3 of 5
Icedbullet77: God is an Alien
Posted: 20 September 2008 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2008-09-19

You know what ?

Forget this topic, I am starting to get frustrated with all these questions.

Posted: 20 September 2008 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  731
Joined  2007-06-20

So how about an afterlife?  After our individual biological bodies stop functioning, do the aliens provide us with additional existence?  Do they have anything to do with an afterlife at all?  Is there such a thing as a soul?  Is it eternal?

Signature 

PC

Posted: 20 September 2008 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  731
Joined  2007-06-20
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 02:24 PM

You know what ?

Great.  Perhaps now you’ll stop hijacking so many other discussions with your silly ideas.

Signature 

PC

Posted: 20 September 2008 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

You know what ?

Why am I not surprised?  Hopefully some of the thing we mentioned helped to get you to question some of the things you think are true and do further research before you starting saying things about paranormal, neurology, or what have.  I’m still not sure how you believe the Bible is the wishes/codes of aliens for us, esp when religious texts are written and inspired by humans and completely fallible.

In reality there is no right or wrong, that is just somebody’s opinion of things, but without right or wrong we wouldn’t be able to determine the abnormal from the normal.

And what to you is abnormal?

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 20 September 2008 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 12:05 PM

As for us we can only use about 5% of our total brain capacity.

Not true, PET scans have proved this a fallacy.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 September 2008 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 12:30 PM

True that during our sleep we use more of our brain power then we do during the day, but the key point here is that during the day we usually do not use our full capacity only 1/10th.

Fallacy, when awake we are using 100% of our brain. This has been proved in a number of ways, on a number of ways. On an evolutionary level it would not make sense to have an organ that uses a significant amount of the oxygen we breathe in and a significant amount of the food energy we take in operate, at 5-10% under those conditions.

[ Edited: 16 October 2008 07:04 PM by asanta ]
 Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 30 September 2008 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2008-07-26
asanta - 20 September 2008 07:37 PM
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 12:30 PM

True that during our sleep we use more of our brain power then we do during the day, but the key point here is that during the day we usually do not use our full capacity only 1/10th.

Fallacy, when awake we are using 100% of our brain. This has been proved in a number of ways, on a number of ways. On an evolutionary level it would not make sense to have an organ that uses a significant amount of the oxygen we breathe in and a significant amount of the food energy we take in operate, at 5-10% under those conditions.

Although it is hard to argue the point with one who now brings it, as they have demonstrated incontrovertably they are not using 100% of theirs.

Good point on evo.. O2 cost and 20% of all caloric energy cost is only part of the problem.. add to cost the mortality rate caused by gigantic craniums fittin through during birth plus the extra-long childhood required to prime such a brain making its owner totally helpless/vulnerable for years. Brains might be gram for gram the most “costly” organ in all the animal kingdom. To say it is not utilized is to say evolution is nonsense.

Posted: 30 September 2008 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2008-09-26

so it’s still a debate in the realm of physics and logic..?  huh.. go figure…  tongue rolleye
(I want to know more about these cosmic blankets bumping universes into existence.. alien’s probably do too. smile)

Signature 

be like a woman is.

Posted: 30 September 2008 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-05-04
Icedbullet77 - 20 September 2008 01:32 PM

Actually aliens have been mentioned during the Mayan times too, that was about 6000 years ago maybe even longer and those alien visits have been inscribed on the walls, theses stories written on the walls depict how they came down in a ball of light and taught them how to build, farm, write, etc. and they were worshiped.

If you do not want to debate about this and do what archeologist do which is ignore these types of topics then just close the thread and I won’t have to waste my time and yours.

This is preposterous, you using one cultures religious myth to confirm another cultures religious myth, and your not even arguing religion. Besides wasn’t the Mayan the first culture to refine and produce cocaine… no wonder they have such mythologies. The fact is, the story that you are referring to is just another creation story, no body thought to combine their creation story with si-fi until post Roswell.

In fact, I can’t think (or find online) any reliable sources that has a story of a person being abducted by ET’s pre Roswell. Granted there are “stories of UFO’s” that do go back hundreds of years, but I take them for what they are Unidentified Fling Objects… just because the object is unidentified doesn’t mean that they are piloted by ET’s. They where just unexplained, at the time that they happened.

Now a days ever second person in the technological world has a video/camera on them where ever they go (on the cell phones) and I am still being shown these fuzzy video’s and photo’s from the 70 & 80’s as some sort of proof. You think that with all this wide spread video and camera equipment that people are packing around with them we would have some decent footage….. on that note, are you aware of any photo’s or video that hasn’t been proved to be something ells, or a hoax?

Have you ever thought of the math?

Are Aliens Visiting Earth?
(Part 1 of 2 Parts)
by:
Kirk Straughen

The Drake Equation (formulated by the astronomer Frank Drake) was developed in an attempt to calculate the number of civilisations (N) that might exist in our galaxy with whom we can communicate. The formula is as follows:

N = R*  x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

Where R* = the annual rate of star formation in our galaxy;
fp = the fraction of stars that will develop solar systems;
ne = the number of planets that will have conditions suitable for the development of life;
fl = the probability that life will develop on such planets;
fi = the probability that intelligent life will evolve;
fc = the probability that these beings will develop a technological civilisation capable of interstellar communication;

and L = the number of years that a civilisation would spend attempting to communicate with others.

From Source:  http://www.adam.com.au/bstett/PaAlienVisits94.htm

Signature 

“Is there a God in heven, a devil in hell, or is the only light to be seen the one at the end of my cigarette?”

Posted: 30 September 2008 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-04

You know what ?

Of course, but I would imagine that it is not frustration with the questions but a frustration with the “proof” that just isn’t there

Signature 

“Is there a God in heven, a devil in hell, or is the only light to be seen the one at the end of my cigarette?”

Posted: 30 September 2008 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
Amos - 30 September 2008 12:18 PM

Besides wasn’t the Mayan the first culture to refine and produce cocaine… no wonder they have such mythologies.

Not sure what you’re thinking of, but there is no coca leaf in southern Mexico and Central America, where the Maya live. You’re probably thinking of the Andes, which would be the Inca, although I don’t believe they ever refined pure cocaine. They chew the leaves.

At any rate, the Maya have no inscriptions of aliens. This is all nonsense from von Däniken. It has no archaeological credibility whatsoever.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 30 September 2008 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-04

Yes, I was thinking of the Inca’s.. I was total off there.

Signature 

Posted: 01 October 2008 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2008-02-24

You know what ?

ROFLMAO ... now that’s not only funny (in a pathetic kinda way) but it’s the most sensible thing you’ve done so far! All is not lost however ... perhaps you will take something away from this, possibly even the understanding that validatable evidence is a requirement when making claims otherwise they are regarded as unsubstantiated and (often brutally) rejected.

Kyu

[ Edited: 01 October 2008 01:01 AM by Kyuuketsuki UK ]
 Signature 

Kekerusey

“Keye’ung lu nì‘aw tì‘eyng mìkìfkey lekye’ung”
(Insanity, the only answer in a world insane!)

Atheists’s Heaven *** “Science, Just Science” Campaign *** Geekanology UK

Posted: 02 October 2008 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2008-09-19

: (

[ Edited: 14 October 2008 07:03 AM by Icedbullet77 ]

Posted: 02 October 2008 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

LOL  I don’t mean to laugh, but I think I’ve heard that story before from some cult.  Turned out there was no UFO and they had waited for nothing.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

3 of 5