2 of 2
My username was deleted and all my posts were scrubbed
Posted: 25 November 2008 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

I have a good memory for the posters, and I’m fairly sure that drkoepsell never posted since I first logged on over two years ago.  I’m guessing that during the switchover from the old software that had many bugs in it, to the new software that has an entirely different set of bugs, some of the inactive accounts were lost. 

Occam

Posted: 25 November 2008 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-11-18

That’s simply not true.  I posted in discussion as early as 2008, here are some threads where I posted as drkoepsell (which was my only username ever) and where my posts are now gone:

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/3600/

(Where Zarcus even comments on my comment which is now gone)

and here: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/2735/

where lots of comments on my comments remain, but my original arguments are now gone.

Of course, by my count, both of these threads are less than 2 years old.  So maybe you just weren’t impressed by my comments, but I made them and did so since the switch-over.  Sorry I slipped your mind.

[ Edited: 26 November 2008 02:21 AM by drkoepsell ]

Posted: 25 November 2008 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-18

I also commented in this thread as late as March 2008:

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/3726/

You can see that where someone quotes me, there’s still evidence of my having posted, but the post itself is gone, as is every single one of my posts made before…

[ Edited: 26 November 2008 05:49 AM by drkoepsell ]

Posted: 26 November 2008 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Ah, I see the problem, drkoepsell.  Since I’m on dial-up, I can’t participate in the podcasts so I never go to that forum, and it seems to be the main one you used.  That probably explains why I never saw your screen name.

Occam

Posted: 02 December 2008 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-18

Occam, that must be it….
CFI is looking into what happened.  I should know soon.

best,
David

Posted: 13 December 2008 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-18

Well so much for empirical study.  Apparently, after some inquiry, no one seems to know (or admit to knowing) how my username and all my postings got deleted, even though it appears to be a singular event, unprecedented, and capable of happening only through the actions of a very few.  I really hope no one else sees their debates, opinions, input, and advice suddenly all disappear like this, it leaves several holes in some otherwise useful discussions on these boards.

2 of 2