The monstrous regiment of women?
Posted: 22 January 2009 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

I wasn’t sure if I was going to laugh or cry…

The monstrous regiment of women

The lies! The woman who claimed, on film, that she worked for a family planning group that purposefully provided sex education in schools to encourage teenagers to become pregnant - in order to make money on abortions - She should be found and… I don’t know…. sued or jailed or strung up. How could she lie like that? Liar! LIAR!

“The lies fly thick and fast. I’m particularly disgusted with the one interviewee who claims that, as a former representative of family planning education, she would go into schools and increase the teen pregnancy rate so that the girls would have 3-5 abortions between the ages of 13 and 18, and that this was the goal of her agency.”

Oh, and people who only have one child? They are selfish, selfish women. They use Hillary Clinton as a specific example. And people who use birth control in order to only have a few or a couple of children ‘HATE CHILDREN’ - if they didn’t hate them, they’d be welcoming every blessing that God provided them with.

AGHGHGGHGHGH!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 23 January 2009 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

Shit, I thought this post was going to be about the income inequality between men and women, or sexist role between pink collar jobs and blue and white collar jobs.

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 23 January 2009 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2007-08-26
truthaddict - 23 January 2009 08:10 AM

Shit, I thought this post was going to be about the income inequality between men and women, or sexist role between pink collar jobs and blue and white collar jobs.

I was expecting something about the legendary Amazons of Greek mythology.

Signature 

—————————————————
http://www.StephenJGallagher.com
http://StephenJGallagher.blogspot.com

Posted: 23 January 2009 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16
steveg144 - 23 January 2009 02:23 PM
truthaddict - 23 January 2009 08:10 AM

I was expecting something about the legendary Amazons of Greek mythology.

Great googely moogely!

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 23 January 2009 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I would have much rather the film been about the Amazon women! Those women were strong.  wink

Instead this horrible video - made by a crazy woman who apparently had (and still has) a lot of influence over the crazy christian masses - tries to tell us that women are good for nothing but birthing dozens of babies in the “quiverfull movement” and answering only to their husband and god. Any woman who uses birth control or gets a job is pretty much going to hell. To think this woman has been influencing politics through the Eagle Forum!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 23 January 2009 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7573
Joined  2007-03-02

That was all just rediculous.  And that one child selfishness crap… My mother had one child, me, and was a homemaker most of the time I was young.  She didn’t go back to work until I was 12 or 13.  She was hardly selfish in that respect.  In reality, she did want another child, but it was my bio-father who didn’t want anymore.  This was all in the late 60s and 70s too.  So, obviously these people do NOT know what they are talking about and are blaming the woman.  Truth is, it has never been JUST the woman in ALL cases and to think so is just plain rediculous.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 24 January 2009 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I have only one child. We are planning one more but are taking our time and are now worried about job security in this economy - there have been lots of layoffs at both of our companies.

Now these women in the video who suggest I should just quit my job and pop out dozens of babies - sure! As soon as they send me a check for the millions of dollars I’ll need to feed and house them all, and college tuition for all of them, I’ll get right on that! I love babies, I’ll have many! I’ll be keeping an eye out in my mailbox for that check.

Of course, I have a feeling those women in the video only want CHRISTIAN women to stay home and have dozens of children. I’m sure they’d panic if atheists started having dozens of children.

One thing I don’t get is the christians always say “god will provide” for the large family and “god won’t give you more children than you can handle.” Can they please explain to the good christian women in the inner city housing projects or out in rural America (and other countries) who are destitute and starving with a dozen children, why god has NOT provided for them? Did they do something wrong? Did they not pray hard enough? How come they don’t get a reality show on TLC and a huge income and donated corporate gifts? Or at least a lottery win to help all those starving christian children? It seems god only helps photogenic white christian children from large families.

Signature 

Posted: 24 January 2009 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-01-24

The world is over populated.  Isn’t it more selfish to have lots of kids and hog all the resources?  We’ll run out of fresh water before we run out of land.  Maybe if those women that stayed home to have lots of kids would invest a bit more in education, they might know that.

Signature 

“knowledge is power”

Posted: 25 January 2009 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-06-03
veriia - 24 January 2009 08:42 PM

The world is over populated.  Isn’t it more selfish to have lots of kids and hog all the resources?  We’ll run out of fresh water before we run out of land.  Maybe if those women that stayed home to have lots of kids would invest a bit more in education, they might know that.

