1 of 2
The Impossible Dream?
Posted: 28 October 2008 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-10-27

With our new president, Obama, perhaps we’ll take another step forward.
Let’s give the money to the poor again and let it trickle up - it’s more agreeable that way.
Let’s also give the money back to the Humanties in the Universities!
Let’s change direction for awhile!

Posted: 29 October 2008 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4142
Joined  2008-08-14
Socrate’s pupil - 28 October 2008 01:43 PM

Let’s give the money to the poor again and let it trickle up - it’s more agreeable that way.

Yes thats what I’m hoping for.With this election,Obama and the congress could have a real mandate for change.I don’t think we should change direction for awhile.We should go for changing things forever.This could be the time for a permanent “spectral"shift in party politics.It is a real opportunity to quash conservatisim.Many of the so-called low income to middle income right wing voters,the “god,guns,and gays"voters could be stolen back to the center/center-left quite easily.This could be done through careful popular administration,in conjunction with real net gains in economic prosperity.Appeasing their beliefs,but at the same time PROVING to them,that their beliefs don’t have to stand in their way of voting and participating in a party that is more geared to providing for the majority of the people.
I know that’s a big issue to tackle,but what are the alternatives?Once this is done,then we can see the the spectrum shift in party/people representation,and the dwindeling and dissolution of the republican party.Sounds far-fetched?No,it’s not.It happens all the time throughout history both nationaly and internationaly.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 29 October 2008 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-27

“Appeasing their beliefs,but at the same time PROVING to them,that their beliefs don’t have to stand in their way of voting and participating in a party that is more geared to providing for the majority of the people.”
I like this! What you are saying is take religion out of politics! Slowly, carefully, with love and patience - let them have their beliefs that have nothing to do with swaying their voting opinions, even if they are girls or gays they would still vote intelligently. Am I saying this correctly?

Posted: 29 October 2008 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Socrate’s pupil - 29 October 2008 08:32 AM

“Appeasing their beliefs,but at the same time PROVING to them,that their beliefs don’t have to stand in their way of voting and participating in a party that is more geared to providing for the majority of the people.”
I like this! What you are saying is take religion out of politics! Slowly, carefully, with love and patience - let them have their beliefs that have nothing to do with swaying their voting opinions, even if they are girls or gays they would still vote intelligently. Am I saying this correctly?

Yes exactly.It would be a slow process,and would have to be done carefully.Somehow these people must be shown that it is ok for someone to own a gun.(not machine guns)It must be shown that abortion is not the best answer to population control,but if you don’t wish to have an abortion,no one is going to force you to.
You know,much of this really centers around people worrying about what other people are doing.The people must be shown that anyone can exercise their rights.Anyone should be allowed to do what they want,within the laws.
Much of this comes from propaganda.People who seek power use the old divide and conquer trick to alienate people,and thus gain a constituency.Maybe a simple trick would be to outlaw all negativity in campaigns.In fact make it illegal to talk about your opponent.You can only talk about what you have to offer the people.I don’t know Socrates?The whole human nature thing comes rushing in,it makes it difficult to imagine.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 29 October 2008 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-27

Your my man! Guns are ok, it’s the fool that stupidly uses the gun! Abortions are a personal thing and are not the concern of the neighbor, the state or religion. We want to live in a free society not the world of George Orwell, live as individuals and still live in society!

Posted: 29 October 2008 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Socrate’s pupil - 29 October 2008 10:01 AM

Your my man! Guns are ok, it’s the fool that stupidly uses the gun! Abortions are a personal thing and are not the concern of the neighbor, the state or religion. We want to live in a free society not the world of George Orwell, live as individuals and still live in society!

What are your thoughts Socrates,on somehow reducing the culture of violence in this country?Do you think that video games,and television,and films and so-forth enhance the culture of violence.The constant drumbeat for war in this country-as evidinced by our defense budget,the toys children play with,all the documentaries on TV and video.The overall acceptance of the death penalty is another thing.The little yellow ribbons on peoples cars that say “support our troops"but they really say"support our war”!!Notice how few of these yellow ribbons there are lately?

