2 of 2
Former clergy onboard
Posted: 02 July 2006 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2006-03-29

Howdy David,

Spirituality for me is the universe beyond the material, the spacial and the comprehensible. It is larger than the realm of religion, science, physics astonomy or cosmology. Larger than all forms of consciousness combined.

It is not God, I take it on faith it is God created, and I am humbled by it.

It gives me comfort to know it’s there and I believe once expired from the flesh I will have more knowledge of it (maybe sooner smile ).

I have seen over the years how the human experience is interpreted by many… many different ways. I have seen how easy it would be for us to gauge our surroundings and formulate incorrectly the ulimate reality based on what we see, hear and feel. Spirituality invites us to see bigger and more completely what is possible without applied limitations. The next great step in our evolution, if you will it.

Peace.

Signature 

The sound made of a tree falling when no one is there….. is Thought Adjusted.

Posted: 02 July 2006 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-02-23

Good job ignoring the inquisition David. No one in this community who is not a moderator or the administrator has any business inquiring into the background or bio of any other.
And
Coyote San

If you get TB should your doctor treat your illness with streptomycin the drug that works well on the original TB bacteria?

Should your Dr use the new antibiotics designed to treat TB caused by the evolved TB bacteria that the original drug no longer kills?
Or did God design the new bacteria?
Jim

Signature 

Jimmie Keyes
Tavernier, FL
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/1/
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK Jr.)

Posted: 03 July 2006 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-29

Howdy Jimmiek eyes
You wrote “Or did God design the new bacteria?”

Now we’re having fun :twisted: .
Let’s take it one step further and you go to your Dr for old age and insist on a cure.
The Dr might toss you out of the office strapped to a straight jacket. Or if your Dr is perhaps more sympathetic he or she might take the time to explain how futile it would be for you to live for several hundred years, a mean, miserable and unhappy old man.
The Dr. may even recommend euthanasia for you. And since you will be nothing or go nowhere at death what have you got to lose.

Peace.

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2006 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-02-23

What Fun,
You change the subject,  if you answer the question I asked we might have a conversation.

Which would you like your Dr to use? Or like most great politicians will you duck again?

Do you welcome death? If you do where do you expect to be? In heaven sitting at the foot of the godhead eternally adoring it? In some new world where humans suddenly are all wonderful to each other?

I had a law partner who died at the age of 96, he had walked around with a rosary in his pocket for 30 -40 years before he died praying every day for hours and hours. Where is he now? He surely is in heaven. What is that place like?
Describe it for me.
Jim

Signature 

Jimmie Keyes
Tavernier, FL
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/1/
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK Jr.)

Posted: 03 July 2006 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-29

Where do you think he is?

Maybe what you should really be asking yourself is…Who is Jimmie Keyes and where would he be without his anger?

:twisted: Peace

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2006 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

Is there actually any argument you are making here, CoyoteSon?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 04 July 2006 03:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-29

I make no argument. The loss of our loved ones in the material plane is a very delicate issue. I know from experience just how painful.

When attempting to rationalize and digest our existance and meaning there of, it’s a comfort to be able to have an outlet for our thoughts and feelings through sites such as this one.

Surely you can agree with that.

Peace.

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2006 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

[quote author=“CoyoteSon”]I make no argument. The loss of our loved ones in the material plane is a very delicate issue. I know from experience just how painful.

When attempting to rationalize and digest our existance and meaning there of, it’s a comfort to be able to have an outlet for our thoughts and feelings through sites such as this one.

Surely you can agree with that.

Loss of loved ones is a difficult and painful issue for all of us, CoyoteSon. And certainly on a human level I can understand rationalizations that people wish to provide themselves about future lives, and so on.

But we must strive to distinguish what can be established with reason and evidence, from what we wish to be the case.

My best wishes to you.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 04 July 2006 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-04-27

srsrly, coyoteson.

Srsly.

You remind me of the two roommates I just kicked out of my house.

Signature 

Our love of what is beautiful does not lead to extravagance; our love of things of the mind does not make us soft.—Thucydides, Book II

2 of 2