Sadly, I read that when a preacher in Utah started a movement to encourage all the townsfolk to adhere to the “quiverfull movement” his motivation in his sermon (and his pitch to the town) was that white christians need to have more children than arabs. Islamic people are breeding at such a high rate they will take over the world and good white christians need to fight back. He hinted at a future religious war and not enough christian soldiers. The town agreed, because they passed some sort of resolution saying they town recognizes the “traditional quiverfull family” of a working father, a stay at home mother, and as many children as god will bless them with.

The quiverfull thing is going to kill women. Not only are they not allowed to use birth control, but they must purposefully try to conceive as many children as possible because it’s what god wants. It’s worse than catholics, who are still allowed to at least try the rhythm method of birth control, or abstinence. To quiverfull adherents, abstinence in marriage or avoiding sex during ovulation is a horrible sin. It’s a wonder these women don’t all get prolapsed uterus, like the old brood mares back on the farm…

Signature 

Posted: 25 January 2009 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2008-03-09
veriia - 24 January 2009 08:42 PM

So true - so sadly true.

Posted: 25 January 2009 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2008-03-09
Jules - 25 January 2009 10:05 AM

The quiverfull thing is going to kill women.

Unless you’re built like Michelle Dugger. 18 kids and counting. The Duggers’ oldest son is now married and plans to continue the family tradition. Yikes!

Posted: 25 January 2009 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-01-24

I worked with a technician that was horrible at his job.  It took the company a long time to get rid of him out of pity.  He had 13 children of which he delivered most.  His wife stayed home and with the help of the older children, they took care of the younger ones.  You might have guessed that they were very religious.  Even with his wife’s uterus showing signs of degeneration, they kept having children because that is what they thought god wanted.  They lived on the support of the church, government, and charity.  All I kept thinking is that he’s adding fundamentalist to the world.  Is it wrong of me that I didn’t even see them as children? ...probably.  Those people are a threat to humanity, in my opinion, and a drain on society.  When someone is already that twisted, is it hard to convince them that god wants them to kill non believers…probably not.  Is it hard to convince them of anything if the speaker is a preacher…probably not.  In this country, you can be a preacher and get a way with rape, incest, abuse, and even telling people things that would lead them to terrorist acts…though they don’t call it terrorism if preachers support it.  They call it the will of god.

Signature 

“knowledge is power”

Posted: 28 January 2009 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2008-12-11

You want weird?  Forget those sexist anti-choicers, they’re old school . . . try the anti-choicers who call themselves feminists: http://www.feministsforlife.org

Daniel Radosh’s “Rapture Ready,” a profile of Christian pop culture, chronicles the misery of women who’ve chosen submission to Christian patriarchy.  Radosh does so with humor and respect (unlike Lauren Sandler’s book “Righteous,” which stabs its evangelical subjects in the back after interviewing them).  If any CFI Forum member wants a free copy of “Rapture Ready,” e-mail me.

rapture-ready-050908.jpg

Posted: 04 February 2009 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28
Jules - 22 January 2009 05:05 PM

I wasn’t sure if I was going to laugh or cry…

The monstrous regiment of women

The lies! The woman who claimed, on film, that she worked for a family planning group that purposefully provided sex education in schools to encourage teenagers to become pregnant - in order to make money on abortions - She should be found and… I don’t know…. sued or jailed or strung up. How could she lie like that? Liar! LIAR!

“The lies fly thick and fast. I’m particularly disgusted with the one interviewee who claims that, as a former representative of family planning education, she would go into schools and increase the teen pregnancy rate so that the girls would have 3-5 abortions between the ages of 13 and 18, and that this was the goal of her agency.”

Oh, and people who only have one child? They are selfish, selfish women. They use Hillary Clinton as a specific example. And people who use birth control in order to only have a few or a couple of children ‘HATE CHILDREN’ - if they didn’t hate them, they’d be welcoming every blessing that God provided them with.

AGHGHGGHGHGH!

as opposed to people who deliver octuplets after already having 6 children with no husband and no visible means of support?

Posted: 26 February 2009 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-02-20

Not too long ago I checked out a few quiverful sites and it was a real fight to keep my granola down.  This one pack of screwballs had written “We believe god is the best birth control and we are willing accept as many or as few children as he gives us”.  Shit, these women are having children like sows in a stable. 

When I was still a catholic, I got into a snit with the priest; artificial vs natural birth control.  I told him that articial birth control separates the cells in space, while natural birth control separates them in time.  So what is the big difference?  He looked at me like he had just taken a mouthful of shit, and if looks could kill I would have been carried out. 

I thank whatever gods may be that my kind doesn’t make babies.

Signature 

“I need no warrant for being and no word of sanction upon my being.  I am the warrant and the sanction”

Ayn Rand