
Joined  2007-12-10
Jules - 08 September 2008 07:54 PM

That brings up an interesting point. How many of us have changed our political views as we’ve gotten older?

But how much of it has to do with changing personal priorities and maturity, and how much of it has to do with current events/state of the country? Or is it a combination of both?

I would say I have become both more liberal and more libertarian as I have taken a more informed objective look at the facts and have seen how the government and society operates. That is social engineering and curbing free rights in the name of the greater of the greater good, just takes away rights but does nothing for the greater good. I have become more left economically as I have seen corporate corruption, rising health care costs, and America falling behind in science and math. If Obama gets in I might get money for grad school just another reason to move to the left.

[ Edited: 09 September 2008 07:43 AM by Some Guy ]
 Signature 

Dan

Posted: 08 September 2008 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22
Jules - 08 September 2008 07:08 PM

But then we couldn’t have any fun teaching Occam how to attach a picture cheese

Thanks, Jules.  Now let’s see how many days (minutes?) I remember how to do it. LOL

But I’m not going to through and take the test again just so I can post it.

Occam

Posted: 09 September 2008 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

My views have leaned left over the years as I’ve seen more and more fundamentalist religion injected into government, and government figures acting more and more as puppets for the religious right. Also, getting married and having a child has caused my views to change over the years. I’m more concerned with education, and especially concerned with issues like creationism being taught in science class instead of, well, science.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 09 September 2008 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-01-22

Here’s mine:

Economic Left/Right:  -6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian:  -7.29

Being a bit of a lurker, I must say I’m a bit surprised to see such a left-leaning dominance here. Pleasantly, of course.

Posted: 09 September 2008 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
danlhinz - 08 September 2008 06:50 PM

Numeric Results are actually easier for me to use when graphing people and finding average because i don’t have to count squares and estimate.

Left/Right 2.00

Social Libertarian/Authorian -2.97

Image Attachments
Jackon_political_compass.png

Posted: 09 September 2008 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  7571
Joined  2007-03-02

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Not sure what it means though, except left of libertarian.  Apparently it means I’m up (or rather down) there with Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, The Dalai Lama.  I can live with that.

Having trouble adding pic.  Howcome everyone can upload the pic of the graph of where they fall and I can’t?

[ Edited: 09 September 2008 05:45 PM by Mriana ]
 Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 09 September 2008 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2007-12-10
Mriana - 09 September 2008 05:39 PM

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Not sure what it means though, except left of libertarian.  Apparently it means I’m up (or rather down) there with Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, The Dalai Lama.  I can live with that.

Having trouble adding pic.  Howcome everyone can upload the pic of the graph of where they fall and I can’t?

I used photobucket to host my pic but others are saving it to there computer and using the attachments option.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 09 September 2008 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

I have my own website in which I can link to photos, but I’m not really wanting to upload it to my site nor am I interested in photobucket for one little picture.  BTW, I did save it to my comp and used the attachment option, but the forum refuses it.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 09 September 2008 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

The Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33

Here are my numbers….

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 September 2008 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
Mriana - 09 September 2008 05:39 PM

I had to change it to a *.png

Posted: 09 September 2008 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

It is currently a .png :(  So it says at least.  Oh well, my numbers are there and if anyone knows graphics they can figure it out.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 10 September 2008 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2007-12-10

So far it looks like CFI would vote Nader smile

Signature 

Dan

2 of 6