Joined  2008-09-26

Glad to be here.  Any canucks around?

Signature 

be like a woman is.

Posted: 26 September 2008 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7573
Joined  2007-03-02

Hi and welcome to CFI board.  Sorry, I’m not a canuck.  I live south of the Mason Dixon line- just barely.  So I’m a long ways from there, but I’m always willing to welcome people.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 26 September 2008 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2008-09-26

well thank you kindly. smile
I was wondering if this was the herding cats place. I had thought I wanted to meet people to organize with.  Is the idea that an online community is just as good as physical/geographical meetings?

Signature 

be like a woman is.

Posted: 26 September 2008 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7573
Joined  2007-03-02

I herd cats all the time.  LOL  I own two.  Just takes a little tuna, a little catnip, and mice.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 26 September 2008 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Welcome dj.jk.  Yes, there are quite a few members from Canada here.  They sometimes identify themselves, especially when they mention Canadian politics.  Of course, they range from Victoria to Montreal, and even a bit east and north of there.  So you may not be able to get too many of them to join a local organization.  Since many of us have that problem, we have to settle for an online community.  That may not be too bad, because one of the problems with cats is that, not only do they go in different directions, they have very different opinions.  It’s harder to put someone on “ignore” if you see them at a physical meeting. LOL

Occam

Posted: 27 September 2008 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-26

It’s agreed that when you meet someone who has a differing opinion face to face it is much different than talking abstractly about your thoughts on something. 
I am concerned about our herd because people in the “elite” or academics are not forced to meet with racist people, or fanatics or very poor people who are prone to desperation.  So even putting aside the question of religion, which thankfully has a bright light on it now, there are so many people world wide that need a talking to.
I find in my own city that I hear racist comments against the first nations peoples about drug use or Asians blamed for some economic issues that are not related.  I find people that believe, that the government is not to be trusted, which highly offends my sensibilities.  People that I’ve met who are on social assistance are very violent with there own children in a systemic way out of a lack of emotional resources.
I want a world where when someone says “let’s create a conversation” it does not only included people with degrees.

Signature 

be like a woman is.

Posted: 27 September 2008 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

Welcome to the forum, dj.jk. Yes, you’ll see quite a range of people here, including quite a few from Canada. Enjoy!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 27 September 2008 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2008-06-20

You mean there are people here who AREN’T from Canaduh? smile

Welcome dj.jk. I’m right next door in Red Deer.

Signature 

I’m not sayin’....
I’m just sayin’....

Posted: 27 September 2008 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-05-04

Hey jd.jk, please to meet. I live in Banff, AB myself

Signature 

“Is there a God in heven, a devil in hell, or is the only light to be seen the one at the end of my cigarette?”

Posted: 28 September 2008 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-26

hello.
thank you for the welcome.. smile

Signature 

be like a woman is.