2 of 9
Recommendations to resolve present social-economical, political and ecological situation in the world
Posted: 06 May 2009 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 12:26 PM
George - 06 May 2009 11:13 AM

BTW, if I were a Russian I don’t think I would use Sputnik for a logo when trying to unite the Earth. It’s kind of like being an American who is after the unification of Earth and having a photo of the U.S. flag on the moon for a logo. Also, as far as I am concerned, even though “narod” can translate as “people,” it is more commonly used when referring to a “nation.”  Again, probably not a very catchy word when unifying the planet. Just a thought.

[IMG]http://s49.radikal.ru/i126/0905/00/58c4c5db6d62.jpg alt=‘58c4c5db6d62.jpg’ />[/img]

The Japanese says this is 58c4c5db6d62.jpg.html the landing site of Appollo-17 on the Moon (pictures by a Japanese Moon probe “Kaguya” (? if transliteration is right). The left equipment (moon rover, e.t.c.) is absent.

Link to the article in Russian - http://www.kp.ru/daily/24287.4/481780/

Ooh, the moon landing conspiracy! I don’t think we’ve had one of those here yet. Sorry, I am not interested.

Posted: 06 May 2009 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2009-05-05
George - 06 May 2009 10:58 AM
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 10:49 AM

Nature always has self-regulating mechanisms.

Sure, like peaceful unification of countries, resulting in overpopulation, giving a rise to an abundance of pig farms introducing a potentially deadly virus and wiping out a half of the population formerly known as “peacefully unified countries of the Earth.”

For this case scenario there is

“...- To create the center for the Earth protection;...”

Signature 

We are “Science Union” public-political movement from Russian Federation (http://www.nauchnii-soyuz.narod.ru, “narod” is people). We stand for the “United State of Earth” (“USE”) and support “Humanist Manifesto 2000” - to add to it -> http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/5817. In Russian our name sounds as “Nauchnii Soyuz”, (“soyuz” is union). Our symbol is “Sputnik-1” - the mankind’s first satellite in space (see our avatar). You are welcome to join!

Posted: 06 May 2009 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
George - 06 May 2009 11:13 AM

BTW, ... Also, as far as I am concerned, even though “narod” can translate as “people,” it is more commonly used when referring to a “nation.”  Again, probably not a very catchy word when unifying the planet. Just a thought.

What does BTW stand for?

In Russian for “nation” there’s a more commonly used word “нация” (natsiya).

Signature 

We are “Science Union” public-political movement from Russian Federation (http://www.nauchnii-soyuz.narod.ru, “narod” is people). We stand for the “United State of Earth” (“USE”) and support “Humanist Manifesto 2000” - to add to it -> http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/5817. In Russian our name sounds as “Nauchnii Soyuz”, (“soyuz” is union). Our symbol is “Sputnik-1” - the mankind’s first satellite in space (see our avatar). You are welcome to join!

Posted: 06 May 2009 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 01:29 PM

Sure, like peaceful unification of countries, resulting in overpopulation, giving a rise to an abundance of pig farms introducing a potentially deadly virus and wiping out a half of the population formerly known as “peacefully unified countries of the Earth.”

What you’re proposing here reminds me of a “thought experiment” I created when I was a little boy where a truck attached to a post by a chain doesn’t stop, where the chain doesn’t snap, and where the post doesn’t bend. Something will have to give in.

Posted: 06 May 2009 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
Chicken - 06 May 2009 11:20 AM
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 09:35 AM

- Prohibit the selling of tobacco and alcohol products as damaging health;

- Introduce civil uniform (summer and winter, with upper coat, for adults and children, including a sport suit) without signs of distinction, free, also for military men, to wear by desire (§4);

- Universal usage of the approach “Good” is all what is physiologically harmless for all and each member of mankind”;

So, if I were to join your club, I can’t drink, like ever?  Not even on holidays?  Or smoke, like ever?  I don’t know, I’m more of on the eat, drink and be merry part of life.  You only live once (well some of us do).

I read your stuff, while there are nice things to it like, no more homophobia and free stuff, I’m kind of afraid of the “good” and “bad” labeling.

