2 of 2
Slice of Sci-Fi— maybe email campaign?
Posted: 07 March 2007 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14

I used to watch that, too, but I only had about a 50% track record of guessing the right answer (blind chance, in other words).  The trouble was that the writers had too much license to fictionalize!  wink

Posted: 17 September 2007 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2007-09-16

Yep!  Lotsa the rednecks that I grew up with and work with, who would have been the first to laugh that stuff off years ago—even back when Ghostbusters first hit the screen—are spending what should go to make their alimony or child support payments buying EMF meters, Infra-red scopes and cameras, digital recorders, etc. all with the presumption that there are ghosts out there who are “just dying” to have their pictures taken with someone from Macclenny, Florida.

Many of these guys have served in the military during Desert Storm, so I know they’ve had some experience with low-light-sensative equipment, and infra-red imaging technology.  I can only assume that since people have died everywhere that people have lived on this planet, there must be as much of a chance for ghosts and demons to be dwelling out in the wilds of the Near East as in upstate New York.  (In fact Jesus is credited with having said that demons dwell in dry, desolate places).  So I guess all the paranormal photos of Saddam Hussein’s apparition giving U.S. troops the finger should be on their way to us soon—I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

Posted: 07 January 2008 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14

A lot worse than “Ghost Hunters” is a new show on the A&E;channel called “Paranormal State”.  These guys (and girls) do claim to be “scientists”, but they don’t even show the bare minium skepticism that the Ghost Hunters do.  They are True Believers.  Whatever the client tells them, they swallow whole.  Then they sit around like a bunch of kids having a seance.  Their “investigation” is just laughable, except that all know that there are gullible people who just eat this stuff up.

2 of 2

About the "New Age"... ››