2 of 5
Icedbullet77: God is an Alien
Posted: 20 September 2008 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2008-09-19

I’m not sure I understand.  Did God intervene twice on this planet?  Once to start all life (plant, animal, fungi) from a common ancestor and then again later to promote an evolved primate into a species of rational animals; humans?

Yes, that is correct, in other words, at first it was just plants and animals, but then I believe the aliens selected the most intelligent mammal species and pretty much crossed genes with their own in order to give half of their brain capacity which we did not have before, in term giving us our consciousness, our ego, and the ability to understand things better, instead of just scratching our head every day trying to figure out how to club things better across the head with a bone.

Actually if you read the bible I think that aliens might have interfered 3 times not just twice, the third time being during Atlantis. After we gained consciousness and started to understand nature better we finally understood how alien technology worked, we understood it so much that we became an advanced civilization, the only problem was we did not understand the consequences of such an advanced technology so the aliens brought “The great flood” sinking Atlantis into the ocean.

Okay. What that does is only move the difficult questions out further.  It seems your cosmology doesn’t have an accounting for the initial intelligence.  Is that right?

Correct, I do not understand the initial cause for the existence of these alien species, that is far beyond my knowledge.

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

I remember that old wives tale, that we only use 10% of our brains. I recall hearing it debunked back in college psychology class.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 12:30 PM

True that during our sleep we use more of our brain power then we do during the day, but the key point here is that during the day we usually do not use our full capacity only 1/10th. As for the aliens they probably have the ability to use all their brain capacity through out the day and night making them much more superior intellectual beings then us. Because they know so much more they can probably perform things that we may see as impossibilities, due to our lack of understanding of things.

This is a fallicy to say we use 1/10 of our brains during the day.  It is simply not true.  We do not use more during sleep either.  It’s a myth to say we do.

Do we really use only 10% of our brains?

The answer is no and there are more resources listed there for further research.

The Ten Percent Myth

Again, what you state is a myth.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 20 September 2008 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  731
Joined  2007-06-20
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 12:50 PM

Correct, I do not understand the initial cause for the existence of these alien species, that is far beyond my knowledge.

Well then.  This is a whole lot less interesting than I thought it would be.  Your cosmology hasn’t any significant explanatory value.  If alien intelligence can arise elsewhere to start this chain of interstellar reproduction, I don’t see why it couldn’t have happened here independently as well.  You’re just pushing the difficult questions out of reach and without a good basis for doing so.

Signature 

PC

Posted: 20 September 2008 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-19
dougsmith - 20 September 2008 12:48 PM

Icedbullet, do you have any evidence for any of the absurd claims you’re making here? Or do you just enjoy wallowing in fantasy?

I do not have a PhD in neuro-psychology, I do not know how exactly our brain functions and how it is being used throughout the day.

However I am trying to make sense of things we do not understand such as the aliens we worship.

What do you want me to do ? Haul a crashed spaceship in your backyard or bring a dead alien on your front porch in order to convince you that this is not a fantasy that there is something more then just yourself and your simple day to day logic.

This is why we do not come in contact with aliens more often because we consider them as fantasy and fiction and we do not support their existence when they are clearly mentioned through out history.

Posted: 20 September 2008 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 01:04 PM

I do not have a PhD in neuro-psychology, I do not know how exactly our brain functions and how it is being used throughout the day.

However I am trying to make sense of things we do not understand such as the aliens we worship.

What do you want me to do ? Haul a crashed spaceship in your backyard or bring a dead alien on your front porch in order to convince you that this is not a fantasy that there is something more then just yourself and your simple day to day logic.

This is why we do not come in contact with aliens more often because we consider them as fantasy and fiction and we do not support their existence when they are clearly mentioned through out history.

But they are quite plainly NOT clearly mentioned throughout history. They are only mentioned in the mid to late 20th century, with the rise of aliens in films and TV. You are simply doing an objectionable form of historical rewriting and skewed overinterpretation to come to your opinions.

And yes, I would expect that since you are so sure that these aliens exist and have done such incredible things throughout history, that you have more actual evidence than simply your own abilities as an interpretive fantasist. Because the actual archaeologists who have investigated the sites and places you mention do not believe a word of it.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 20 September 2008 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-19

Well then.  This is a whole lot less interesting than I thought it would be.  Your cosmology hasn’t any significant explanatory value.  If alien intelligence can arise elsewhere to start this chain of interstellar reproduction, I don’t see why it couldn’t have happened here independently as well.  You’re just pushing the difficult questions out of reach and without a good basis for doing so.

I am not an alien, I do not know what started all life, all i know is that aliens started our life. If you want to know alien knowledge then I suggest you ask an alien.

Heck this universe might even be just an experiment, in other words there would be no meaning to all life and why it started because at one point it might all end in a heartbeat.

