Hate Groups Updates
Posted: 23 April 2009 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  699
Joined  2008-10-26

Hate Groups Expand

SPLC (and Homeland Security) Report expansion of hate groups, particularly right-winged groups.  926 active groups identified.  Growth suggested to follow economic crisis, Obama election, illegal aliens.

Posted: 23 April 2009 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Joined  2008-10-26

White supremacist set to be executed for 1994 murder
ReligionNewsBlog.com • Item 23404 • Posted: Tuesday April 14, 2009

Convicted of shooting to death one of his followers:
A white supremacist convicted of shooting to death one of his followers after he failed to burn down a house in Athens is scheduled to be executed later this month.

William Mark Mize is to be put to death by injection on April 28 at 7 p.m., the state Attorney General’s Office said Monday. He would be the second person in Georgia to be executed this year.

Posted: 23 April 2009 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-10-26

Aryan Nations, a hate group run by white supremacists, returns to Idaho
ReligionNewsBlog.com • Item 23417 • Posted: Tuesday April 21, 2009

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/23417/aryan-nations-hate-group
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho – The Aryan Nations has returned to northern Idaho with what it is calling a “world headquarters” and a recruitment campaign.

Coeur d’Alene resident Jerald O’Brien, who has a large swastika tattoo on his scalp, is one of the leaders of the white supremacist group and said he expects membership to grow because of the election of President Barack Obama.

Racist recruiting effort disgusts CdA neighborhood
Many residents of a north Coeur d’Alene subdivision awoke Friday to find racist fliers on their lawns, distributed as recruitment letters by the white supremacist group, the Aryan Nations.

“I saw Aryan Nations and put it in the trash,” said Garvin Jones, who lives in the neighborhood southwest of Atlas Road and Prairie Avenue. “What’s wrong with these people? Give me a break. I bet if you went back in their family history, not one is 100 percent white.”

Posted: 23 April 2009 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3349
Joined  2007-11-21
Ecrasez l’infame! - 23 April 2009 08:00 AM

Hate Groups Expand

SPLC (and Homeland Security) Report expansion of hate groups, particularly right-winged groups.  926 active groups identified.  Growth suggested to follow economic crisis, Obama election, illegal aliens.

What role, exactly, does “Homeland Security” have with this report?  Are you talking about the United States Department of Homeland Security, making a personal judgment that homeland security is at issue while such hate groups exist and operate, or something somewhere in between?

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=1027

?

Posted: 23 April 2009 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-10-26
Bryan - 23 April 2009 09:46 AM

Hate Groups Expand

What role, exactly, does “Homeland Security” have with this report?  Are you talking about the United States Department of Homeland Security, making a personal judgment that homeland security is at issue while such hate groups exist and operate, or something somewhere in between?

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=1027

?

Yes.
It is simply curious that two groups that are most often considered at the opposite end of the political spectrum should be reporting that the same growth of hate groups is taking place and that both should warn of their threat.  Oh, the most controversial source of the right wing hate groups is the returning military from Iraq and Afghanistan.  No personal judgement!  Are you looking for an argument or what?

Posted: 23 April 2009 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  3349
Joined  2007-11-21
Ecrasez l’infame! - 23 April 2009 06:32 PM

It is simply curious that two groups that are most often considered at the opposite end of the political spectrum should be reporting that the same growth of hate groups is taking place and that both should warn of their threat.  Oh, the most controversial source of the right wing hate groups is the returning military from Iraq and Afghanistan.  No personal judgement!  Are you looking for an argument or what?

I had the initial impression that you might be saying that the DHS has something to do with the SPLC report.  It now seems clear that the reports were not produced cooperatively but rather that you were simply mentioning the SPLC report in light of the DHS report on rightwing extremist groups released last week.  I was looking for information along those lines, and though you didn’t answer directly in the manner I might have hoped, I think I have my answer.

Posted: 24 April 2009 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-04-11

Hate Groups Expand

You need to post source links.

Posted: 24 April 2009 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

This NRA KKK website is a mock one.  It leads to a web of other mock websites.

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.