1 of 5
A little levity amongst the seriousness
Posted: 21 September 2008 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

I thought this might be a good thread for people to post humorous pieces where everyone could come for a laugh now and then. We’ve previously posted these Gina Gershon and Tina Fey impersonations of Sarah Palin - both very funny!

And here are a couple of Obama satire pieces that were really funny.

-  From “The Onion” Obama Deletes Another Unread MoveOn.org E-Mail
-  (Warning on use of foul language in this piece) Obama to Nation - F’ this…I’m outta here!

If anyone else has some funny pieces they’d like to post, please add them to the thread!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 03 October 2008 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2422
Joined  2007-09-03
Jules - 21 September 2008 01:36 PM

I thought this might be a good thread for people to post humorous pieces where everyone could come for a laugh now and then.

I thought this was a little funny if silly.—you can get this on a T-shirt at the WWWsite below
http://www.snorgtees.com/theempirestrikesbarack-p-555.html?osCsid=227b348cde2e8a15318754fb242efec2
Barack_Fullpic_1.gif

[ Edited: 10 October 2008 02:50 AM by Jackson ]

Posted: 03 October 2008 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

LOL

Here’s a good one from The Onion

Rules for the VP Debate

(A little preview, Rule #1 Candidates will be cued to enter as the laser light show subsides, and should be on stage no later than the intro guitar riff to “Living After Midnight”)

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 03 October 2008 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2008-09-18

I hear if Obama loses for the dems this will be his next job. grin
Driving.jpg

Posted: 03 October 2008 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Ouch! big surprise

Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2008 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Here’s a cute one:

Palin Brushing Up On Foreign Policy At Epcot

“ORLANDO, FL—Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin sought to silence those who have criticized her lack of foreign affairs experience Tuesday by announcing plans for a weeklong, 10-nation tour of Walt Disney World’s Epcot. According to Palin, the trip—her first past Frontierland—will include speaking engagements at Norway’s famous Viking ride, sausages at Germany’s Kaufhaus, and, time permitting, a fact-finding mission to Future World.”

Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2008 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Here is another funny.

Image Attachments
mccain-old-men.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2008 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2007-10-14

Debate.jpg

Sarah-Palin-LibrarianSmlr.jpg

Sarah-Palin-HunterSmlr.jpg

check out other stuff by this artist ~ she’s pretty amazing :)

Zina Saunders

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 04 October 2008 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I like the cheerleader - at a gas pump instead of a podium LOL

Signature 

Posted: 05 October 2008 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

The latest Saturday Night Live clip - spoofing the VP debate.

VP Debate Open: Palin / Biden

Starring Queen Latifah as Gwen Ifill.

Signature 

Posted: 05 October 2008 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Here is a silly one. Click the picture for full size.

Image Attachments
electiontrains.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2008 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Palin Institute of Abstinence T-Shirt

And they carry a few other fun T-Shirts as well Click Here to see designs.

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2008 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  2422
Joined  2007-09-03
Jules - 21 September 2008 01:36 PM

I thought this might be a good thread for people to post humorous pieces where everyone could come for a laugh now and then. We’ve previously posted these Gina Gershon and Tina Fey impersonations of Sarah Palin - both very funny!

One reason to vote for McCain is .....

081013_cartoon_g_a13748_p465.gif
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/issuecartoons/2008/10/13/cartoons_20081006?slide=16#showHeader

Posted: 09 October 2008 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Ha ha - that’s cute, Jackson!

Tina Fey is spot on. Even Palin herself said it was great, and has mentioned going on the show in the future to “spoof the spoofs.”

I also liked Saturday Night Live’s impersonations of McCain, Biden and Obama. We all need the laughs!

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2008 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  4142
Joined  2008-08-14
Jules - 09 October 2008 07:36 PM

Ha ha - that’s cute, Jackson!

Tina Fey is spot on. Even Palin herself said it was great, and has mentioned going on the show in the future to “spoof the spoofs.”

I also liked Saturday Night Live’s impersonations of McCain, Biden and Obama. We all need the laughs!

I’ll wager Palin mentioned that to fish for recognition of her own viability.Now that she is realizing that her VP opportunity is fading,she’s going to want to keep “the face"out there.
  I know this is in complete violation of the grain of this thread,but why are we in this cycle of TV show qualifiers for leaders?I’m sorry,but there is no levity in my response.We could possibly be on the brink of economic meltdown.
  I read this appalling piece today in the entertainment section of my Warren Buffet owned newspaper.It was a gossipy section,and the gist was that Sarah Palin wasn’t going away.She’s a new player in the forum.
  THIS IS DRECK!!!!!Great!! Sarah Palin is showing us that she’s good for a laugh!!She’s really ready to be the Leader and make jokes on SNL.
  After she’s performed her “Skit” and we all chuckle,and relate to it,stay tuned to the commercials.
  I can’t wait to follow Sarah Palin and her willingness to reinvent herself to get a laugh on SNL and make choices politically that will have an effect on our lives.
  Hey if sports isn’t your thing,then stay tuned,they are already speculating on the Hillary vs.Palin thing.THIS IS WHY WE ARE IN THE TOILET!!!!

[ Edited: 10 October 2008 07:00 PM by VYAZMA ]
 Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 09 October 2008 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Vyazma, your post is kind of insulting to me. Look, I don’t care for Palin, and many of her political stances frighten me. I will obviously not be voting for the McCain/Palin ticket do to those concerns, and other concerns as well. I just thought it was flattering to Tina Fey that even Palin herself got a laugh out of the skit. I thought that was funny. I’m sure the other candidates got a kick out of their impersonations as well. It’s like being roasted.

I spend 95% of my time dead serious about this election. If I can’t have a laugh now and then, I’d be horribly depressed. I’m just as concerned about the economy and the election as everyone else. Humor can be therapeutic.

Signature 

1 of 5