Posted: 20 September 2008 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2007-06-20

Maybe there is some interesting material yet to be mined here.

Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 01:04 PM

“We” don’t worship aliens.  Some of us don’t worship anything at all.  We’re atheists.  Assuming that you do, why do you worship aliens?  Will they reward you for doing so?  Will they punish me for not doing so?  Punish my mother for doing so incorrectly?  What does your worship involve?

Signature 

PC

Posted: 20 September 2008 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 01:13 PM

... all i know is that aliens started our life.

How do you know this? Because of some words in a book that you have reinterpreted? How do you know those words were accurate? How do you know you have the right wild reinterpretation of them?

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 20 September 2008 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-19

But they are quite plainly NOT clearly mentioned throughout history. They are only mentioned in the mid to late 20th century, with the rise of aliens in films and TV. You are simply doing an objectionable form of historical rewriting and skewed overinterpretation to come to your opinions.

And yes, I would expect that since you are so sure that these aliens exist and have done such incredible things throughout history, that you have more actual evidence than simply your own abilities as an interpretive fantasist. Because the actual archaeologists who have investigated the sites and places you mention do not believe a word of it.

Actually aliens have been mentioned during the Mayan times too, that was about 6000 years ago maybe even longer and those alien visits have been inscribed on the walls, theses stories written on the walls depict how they came down in a ball of light and taught them how to build, farm, write, etc. and they were worshiped.

If you do not want to debate about this and do what archeologist do which is ignore these types of topics then just close the thread and I won’t have to waste my time and yours.

Posted: 20 September 2008 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-19

“We” don’t worship aliens.  Some of us don’t worship anything at all.  We’re atheists.  Assuming that you do, why do you worship aliens?  Will they reward you for doing so?  Will they punish me for not doing so?  Punish my mother for doing so incorrectly?  What does your worship involve?

I respect you personal choice of belief, but there are millions of people who think they are worshiping an “invisible man in the sky”.

Apparently the reward is that you will be part of their civilization if you worship them and if not we will be left behind on this planet (none worshipers) to do as we please which actually doesn’t sound very bad. I am an Atheist myself.
Rewards and punishments are laid out in the commandments.
The list is very long and I would rather live my life the way I see it fit then live it the way aliens tell us.

So yea, I don’t go to church, i just live life the way I want to.

Posted: 20 September 2008 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 01:47 PM

I respect you personal choice of belief, but there are millions of people who think they are worshiping an “invisible man in the sky”.

Apparently the reward is that you will be part of their civilization if you worship them and if not we will be left behind on this planet (none worshipers) to do as we please which actually doesn’t sound very bad. I am an Atheist myself.
Rewards and punishments are laid out in the commandments.
The list is very long and I would rather live my life the way I see it fit then live it the way aliens tell us.

So yea, I don’t go to church, i just live life the way I want to.

For the record, my lack of theistic belief doesn’t feel like a choice to me.  Do you feel you have a choice in believing as you do?

The rest brings up some interesting questions.  Is the morality prescribed in the Bible simply the alien’s wishes and not an objective morality?

Signature 

PC

Posted: 20 September 2008 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 01:32 PM

Actually aliens have been mentioned during the Mayan times too, that was about 6000 years ago maybe even longer and those alien visits have been inscribed on the walls, theses stories written on the walls depict how they came down in a ball of light and taught them how to build, farm, write, etc. and they were worshiped.

If you do not want to debate about this and do what archeologist do which is ignore these types of topics then just close the thread and I won’t have to waste my time and yours.

This is totally false, Icedbullet. The Maya never wrote about aliens, nor depicted them in any of their drawings or sculptures. This is simply complete ignorance on your part, I have to say.

Before you start making outlandish interpretations of writings or paintings, you really ought to try to learn something about the cultures which made the artwork. As it is, you are simply wasting your own time. What you need is a more productive hobby.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 20 September 2008 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2007-06-20

Also, the earliest Maya civilization is less than 4,000 years old.  The remaining architecture of any note is about a millennium younger than that.  Where you do come up with 6,000 years, Iced?

Signature 

PC

Posted: 20 September 2008 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-19

For the record, my lack of theistic belief doesn’t feel like a choice to me.  Do you feel you have a choice in believing as you do?

The rest brings up some interesting questions.  Is the morality prescribed in the Bible simply the alien’s wishes and not an objective morality?

Yes, i feel I have a choice in believing as i do, do i want to follow a code or do I want to live my life the way I see it fit.

The morality prescribed in the bible is not objective morality, it is the alien’s wishes, or in other words their own codes of conduct, not our own.

In reality there is no right or wrong, that is just somebody’s opinion of things, but without right or wrong we wouldn’t be able to determine the abnormal from the normal.

2 of 5