3 of 6
What is the CFI forums political philsophy?
Posted: 10 September 2008 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
danlhinz - 10 September 2008 07:00 PM

So far it looks like CFI would vote Nader smile

Not even to save MY life!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 10 September 2008 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  7503
Joined  2007-03-02
danlhinz - 10 September 2008 07:00 PM

So far it looks like CFI would vote Nader smile

Not on your life!  I’m an Obama person.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 10 September 2008 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2007-10-14
RuhiWarrior19 - 08 September 2008 08:03 AM

One this one I wrote “Mothers may have careers, but their first duty is to be homemakers.” agree, but I think it needs to be extended to fathers too. Parents may have careers, but their first duty is to be homemakers.

Mothers may have careers, but their first duty is to be homemakers.

I had a similar ‘issue’ with that question too ~ but for me, it was as much about the word ‘homemaker’ as it was about the mother/father discrepancy.  To me, ‘homemaker’ suggests cleaning, cooking etc. as well as parenting.  Now, if the question had been:  “Mothers may have careers, but their first duty is to be a PARENT”, I might have checked ‘agree’.......but as it was, I couldn’t.

Oh, and here are my results (geez, im almost in the exact same place as as the group consensus ‘CFI’ marker is :( I wanted to affect the graph somehow, damnit!:)

AxeGrrlgraph.jpg

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 11 September 2008 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Since the poll doesn’t test for practicality or psychiatric adjustment, it misses the reason we wouldn’t vote for Nader.  While I agree with a fair amount of his positions, I recognize a) he has no chance of winning, b) he has some really bizarre positions, and the most important, c) he’s a nut.

Occam

Posted: 11 September 2008 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  2422
Joined  2007-09-03
Occam - 11 September 2008 04:51 PM

c) he’s a nut.

But he seems to have neighbors…

Posted: 11 September 2008 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Jackson - 11 September 2008 05:14 PM

c) he’s a nut.

Would that be us? LOL

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 11 September 2008 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Joined  2007-09-03
asanta - 11 September 2008 05:22 PM
Jackson - 11 September 2008 05:14 PM

c) he’s a nut.

Would that be us? LOL

I meant it’s lonely over here in the Gamma Quadrant…

Posted: 11 September 2008 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Oh that’s right, Jackson - you were a bit to the right on the graph, weren’t you?  wink

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 11 September 2008 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Jackson - 11 September 2008 05:24 PM

I meant it’s lonely over here in the Gamma Quadrant…

Wow, how did you get way over there? You do seem quite alone! Nevertheless we still love ya!

Signature 

Posted: 12 September 2008 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  633
Joined  2007-12-10

The Nader thing was sarcasm but even the small number of people who took the test no one was close to any candidate that had any chance of winning.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 12 September 2008 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Joined  2007-09-03
danlhinz - 12 September 2008 04:02 PM

The Nader thing was sarcasm but even the small number of people who took the test no one was close to any candidate that had any chance of winning.

yeah— something looks odd when the candidates are way over there…

Posted: 12 September 2008 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Joined  2006-10-22

I believe the majority of the country would be in the center or upper right quadrant, so the candidates who have any hope of success have to mirror those values.  Unfortunately, those of us in the lower left quadrant just have to choose those candidates who have the lowest coefficients even though they are fairly far from us.

Occam

Posted: 12 September 2008 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2008-02-27

Perhaps we need to start a new political party with a twist. We being those of us who share this similar pattern of thinking. No real surprise that almost all of us are in the lower left quardrant. There is a lot of money that seems to be invested in opposing traditional views. It seems to me that rather than doing this it might be a good idea to simply build a community with these views and integrate modern technology yet make laws that prohibit certain authoritarian people from taking over. It’s probably possible, but a lot of paper work would be involved.

I’ve been thinking about this for a few years in detail but only recently want to take action due to the overwhelming stupidity of the majority I see. Not that I believe it is their fault, but still. Doesn’t anyone else’s blood boil enough to want to try something new rather than just bite the bit?

[ Edited: 12 September 2008 06:40 PM by Josiah ]
Image Attachments
My Test Result.png

Posted: 12 September 2008 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Joined  2006-10-22

I don’t think it’s practical to start communes.  It was tried in the sixties and wasn’t successful.  Rather, I think we need to work for small changes such as blocking gerrymandering, changing the voting system to allow the “instant run-off” style so each person ranks the candidates according to his/her preference.  This last would allow people to vote first for the minor party candidate without throwing their vote away, and would show the real feelings of the electorate.  Another reform would be to have public funding of elections.

Occam

Posted: 12 September 2008 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

We have so much fighting in our condominium association - I can’t imagine living in a commune - it could be worse! Although I suppose if we were all doped up like the hippie days, everyone would get along fantastically.

If only I could bake some “special brownies” to hand out at the next association meeting. LOL

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

3 of 6