1 of 5
Icedbullet77: God is an Alien
Posted: 20 September 2008 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  731
Joined  2007-06-20

Icedbullet77 has forwarded the idea that God is an alien here and here.  Rather than discussing why other conceptions of God are incorrect (a waste of time for most people here) or further derailing those other threads, I’m hoping Icedbullet77 would use this thread to focus on this central claim of his/hers.

I propose we start out with some obvious questions.  Is this alien God the creator of the Universe? Does this God have a further alien (to it) God of its own?

Signature 

PC

Posted: 20 September 2008 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

Go for it.  I’m game if s/he is game.  I’m guessing you are game, PC, or you would not have openned this thread?

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 20 September 2008 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2008-09-19

Is God the creator of the Universe ?

No

Is there such a thing as another “Divine being” for an existing “divine being” such as our own god ?

Yes, most likely, but I can not prove this statement because we have not seen our Gods for thousands of year, maybe they will visit us again one day and we can ask them if they have a “God” of their own.

In Exodus it says how the LORD defines himself as a “jealous god”. Does that mean that there are other Gods that are not jealous ?

Probably.

In other words does that mean that there are other aliens who are not jealous ?

Most likely.

There probably are other aliens who are better then the ones we worship.

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

OK, like you’re saying, like those cute little eggheads are like gods?  What does Stargate call those cute little eggheads (and I mean that with affection towards the little ETs)?

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-19

Yes, I am saying that aliens are our gods, but most people don’t realize that because history has been distorted due to our lust for greed and power.

Those little “Eggheads” probably have the capability to use all of their brain power and perform what we call “miracles”.

As for us we can only use about 5% of our total brain capacity.

If i were to compare aliens with us, it would like comparing Einstein with a monkey.

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2008-02-24
Mriana - 20 September 2008 12:00 PM

OK, like you’re saying, like those cute little eggheads are like gods?  What does Stargate call those cute little eggheads (and I mean that with affection towards the little ETs)?

To be honest I think IB77 has been watching too much Stargate SG1 (as well as reading that Von Daniken idiot).

Kyu

Signature 

Kekerusey

“Keye’ung lu nì‘aw tì‘eyng mìkìfkey lekye’ung”
(Insanity, the only answer in a world insane!)

Atheists’s Heaven *** “Science, Just Science” Campaign *** Geekanology UK

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 11:57 AM

Is God the creator of the Universe ?

No

Okay, what you mean by “God” doesn’t include creator of the Universe.  Do you feel that our current scientific models for the formation of space, matter, stars, planets, and continents are probably close?  How about plants, animals, and (more specifically) human beings?  What role did God play and what role by evolution?

Is there such a thing as another “Divine being” for an existing “divine being” such as our own god ?

Yes, most likely, but I can not prove this statement because we have not seen our Gods for thousands of year, maybe they will visit us again one day and we can ask them if they have a “God” of their own.

Is it likely then that there is an initial alien God or is there an infinite regress of alien Gods?  Why is “divine being” in quotes”?  What does divine mean in this context?

Signature 

PC

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 12:05 PM

Yes, I am saying that aliens are our gods, but most people don’t realize that because history has been distorted due to our lust for greed and power.

Those little “Eggheads” probably have the capability to use all of their brain power and perform what we call “miracles”.

This is not true.  At any given moment, we are using more than 5 or 10% of our brains.  We use all our brains actually and even when we are asleep, our brains do not rest.  Our brains cause us to dream and assimulate the information we encountered throughout the day, as well as keep our hearts and lungs pumping.  Now I can find this info online for you or you can search Scientific America Mind section for this info, but to say we only use 5% of our brains is inaccurate and shows you have not actually done any research into the matter.  (BTW, I do have a psychology degree with a focus on neuro-psychology, so I can refer you to various textbooks with more accurate and scientific information too.  There is also the Brain Science podcast with Ginger Campbell that is very good too.)  What you have read is again pseudo-science and not real neurology or even neuro-psychology.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-19

Okay, what you mean by “God” doesn’t include creator of the Universe.  Do you feel that our current scientific models for the formation of space, matter, stars, planets, and continents are probably close?  How about plants, animals, and (more specifically) human beings?  What role did God play and what role by evolution?