Signature 

Posted: 29 October 2008 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-27

I was once a teacher in the ghetto in LA - killing was an everyday thing and almost always by the LAPD! They once killed one of my students who was fleeing in the car he had just stolen! He was 14 or 15 years old! The violent are almost always found in right-wing population! The violence is inspired by them! Remember our fool leader marching us off to war under the guise of Christianity and Democracy? And the simple allowed themselves to be led off (what was it, the Pied Pipper?)

Posted: 29 October 2008 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-08-14

Yes Socrates,they can use the culture of violence to their advantage at least threefold.
1 It allows society to perpetrate violence amongst ourselves.As we sit and fight each other and kill each other,we are distracted away from the real matters.This is very prolific in the propagation of ghettos.I won’t digress into the mechanics of this right now.I’m sure you’re aware of them.
2.A police force which uses deadly force,or violence on its citizens.Sometimes indiscriminately.This is brainwashed into peoples heads by keeping popular myths alive.Cops and Robbers,Jesse James,Dillinger.The massive amounts of Police Pulp drama and movies and TV.My neighbors 7 year old kid catches me outside my house and says “police freeze"then he starts shooting me with his cap pistol.How many crimes today,actually require traditional methods of pursuit and capture.Really?Does a shoplifter deserve to be thrown down on the concrete and pummeled,maybe tasered with electricity?What constitutes resistance?The police can arbitrarily decide,and then literally beat you.Maybe someone who ran a red light doesn’t want to get out of their car and be questioned.Why should they?Do they have the right to put up verbal resistance and question their handling?Have their car or personal items ransacked?I believe this is all important in creating an atmosphere which is good for making people fear assemblies and protests.People barely have the right to free assembly in this country,and are apprehensive about it.
3.Of course,a society that is conditioned to violence,will be far less resistant to protesting its leaders choice to go to war.And when it’s citizens are told that their tax dollars and leaders are directly responsible for death,including innocent women and children,then we can all take it with a few more grains of salt.

Signature 

Posted: 29 October 2008 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-27

(This is our site!)
You are so sharp on this - you sure you don’t have a Doctorate?
In the ten years I was teaching there, WOW, so much violence - remember, it was the Sixties, the Flower Children, the Black Panthers (where I was) - all they wanted to do was change the world! They were so beautiful! But when the man started coming down on them in the late Sixties, my oh my, how ugly it got! Even one of my fellow teachers was an FBI agent - beautiful Black chick! Talk about being parnoid! I split in ‘70 afraid for my life!
So here I am!

Posted: 29 October 2008 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Socrate’s pupil - 29 October 2008 11:13 AM

(This is our site!)
You are so sharp on this - you sure you don’t have a Doctorate?
In the ten years I was teaching there, WOW, so much violence - remember, it was the Sixties, the Flower Children, the Black Panthers (where I was) - all they wanted to do was change the world! They were so beautiful! But when the man started coming down on them in the late Sixties, my oh my, how ugly it got! Even one of my fellow teachers was an FBI agent - beautiful Black chick! Talk about being parnoid! I split in ‘70 afraid for my life!
So here I am!

I can only imagine!I’ll tell you one thing though.The Music which came out of that generation is incredible,and will never be duplicated.You know Socrates,I lived in Germany for about 3 years.Lots of times I wish I would have stayed there.Since I was 13-14,I was,and still am kind of,obsessed with the 60’s.The youth then almost had it.They almost changed it.But the gulf that existed between California and the East Coast was too large.The police repression and Vietnam sucked the life out of that potential cultural revolution.That’s my take in a nutshell.You lived it.I was born in 1970.I love history.

Signature 

Posted: 29 October 2008 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-27

Such a heavy subject! Man is a poor and simple animal. If the leader goes off on a killing binge, they follow along like gleeful children! I have seen this so many times! And when the leader is good and kind, they become so warm and wonderful. There are the Hitlers and there are the Kennedys - both dynamic leaders! Give the people peace and prosperity and the violence disappears. It is as simple as that. Whip them up into a frenzy, and you have slaughter.

Posted: 29 October 2008 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Socrate’s pupil - 29 October 2008 12:02 PM

Such a heavy subject! Man is a poor and simple animal. If the leader goes off on a killing binge, they follow along like gleeful children! I have seen this so many times! And when the leader is good and kind, they become so warm and wonderful. There are the Hitlers and there are the Kennedys - both dynamic leaders! Give the people peace and prosperity and the violence disappears. It is as simple as that. Whip them up into a frenzy, and you have slaughter.

