It’s the Adam Sandler Hanukkah song, but for atheists
Posted: 03 December 2008 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

A little holiday laughter.

“If you can’t stand Adam Sandler’s Hanukkah song, don’t listen to this.”

The Atheist Holiday Song

However, if you think Adam Sandler’s Hanukkah song is really funny, you will laugh at this remake of it done especially for atheists! It’s gets funnier and funnier as it plays. The kid’s pretty funny. The singing is purposefully off key and silly.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 11 December 2008 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-12-01

Hi,  I enjoyed the song.

I wonder is there a risk that one day Atheists could become just as crazy as the Creationist.

Is the middle ground of Agnosticism the safest place for all of us to be and the best place to start skeptical inquiry?

Posted: 11 December 2008 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Oh, I am not sure about that answer. I was just having a bit of fun with posting the song. I thought it was clever and silly, when parodied against the “original” song by comedian Adam Sandler.

I think all people have the capability of being nutters, religion (or atheism) aside. I think humanism is a positive focus and force for good and I wish more people would become involved. I also believe all people should adhere to positive morality in their day-to-day lives whether they are atheist, agnostic, or religious. (I’m surprised at the number of “religous” people who aren’t moral at all, despite what they supposedly believe.)

I am personally agnostic - it’s just the way I am. My husband is a straight-out atheist, and seems to think that some day I will “come around” and “admit” to being an atheist, but it doesn’t feel right to me. I trust my own feelings on this, and I am comfortable and true to myself being agnostic.

I suppose I haven’t explored the psychological differences, if any, between agnostics and atheists, in order to be able to truly answer your question.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor