Need for secular lobby
Posted: 23 March 2006 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2006-03-19

I am uncomfortable with the idea of joining a church with a minister, even if it preaches secular humanism, yet we need representation. We need to raise awareness. We need to scare people, like the hell-fire preaching pastors. We need to let non-religious people know what they can do to stop the disturbing trends.

We are surrounded by secular ‘theologians’, but do we also have the secular ‘missionaries’? Do we have individuals who can also rock the pulpit in a language that people feel and understand? We need this. We need them to meet in schools, convincing impressionable students looking to form their own identity apart from their parents’. We need to be there to give them a rational ‘mythology’ to help them understand life’s difficulties.

Christian group leaders meet together to prepare agendas to get what they want done. When needed, they can mobilize their congregations. Can this happen among us and like-minded individuals? Is this no longer possible when we get too knowledgable? Would we all just find it silly?

Posted: 23 March 2006 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2006-03-19

Need for secular lobby

I am uncomfortable with the idea of joining a church with a minister, even if it preaches secular humanism, yet we need representation. We need to raise awareness. We need to scare people, like the hell-fire preaching pastors. We need to let non-religious people know what they can do to stop the disturbing trends.

We are surrounded by secular ‘theologians’, but do we also have the secular ‘missionaries’? Do we have individuals who can also rock the pulpit in a language that people feel and understand? We need this. We need them to meet in schools, convincing impressionable students looking to form their own identity apart from their parents’. We need to be there to give them a rational ‘mythology’ to help them understand life’s difficulties.

Christian group leaders meet together to prepare agendas to get what they want done. When needed, they can mobilize their congregations. Can this happen among us and like-minded individuals? Is this no longer possible when we get too knowledgable? Would we all just find it silly?

Posted: 24 March 2006 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2005-06-28

I like this idea.  Currently I am working with people who think their life bad and have them see the good things in their lifel.  So instead of a church influencing them, I influence them atheistic ideals.

Signature 

Fighting the evil belief that there is a god(s).

Posted: 07 April 2006 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2005-06-28

Are system is more democratic than the theist idea of god being the head hancho.  So for freethinkers to get anything done we have to unite ourselfs and agree on what to do.  Right now we are pretty much tolerant of anything, but people putting religion on us.

Signature 

Fighting the evil belief that there is a god(s).