Want to start a new chapter.
Posted: 10 March 2009 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-12-29

I am an avid atheist/secularist. I love to learn, talk, discuss and debate religion. I post at many forums some of then theist some atheist. I am the atheist mod at themuslimzone.com
Today this happened to me.

So there is a club on campus, the Campus Crusaders for Christ. Guess what, they are Christians. They meet every Tuesday. This Tuesday a fellow atheist female friend of mine and me when to there meeting. She went for two reason, one because I needed moral support and two, because she knows little about Christian theology. I went for three main reason, one because I was invited, two I want to invite them to TMZ, the hub, and RDF, and finally because I like to discuss and debate religion. So they started out with a pray and I held back the urge to shout out “or *list of gods that pooped up in my head,*” there was a leader from the organization, it is a world wide group, He started out by describing finding a complex sand castle and asserting it happened by chance. I jumped and explained this is not what science with evolutionary biology in mind sets out to do. I explained the accumulation of small changes and natural selection. Then he did that watch argument and I replied again, he said we were getting side tracked and asked if we could move on for now and do that out side of class, so respectfully I let the meeting get under ways. They then handed out a booklet which we all read through and discussed. They made a point in the booklet my friend and I asked a question which was addressed on the next page. I was complimented on my understanding of there theology but told i fail to understand God. I left with more question then I wanted to ask and less answers that I had hoped to get. At least I got two free books out of it. One is an argument for God/faith the other a novel where they protagonist questions God. I can no turn down a free book. lol. They invited me back.
Melony if you ever read this thank you so much for going with me.
Anyways it has been suggested to me that I start a chapter and I want to.

Peace
Mick

Posted: 11 March 2009 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

That sounds very interesting, Mick. Thanks for sharing!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 11 March 2009 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-29

I have teachers/advisers, students/members. a room, the paper work to be recognized by the school, and some info about CFI-on campus. I need more info.

Posted: 11 March 2009 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Vaz The Spaz Godzilla - 11 March 2009 12:08 PM

I have teachers/advisers, students/members. a room, the paper work to be recognized by the school, and some info about CFI-on campus. I need more info.

I take it you’ve contacted CFI On Campus about this? What info do you need?

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 11 March 2009 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-29

Yes I have. I do not know what I need to know since I do not know what I could know. So in other words all of it.

Posted: 11 March 2009 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Vaz The Spaz Godzilla - 11 March 2009 01:28 PM

Yes I have. I do not know what I need to know since I do not know what I could know. So in other words all of it.

question

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 11 March 2009 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-29

Tell me anything and everything.

Posted: 11 March 2009 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Vaz The Spaz Godzilla - 11 March 2009 02:21 PM

Tell me anything and everything.

For that there’s Google and Wikipedia.

LOL

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 11 March 2009 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-29

I need info about having my group affilated with CFI-on campus. How to do this. What it means. How will it change my group. What we will do together etc.

Posted: 11 March 2009 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Vaz The Spaz Godzilla - 11 March 2009 05:38 PM

I need info about having my group affilated with CFI-on campus. How to do this. What it means. How will it change my group. What we will do together etc.

I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but for that you really need to talk with the folks at CFI On Campus. They can answer your questions.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/oncampus/

If for some reason you’re having trouble getting through to someone, let me know and I’ll see what I can do. But I expect you should have no problem.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 11 March 2009 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-29

I got the original Email I got when I joined them last night. I sent an email, called twice, and left one voice mail today. Nothing from them today. I am having an unofficial meeting tomorrow to set things up with some of the members, was hoping to have some more info from them by then to share with my members.

What should I talk about tomorrow? What should I say about the group?

Posted: 12 March 2009 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

People are busy; I’d certainly give them a few days to get back to you.

Others around here may have better ideas than I do, but I’d say chat about why you started the group, what your interests are in the subject, and ask others to do the same.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 12 March 2009 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-29

So i do the whole intro thing and guess why every one came. They came for me. lol We are going with the name Society for Freethought.