1 of 3
Where have all the podcasts gone?
Posted: 25 April 2009 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-01-22

hello!

where have all the podcasts gone?  i know that there had been technical difficulties in connection with a hardware crash but since then there has been very little.  does anyone know what’s going on, and, more importantly, what WILL be going on?

not happy
cheese

Posted: 26 April 2009 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2220
Joined  2007-04-26

There was a post about this a while back and the answer as you already know was that there was a loss of data. That explains why there was a loss of episodes 2 months ago but where are all the new episodes? It does seem odd that there is no mention of this anywhere. I was wondering if the economic slump has affected CFI and perhaps caused them to cut back on scheduling. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 26 April 2009 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15403
Joined  2006-02-14

FWIW, I’m not sure either.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 29 April 2009 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2007-08-26

I’ve gotten nothing from iTunes since Niel DeGrasse Tyson. That was a month ago.

Signature 

—————————————————
http://www.StephenJGallagher.com
http://StephenJGallagher.blogspot.com

Posted: 30 April 2009 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
steveg144 - 29 April 2009 02:45 PM

I’ve gotten nothing from iTunes since Niel DeGrasse Tyson. That was a month ago.

My suggestion is to become a member of the center of inquiry and then ask Tom Flynn.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blog/is_atheism_becoming_cool/

Posted: 30 April 2009 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2007-08-26
Jackson - 30 April 2009 02:55 AM

My suggestion is to become a member of the center of inquiry and then ask Tom Flynn.

I’m already a member, and why would asking Tom Flynn in particular (as opposed to asking the people who are responsible for actually putting on the podcast) be a good idea?

Signature 

—————————————————
http://www.StephenJGallagher.com
http://StephenJGallagher.blogspot.com

Posted: 30 April 2009 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
steveg144 - 30 April 2009 05:19 AM
Jackson - 30 April 2009 02:55 AM

I’m already a member, and why would asking Tom Flynn in particular (as opposed to asking the people who are responsible for actually putting on the podcast) be a good idea?

I meant in addition to the logical ones you are suggesting—sorry—
—another alternative is to call them up and interact more directly—-

Posted: 01 May 2009 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-03-07

I agree.  POINT OF INQUIRY??  Would someone from POI provide some information “yea or nay” as to whether the podcasts will or will not continue??  We are big people and we can deal with negative information.  No information is disturbing to your loyal listeners.

Posted: 01 May 2009 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2007-12-09

D.J. Grothe has become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Signature 

Brad

Posted: 01 May 2009 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-05-01
Trail Rider - 01 May 2009 11:26 AM

D.J. Grothe has become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

God forbid ! ......er…...I mean…................

Posted: 01 May 2009 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  4850
Joined  2007-10-05

If DJ needs a new network admin, one who is smart enough to not erase the only backup drive before leaving for vacation, I officially volunteer my services.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 02 May 2009 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-22

i don’t get it:  “...joined church of latter day saints…”??  what do you mean.  anyway, this situation is almost enough to make me consider abandoning any further attempts to pursue the podcasts.  i don’t understand what’s happening; and the silence from “poi” seems to indicate that they don’t much care either.  pity. ... there were some good “listens”

mad

Posted: 02 May 2009 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2007-12-09
Aussie-Listener - 02 May 2009 03:45 AM

i don’t get it:  “...joined church of latter day saints…”??  what do you mean.  anyway, this situation is almost enough to make me consider abandoning any further attempts to pursue the podcasts.  i don’t understand what’s happening; and the silence from “poi” seems to indicate that they don’t much care either.  pity. ... there were some good “listens”

mad

The church I referred to is the Mormon church.  I was attempting to make a joke - the likelihood of D.J. becoming a Mormon is, for several reasons, rather low.

I was also trying to very subtly suggest that we have patience.  It is troubling that there is no answer to the queries, but after all, POI is free of charge and no one is entitled to a weekly installment.

On the other hand, I’m as curious as anyone, and wish we had more information.  We could write to CFI the old fashioned way with our queries - perhaps including a donation.  Or as one person has done above, actually offer to help with the program in some substantive way.

Signature 

Brad

Posted: 02 May 2009 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-22

thanks, brad.  yes, you make a good point regarding “free of charge”; and a good joke, too!

thanks for taking the time to respond…

Posted: 02 May 2009 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2006-08-28

I’ve been checking here on Fridays for new episodes, but nothing. Even an explanation is better than nothing.  oh oh

Signature 

Fiction is fun, but facts are fundamental.

Posted: 03 May 2009 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-02-02

I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up but ...
On D.J.‘s Facebook wall he posted, on 4/30, that new episodes might be available this weekend. Now that hasn’t happened but it does suggest that there is both effort and progress toward the desired goal.

1 of 3