Funny New Prayer Service
Posted: 19 March 2009 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

I got a kick out of this: We’ll pray for you.

“Information Age Prayer” For $3.95 a month they run your prayer through a voice synthesizer daily, thereby doing your daily prayer for you. It’s not a joke, the PayPal payments will really charge your credit card.

I’m telling you, if only I could get rid of my damned morals. I’d come up with a scam like these ‘godly’ people! LOL

P.S. I love at the bottom of the article, someone suggests inventing an “Auto-Blasphemer service.”  cheese

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 19 March 2009 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
Jules - 19 March 2009 03:30 PM

I got a kick out of this: We’ll pray for you.

“Information Age Prayer” For $3.95 a month they run your prayer through a voice synthesizer daily, thereby doing your daily prayer for you. It’s not a joke, the PayPal payments will really charge your credit card.

I’m telling you, if only I could get rid of my damned morals. I’d come up with a scam like these ‘godly’ people! LOL

P.S. I love at the bottom of the article, someone suggests inventing an “Auto-Blasphemer service.”  cheese

I….. just…... can’t…..think…....... of…...... anything…....... to add to this!! Just when you think you’ve heard of everything!!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 March 2009 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I guess it’s really easy for scumbags to make money!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 22 March 2009 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

So Jules, here’s what ‘cha do.  You set up shop in Massachusetts where there is an anti-blasphmey law.  Sell some service for people to blaspheme at the state house, those people are far from the reach of Mass. law.  You raise awareness of the obvious violation of the Establishment Clause in Massachusetts, a valuable service.  Maybe there will be charges levied, then you appeal it up to the Supreme Court to be overturned, doing the country and even greater service.  grin  You weren’t actually blaspheming anyway, other people said the words.  How does that suit your morals?

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 22 March 2009 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I love it! A prank in the name of overturning anti-blasphemy laws. It’s naughty enough to be fun, but not evil enough to make me feel guilty. What a funny idea.

Signature 

Posted: 22 March 2009 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7503
Joined  2007-03-02

Anyway to get money out of people.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 22 March 2009 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Jump_in_the_pit has a good idea, but he’s obviously no entrepeneur.  Rather, you set up business in Massechusetts, but with a sister company in Rhode Island.  The R.I. location advertises on a local radio station.  Now, people tell you what they want blasphemed against, and for a fee, your R.I. location reads the statement on that station and publishes it on the Internet.  They could even give the person credit such as:  “Mr. John Jones of Attleboro, as a law abiding citizen would never blaspheme and say that the mayor of that city should have all of his organs of pleasure forcably removed and he should be confined to hell for eternity.  However, as an organization outside the geography of Massechusetts, we do make that recommendation.”

Now, that’s how you make money. LOL

Occam

Posted: 22 March 2009 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Occam, you are too funny!

Signature