Yeah,it’s always been that way.It always will.That is one of the things that is “hard wired"into us.I am making my assertion from a book I read by Desmond Morris.Perhaps he’s dated,I don’t know,but it’s the way of the animal.Tribes,groups,leaders.Strong survive,weak fail.People will follow the strong brute every time,rather than the frail sage.Heck,in our times,even the large,athletic type sage.

Signature 

Posted: 29 October 2008 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-27

I missed this note below of yours! So you were in Germany? Your dad was military? I taught in Orleans France ‘63-‘64 at a military base (military brats!). Was that what you were?
Yes, Vietnam was the final death knell of such a beautiful generation! There is just so much to talk about, isn’t there? Do you have little ones? Break the people and you’ve got them by the balls! Or divide the people and you’ve got them by the balls! The Romans said, divide and conquer

I can only imagine! I’ll tell you one thing though.The Music which came out of that generation is incredible,and will never be duplicated.You know Socrates,I lived in Germany for about 3 years.Lots of times I wish I would have stayed there.Since I was 13-14,I was,and still am kind of,obsessed with the 60’s.The youth then almost had it.They almost changed it.But the gulf that existed between California and the East Coast was too large.The police repression and Vietnam sucked the life out of that potential cultural revolution.That’s my take in a nutshell.You lived it.I was born in 1970.I love history.

Posted: 29 October 2008 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-27

from you:
Yeah,it’s always been that way.It always will.That is one of the things that is “hard wired"into us.I am making my assertion from a book I read by Desmond Morris.Perhaps he’s dated,I don’t know,but it’s the way of the animal.Tribes,groups,leaders.Strong survive,weak fail.People will follow the strong brute every time,rather than the frail sage.Heck,in our times,even the large,athletic type sage.

Nothing always was, etc. - it is constantly changing. But you see what is happening in the Congo again? This has to stop! These people have to become modern. There are too many unbalanced countries in the world (or is it disparities?) and we (the Occidentals) are exploiting this to the hilt.
(What ever happened to Humanism?)

Posted: 01 November 2008 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Socrate’s pupil - 29 October 2008 12:31 PM

from you:

Nothing always was, etc. - it is constantly changing. But you see what is happening in the Congo again? This has to stop! These people have to become modern. There are too many unbalanced countries in the world (or is it disparities?) and we (the Occidentals) are exploiting this to the hilt.
(What ever happened to Humanism?)

What ever happened to Humanism?She grew hairy legs and armpits.She started eating natural food and driving Volvos.She started hugging trees and hanging around in monestaries.She cloistered herself in like-minded circles,until she was unreachable.
Humanism became a word that was anachronistic.She wrote so many books that her meaning could be interpreted by hippies,priests,cultists,proffesors and atheists.
Her two step-sisters egoism and capitalism mocked her and patronized her.They marketed her feelings and pigeon-holed her into a fringe,frumpy existence,in which she wasn’t allowed to speak,for fear of laughter,or rejection.
Humanism,that beautiful woman,who was capable of placing her gentle hand on the “souls"of every living being,was made to put her hands in her pockets.

Signature 

Posted: 05 November 2008 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
VYAZMA - 29 October 2008 08:20 AM
Socrate’s pupil - 28 October 2008 01:43 PM

Yes thats what I’m hoping for.With this election,Obama and the congress could have a real mandate for change.I don’t think we should change direction for awhile.We should go for changing things forever.This could be the time for a permanent “spectral"shift in party politics.It is a real opportunity to quash conservatisim.Many of the so-called low income to middle income right wing voters,the “god,guns,and gays"voters could be stolen back to the center/center-left quite easily.This could be done through careful popular administration,in conjunction with real net gains in economic prosperity.Appeasing their beliefs,but at the same time PROVING to them,that their beliefs don’t have to stand in their way of voting and participating in a party that is more geared to providing for the majority of the people.
I know that’s a big issue to tackle,but what are the alternatives?Once this is done,then we can see the the spectrum shift in party/people representation,and the dwindeling and dissolution of the republican party.Sounds far-fetched?No,it’s not.It happens all the time throughout history both nationaly and internationaly.

More about changing the conservative electorate.

Signature 

1 of 2