God or in other words our aliens that we worship found our barren planet in our solar system and they gave life to it. My theory is that all living things on this planet came from another planet much like the alien’s planet. As for humans, we evolved the way we are today because of alien genes, in other words we are a mixed species of neanderthals and aliens. That is what i believe is the missing link to our evolution, the alien gene. Without it we would still be living in caves today and hunting with bones.

Is it likely then that there is an initial alien God or is there an infinite regress of alien Gods?  Why is “divine being” in quotes”?  What does divine mean in this context?

Maybe I worded it wrong, but it is likely that our aliens were created by other species of aliens as well. How long does this cycle go ?

I am not sure so to say, it could go on forever, but I am sure it stops at one point.

If it does not then maybe we are exactly the same as the universe, always was and always will be.

We will advance to a point that we will go into a different solar system just like the aliens and create artificial life just like the aliens just to see the outcomes of science.

Which is how far can life advance ?

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 11:57 AM

In Exodus it says how the LORD defines himself as a “jealous god”. Does that mean that there are other Gods that are not jealous ?

Probably.

In other words does that mean that there are other aliens who are not jealous ?

Most likely.

There probably are other aliens who are better then the ones we worship.

How does this work—are you assuming the Bible is true and then trying to explain it using aliens?  Or does the idea of aliens originate independently and some stories in the Bible appear to corroborate it?

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-19

This is not true.  At any given moment, we are using more than 5 or 10% of our brains.  We use all our brains actually and even when we are asleep, our brains do not rest.  Our brains cause us to dream and assimulate the information we encountered throughout the day, as well as keep our hearts and lungs pumping.  Now I can find this info online for you or you can search Scientific America Mind section for this info, but to say we only use 5% of our brains is inaccurate and shows you have not actually done any research into the matter.  (BTW, I do have a psychology degree with a focus on neuro-psychology, so I can refer you to various textbooks with more accurate and scientific information too.  There is also the Brain Science podcast with Ginger Campbell that is very good too.)  What you have read is again pseudo-science and not real neurology or even neuro-psychology.

True that during our sleep we use more of our brain power then we do during the day, but the key point here is that during the day we usually do not use our full capacity only 1/10th. As for the aliens they probably have the ability to use all their brain capacity through out the day and night making them much more superior intellectual beings then us. Because they know so much more they can probably perform things that we may see as impossibilities, due to our lack of understanding of things.

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 12:23 PM

God or in other words our aliens that we worship found our barren planet in our solar system and they gave life to it. My theory is that all living things on this planet came from another planet much like the alien’s planet. As for humans, we evolved the way we are today because of alien genes, in other words we are a mixed species of neanderthals and aliens. That is what i believe is the missing link to our evolution, the alien gene. Without it we would still be living in caves today and hunting with bones.

I’m not sure I understand.  Did God intervene twice on this planet?  Once to start all life (plant, animal, fungi) from a common ancestor and then again later to promote an evolved primate into a species of rational animals; humans?

Maybe I worded it wrong, but it is likely that our aliens were created by other species of aliens as well. How long does this cycle go ?

I am not sure so to say, it could go on forever, but I am sure it stops at one point.

Okay. What that does is only move the difficult questions out further.  It seems your cosmology doesn’t have an accounting for the initial intelligence.  Is that right?

Signature 

PC

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-19

How does this work—are you assuming the Bible is true and then trying to explain it using aliens?  Or does the idea of aliens originate independently and some stories in the Bible appear to corroborate it?

Yes I believe that the bible is true if you use aliens in the story line then it would sound more like a journal instead of a fantasy book.

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 12:23 PM

Then we’re demi-gods?

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 12:05 PM

Actually, the myth is that we only use 10% of our brain capacity. But this claim is false.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

Icedbullet, do you have any evidence for any of the absurd claims you’re making here? Or do you just enjoy wallowing in fantasy?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

1 of 5