3 of 3
Error Message 404
Posted: 09 January 2009 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4108
Joined  2006-11-28

Maybe if every third letter is taken out of the offending posts, they spell “CFI Sucks” or something? Do I have to worry about the Men in Black kicking in my door here? grin

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 09 January 2009 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

We’ve had members post profanity without the program censoring it.  It still sounds like a glitch to me.

Of course, if everyone followed my example of keeping their posts short there would be far less problem.  LOL

Occam

Posted: 09 January 2009 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
Occam - 09 January 2009 12:22 PM

We’ve had members post profanity without the program censoring it.  It still sounds like a glitch to me.

It is a glitch, but not with the program software. It does not involve profanity.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 09 January 2009 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Quote Doug:

It appears the problem isn’t with the software but with some sort of overzealous security feature at our server or hosting site, which may be rejecting certain character strings

From this I assumed the server or host software, not the forum software, had the glitch, and if it were rejecting character strings, that sounded like censoring.  Since left leaning politics and atheistic posts hadn’t been rejected, I guessed that profanity may be what it was looking for.

Occam

Posted: 15 January 2009 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

OK, it looks like the problem may be solved. Please note here if you’re still getting 404 Errors that appear to be dependent upon character strings within the material you try to post.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

3 of 3