It is a good day.
Posted: 09 September 2008 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-09-09

Hi.

Greetings from the UofArizona. I’ve lived in Tucson for as long as I can remember, so, while growing up, the UofA was always just ‘that university in town.’ Now that I’m a student here, I’ve been pleasantly surprised to find that the UofA is actually home to a well recognized philosophy department. Lucky for me because that’s my major.

I’ve been a skeptic for some time now, but none of my friends really are. So discussion about the, uh, usual skeptical things has been difficult. So finding this place is like finding a safe haven!

As far as I know, there is no club or association for skeptics on campus. I’m really interested in organizing one, so feel free to point me in the direction of any helpful information regarding how to go about that.

Posted: 09 September 2008 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14

Welcome to the site, DLR. Decent philosophy departments can indeed be bastions of skepticism, at least in the ordinary meaning of the phrase—people who like to question beliefs before entertaining them!

CFI has an “on campus” division. For more information, click HERE. I’m sure they can help you out. If for some reason they don’t, let me know.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 09 September 2008 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome De la Roca. Glad to have you here.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

‹‹ Howdy from Dallas      Greetings from Calgary ››