Founder of an Islamic television beheads his wife
Posted: 17 February 2009 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29

The founder of an Islamic television station in upstate New York aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has confessed to beheading his wife.

See HERE.

Kind of makes you recall Ted Haggard preaching against homosexuality, doesn’t it?

Posted: 17 February 2009 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1995
Joined  2008-09-18

Yep, this one is full of irony. Why oh why did he have to decapitate her? Why couldn’t he have killed her like an American: with a gun? Or strangling—that’s a much more American way for a man to kill a woman. If he’d just strangled her and thrown her naked body in the river, nobody would have cared. But this, this is sick!

Posted: 19 February 2009 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7661
Joined  2008-04-11

Well, I think he has made great strides in fighting the negative stereotypes held about muslims (read: irony and sarcasm!) sick

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 February 2009 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2007-10-22

Well, I think he has made great strides in fighting the negative stereotypes held about muslims (read: irony and sarcasm!)

The local Iman who attended at her funeral, gave a strong message that this act was not a result of Islam.  Nazim Mangera stated ” Beheading has more to do with the country and culture of origin [than religion]. It has nothing to do with Islam, We abhor domestic violence, and we caregorically denounce it in all forms.”  The Orchard Park Police Chief, Andrew Benz, stated “The people I talked to have said killing your wife or beheading anyone is not condoned in the Islamic faith.  I Haven’t found anyone to say it’s aleight to do that under any circunstance. ” Buffalo News 02-18-2009

Besides this, here in Buffalo, we have a few other cases:

1.) of the very beautiful, 21 yr old druggie hooker, whose naked body was found stuffed in a tote in a Catholic Church parking lot, accross the strret from one of her boyfriends house, Ma is claiming murder, but the autopsy shows drug overdose as cause of death and no signs of violence.  The young thing is to good looking & innocent to have OD’d appaently, however the DA office doesn’t appear to be buying Ma’s story.
2.) The Republican candidate for mayor of Corfu,a small town in the area, who beat his business parrtner to death.  They were both guards at on of the local prisions.

Oh, yeah,  had a plane crash too. 

The obituary page of the paper is a bit full, this week.

Gary

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 22 February 2009 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-02-22

I’m not at all convinced that Islam has nothing to do with this. Islam does a lot to set back modernization and progression in social values in the Middle East, and the Koran explicitly places women in the category of second class citizens intended to be subservient to their husbands, just like the Bible. The Koran serves as sacred support for the attitudes of misogyny and sexual restraint in the Islamic countries, at the very least.

Posted: 22 February 2009 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  699
Joined  2008-10-26

I lived in Buffalo for a while and I am convinced there is something in the water…..........

About The Killer:
“Muzzammil Hassan came to America from Pakistan 25 years ago. He became a successful banker in Buffalo, New York, near the famed Niagara Falls.  While he and his wife were happy to be in the United States, they were upset by the negative perceptions of Muslims, and particularly how this perception might affect their children.  That is how they came up with the idea of Bridges TV. Mr. Hassan’s wife challenged him to start it.  ‘I had no background in television. I didn’t know anything about TV. Her comment was, ‘you have an M.B.A. (masters degree in business) why don’t you write a business plan?’

“And so he did. He quit his job at the bank and for the next two to three years worked almost non-stop in developing an English language television network that offers news and entertainment for Muslims.  Mr. Hassan hopes Bridges TV lives up to its name by uniting American Muslims and by helping non-Muslims overcome the negative images they may have of both Muslims and Islam.”

Relevant Statutes of Pakistan for Marriage, Divorce, Custody and Maintenance:
http://www.tahseenbutt.com/divorce_lawyers_pakistan.html

From: Women Against Shariah  http://womenagainstshariah.blogspot.com/

“The shariah code mandates the complete authority of men over women, including the control of their movement, education, marital options, clothing, bodies, place of residence and all other aspects of their existence. Further, it calls for the beating, punishment, and murder of women who don’t comply with shariah requirements.”

“The fierce and gruesome nature of this murder signals it’s an honor killing,” said Dr. Phyllis Chesler, an author and professor of psychology at the Richmond College of the City University of New York. “What she did was worthy of capital punishment in his eyes.”

“http://westernexperience.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/experts-now-concluding-that-muslim-womens-beheading-was-honor-killing/
Following multiple episodes of domestic violence, Aasiya Hassan filed for divorce on Feb. 6 and obtained an order of protection that barred her husband from their home, according to attorney Elizabeth DiPirro, whose law firm, Hogan Willig, represented Aasiya Hassan in the divorce proceeding.

“Chesler, who wrote “Are Honor Killings Simply Domestic Violence?” for Middle East Quarterly, said some Muslim men consider divorce a dishonor on their family.

“This is not permitted in their culture,” said Chesler, whose study analyzed more than 50 reports of honor killings in North America and Europe. “This is, from a cultural point of view, an honor killing.”

“Chesler said honor killings typically are Muslim-on-Muslim crimes and largely involve teenage daughters, young women and, to a lesser extent, wives.

“But Chesler said the “extremely gruesome nature” of the crime closely matches the characteristics of an honor killing.

“‘Leaving the body parts displayed the way he did, like a terrorist would do, that’s very peculiar, it’s very public,’ Chesler said. ‘He wanted to show that even though his business venture may have been failing, that he was in control of his wife.’”

[ Edited: 22 February 2009 08:08 PM by Fat Man ]