8 of 9
Recommendations to resolve present social-economical, political and ecological situation in the world
Posted: 18 May 2009 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2009-04-23
asanta - 13 May 2009 05:18 PM

Even in a perfect Utopia, you would have a subset of people seeking to get high or drunk. It is hard wired in our brains, but most people will not seek to remain in that conditions. Humans are not the only species that does this, I once had a dog that would seek fermented plums in my back yard to get drunk. I have had birds get drunk on the pyracantha berries on my shrub, and once the ‘word is out’ the shrub is full of drunk birds, it is a hilarious sight. There are stories every fall of wild animals who become drunk on one fruit or another doing something out of character. The difference with humans is that we have the knowledge and tools to create our own mind altering drugs. Countries such as Saudi Arabia that bans alcohol, still have a significant population of alcoholics. You cannot prevent people from making their own, and unfortunately, this includes making it badly and causing wide death and disability.

There is a video called “Animals are Beautiful People” which demonstrates what your are saying exactly.  A bunch of animals get together every year in the desert and get drunk on fermented fruit juice.  Funny film LOL

SUM, you can determine what is logical and what is “good”, but I don’t care what you say, you are not going to get a big party together if there is no mind altering substances allowed.  “Good” or “bad” that is how it is.  I personally don’t think it is bad, everything in moderation!

[ Edited: 18 May 2009 04:24 PM by Chicken ]

Posted: 18 May 2009 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Total Posts:  7597
Joined  2007-03-02
Science Union movement - 18 May 2009 04:15 PM
Mriana - 13 May 2009 06:12 PM
Science Union movement - 13 May 2009 05:40 PM

Motorcycles are dangerous to ride. Our condolences for your uncle.

Thanks.  It’s been 26 years now.  It’s not so much the motorcyclists but the people in cars who don’t pay attention to what they are doing.  Motorcycles are fine if people pay attention and drive right- most people don’t though. My sons wanted a mo-ped but I told them not until they are over 18 and pay their own medical bills.

Cars are safer than motorcycles.

LOL  That maybe, but they are still dangerous.  They are only as safe as the skill and the attention the driver has.  If you are not paying attention, they you will probably be in an accident.  If you have little skill then the risk of accident is higher, thus why teens are in more accidents than those who have been driving longer.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 18 May 2009 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Mriana - 18 May 2009 09:16 PM

Thanks.  It’s been 26 years now.  It’s not so much the motorcyclists but the people in cars who don’t pay attention to what they are doing.  Motorcycles are fine if people pay attention and drive right- most people don’t though. My sons wanted a mo-ped but I told them not until they are over 18 and pay their own medical bills.

LOL  That maybe, but they are still dangerous.  They are only as safe as the skill and the attention the driver has.  If you are not paying attention, they you will probably be in an accident.  If you have little skill then the risk of accident is higher, thus why teens are in more accidents than those who have been driving longer.

You can kill more people in an out of control car than with a motorcycle. The absent minded motorcycle drive usually ends out only killing himself. The car driver can take a significant number of others with him…... the safety is relative.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 18 May 2009 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Yes, and that was one point I forgot to add.  Thanks asanta.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 19 May 2009 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2009-05-05
asanta - 18 May 2009 09:22 PM
Mriana - 18 May 2009 09:16 PM

You can kill more people in an out of control car than with a motorcycle. The absent minded motorcycle drive usually ends out only killing himself. The car driver can take a significant number of others with him…... the safety is relative.

Safety cushions are a must have in such situations!

Signature 

We are “Science Union” public-political movement from Russian Federation (http://www.nauchnii-soyuz.narod.ru, “narod” is people). We stand for the “United State of Earth” (“USE”) and support “Humanist Manifesto 2000” - to add to it -> http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/5817. In Russian our name sounds as “Nauchnii Soyuz”, (“soyuz” is union). Our symbol is “Sputnik-1” - the mankind’s first satellite in space (see our avatar). You are welcome to join!

Posted: 19 May 2009 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Even safety “cushions” are not fool proof.  I think you are actually talking about airbags though, not safety cushions.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 19 May 2009 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Mriana - 19 May 2009 05:09 PM

Even safety “cushions” are not fool proof.  I think you are actually talking about airbags though, not safety cushions.

I’m supposed to walk around all day and every day holding a flimsy ‘safety cushion’ to protect me from an out of control ton and a half piece of steel barreling into me at 35 mph??!! ROTFLMAO!!!! LOL THAT is the silliest thing I have heard in some time!!!!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 May 2009 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
Mriana - 19 May 2009 05:09 PM

Safety cushions is direct translation from Russian, means airbags of cause.

Signature 

We are “Science Union” public-political movement from Russian Federation (http://www.nauchnii-soyuz.narod.ru, “narod” is people). We stand for the “United State of Earth” (“USE”) and support “Humanist Manifesto 2000” - to add to it -> http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/5817. In Russian our name sounds as “Nauchnii Soyuz”, (“soyuz” is union). Our symbol is “Sputnik-1” - the mankind’s first satellite in space (see our avatar). You are welcome to join!

Posted: 20 May 2009 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Meanwhile, airbags kill short people.  There is documentation of this too.  Airbags serve no lifesaving purpose for those who chin practically rests on the steering wheel (those under 5’)

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 20 May 2009 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Mriana - 20 May 2009 05:38 PM

Meanwhile, airbags kill short people.  There is documentation of this too.  Airbags serve no lifesaving purpose for those who chin practically rests on the steering wheel (those under 5’)

You’re right on that one!!! big surprise

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2009 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

I’d better be.  I’m 4’ 11” and everything that pertains to little people I try to stay informed about.  Technically, I’m not a midget because my height is genetic- that is my mother was 4’ 11” years ago (shrunk a little now that she is 64 to 4’ 9”, my father was 5’ 3”, most of the women on my mother’s side are 5’ or shorter), so it’s not a gene that contributes to unusual shortness and alike.  Still, what goes for a primordial dwarf, other dwarfism, and those under 5’ something due to family traits, applies to me.  D/Cing the airbag on the car I drive is my big thing.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 20 May 2009 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Mriana - 20 May 2009 07:28 PM

I’d better be.  I’m 4’ 11” and everything that pertains to little people I try to stay informed about.  Technically, I’m not a midget because my height is genetic- that is my mother was 4’ 11” years ago (shrunk a little now that she is 64 to 4’ 9”, my father was 5’ 3”, most of the women on my mother’s side are 5’ or shorter), so it’s not a gene that contributes to unusual shortness and alike.  Still, what goes for a primordial dwarf, other dwarfism, and those under 5’ something due to family traits, applies to me.  D/Cing the airbag on the car I drive is my big thing.

I think the 5’ is for men. For women I believe the height is 4’6”, so you see, you are still quite tall. I am almost a foot taller than you at 5’9” but I expect I will probably shrink like my mom, she went from 5’8” to 5’2” from osteoporosis. I would imagine the airbags are probably not the best thing for fragile bones, but still immensely better than hitting steel!!!

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2009 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Actually, I believe Detroit steel went out years ago and cars have more fiberglass and plastic in them now, as well as other things probably, like aluminum.  Cars aren’t made like they were in the past when we were young and about all that is pure steel on them now, is probably the frame.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 21 May 2009 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
Mriana - 20 May 2009 05:38 PM

This must be changed.

Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2009 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

What?  I wear high heels and aggravate my back problem?  Like that will change much.

Signature 

Mriana

8 of 9