2 of 2
CFI Blog
Posted: 19 December 2008 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Alan Zoppa - 19 December 2008 09:46 AM

FYI: Commenters are now tied to their identities. Anyone whose name is not rendered as a link is a guest. Sorry for the hassle, George.

Thank you, Alan. I am switching back to being George.

Posted: 19 December 2008 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Chris, the problem may have been that the blog listed the most recent post at the top rather than the bottom as is done here.  I had the same concern until I found it by accident at the the top.  I e-mailed them suggesting they switch their listing positions.

Yeah, I saw that post, George, but it just wasn’t you, so I figured that it was someone not on the forum.  smile

Occam

Posted: 15 July 2009 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-07-14

I wonder if anyone here would have suggestions for improving the CFI blog?

Signature 

Hi, I’m executive director of the Center for Inquiry in New York City.

Posted: 16 July 2009 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15401
Joined  2006-02-14

Sure. Do away with it. There shouldn’t be a corporate CFI blog, but instead there should be individual blogs for individual CFI bloggers. Each blog should have a title, a logo and a general theme, chosen to highlight what each blogger brings to the table.

Bloggers should be encouraged to write short, frequent posts in lieu of longer, more essay-like posts.

Other ideas?  grin

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 16 July 2009 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-14

These respective blogs would still be hosted on the CFI page, Douglass? Just as separate, distinctive blogs?

Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2009 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Michael De Dora Jr. - 16 July 2009 11:16 AM

These respective blogs would still be hosted on the CFI page, Douglass? Just as separate, distinctive blogs?

Yeah, there’d be an icon for each blog, hopefully with a snapshot of the blogger, and perhaps the most recent post or two. You click on the icon and are taken to the blogger’s separate blog homepage.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 16 July 2009 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-14

I like that idea.

Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2009 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  4097
Joined  2006-11-28

I’d agree with Doug’s suggestions except as regards the length of posts. I don’t think they need all be short, “newsy” entries. I happen to like the essay format, and a well-formulated, researched case made on a particular subject is a useful resource to those of us routinely having to defend the secular, rationalist, and scientific points of view.

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 16 July 2009 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
mckenzievmd - 16 July 2009 12:43 PM

I’d agree with Doug’s suggestions except as regards the length of posts. I don’t think they need all be short, “newsy” entries. I happen to like the essay format, and a well-formulated, researched case made on a particular subject is a useful resource to those of us routinely having to defend the secular, rationalist, and scientific points of view.

I don’t think it should be either/or, and sometimes there’s room for a longer essay in a blog entry. But if you look at the most popular blogs, they are pretty much universally short-form entries. My concern is that many bloggers think of the medium as being like writing a newspaper or magazine column. While a blog can look journalistic at times, it’s a different literary form than a magazine column—shorter, more easily digestible, with links to more detailed information for those who want to drill down.

It should also have a clear point of view; it should be opinionated and personal. That’s why I don’t think that corporate blogs work.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 16 July 2009 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Although I like the idea of limiting post lengths, I found the blog far less interesting than this forum so I no longer even bother going to it.

Occam

2 of 2