Ummm, you guys are going to have to count me out.  rolleyes

The approach is universal - All what is physiologically harmless for Homo sapiens-es is good.
’ ‘
’ ‘
‘nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2009 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
George - 06 May 2009 01:40 PM
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 01:29 PM

What you’re proposing here reminds me of a “thought experiment” I created when I was a little boy where a truck attached to a post by a chain doesn’t stop, where the chain doesn’t snap, and where the post doesn’t bend. Something will have to give in.

For instance, the Sun will burn out in about 4,5 billion years. And science is the only hope of mankind for this case scenario.
. .
. .
. .

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2009 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
George - 06 May 2009 12:50 PM

Sport to masses!

Do you mean something like the “Спартакиада народов СССР”?  wink

That everyone is fit and capable at any age (up to very elderly) of running a couple or more miles, lift heavy weights 10+ times, and so on, on a daily or so basis.

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2009 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
dougsmith - 06 May 2009 12:44 PM

Prohibiting alcohol was a socio-political disaster in the US; prohibiting tobacco and alcohol would be even worse. Forcing linguistic and sartorial conformity as well? (Not to mention the earlier problems discussed here already ...)

This is not a credible program.

Alcohol and tobacco damage health.

Single language of the Earth will allow to unite mankind. Naturally this process may take several hundred years, science can make it happen in a decade.

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2009 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 02:10 PM

Single language of the Earth will allow to unite mankind. Naturally this process may take several hundred years, science can make it happen in a decade.

Alcohol is beneficial to health if ingested moderately.

Ingesting too many calories is also damaging to health, indeed, any chemical is damaging to health if ingested in too large a quantity. The dose makes the poison. Are you going to outlaw everything that is potentially damaging to human health? You should outlaw then all meat, many herbs (which have trace carcinogens), high heat cooking, and overeating.

Are you going to legally mandate diet and exercise for everyone who is overweight?

Are you going to be sure to arrest everyone who drives even one kilometer per hour over the speed limit? After all, driving over the speed limit is also damaging to health.

Are you going to outlaw sunbathing? Being out in the sun is also damaging to health. Are you going to legally enforce wearing large hats and suntan lotion?

One of the largest threats to babies and small children are backyard swimming pools. Are you going to outlaw home swimming pools?

If your only criterion for outlawing something is that it is damaging to health, you really have a long way to go. If you don’t want to outlaw everything that is damaging to health, you will have to do some more thinking about which health risks are worth outlawing. Certainly alcohol and tobacco are not. The sociopolitical risks are too high.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 06 May 2009 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
macgyver - 06 May 2009 12:14 PM
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 10:41 AM
macgyver - 06 May 2009 10:37 AM
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 10:32 AM
macgyver - 06 May 2009 10:17 AM

So basically Star Trek with a little prohibition, some intolerance ( we all have to speak some common langauage), and heavily gay overtones thrown in?

“...heavily antihomophobic overtones…” is correct.

What does this have to do with homophobia?

“- Legally punish for heavily bodily harm caused to the so called “receptive side” during the first time of so called “anal sex” (i.e. damage of anal sphincter, the muscle, closing the anal hole, which happens in 98% of cases - the reason being that the diameter of erect penis is wider than the diameter of the anal sphincter maximal stretching);”

Seems a bit specific and parochial ( not to mention graphic)for such a broad reaching 1 page document.

There is an article about heavily bodily harm in Criminal law.

With homophobia this has to do:

- Total defeat of homophobia;

OK now you’ve really lost me. Heavily bodily harm? What’s that?

Aside from the graphic nature of this rule, its sort of like proposing a document on better nutrition that says ” Everyone should eat more vegetables, eat less animal fat, cut down on salt, and oh yeah, Bobby McCallister is not allowed to have red skittles on Thursdays”.

Your putting the cart way ahead of the horse. You’re speaking in broad generalizations about grandiose ideas and then for some odd reason you choose to make a rule about an incredibly specific item that affects very few people while ignoring thousands of equally minor issues that affect many more people. It makes it look like the whole document is just a cover for some hidden ( or not so hidden) agenda to rid the planet of homophobia (not that there’s anything wrong with that) as well as any vices that are not to your liking. Apparently alcohol is against the law but other drugs are just fine as I read it. What’s up with that?

Medical terms in the following text.

In mankind every individual affects all others and homophobia disunites people. In regard of vices our afore stated conclusion is “All, what is physiologically harmless for all and each member of mankind, is “good”. Repeating it again: In order to make right decisions it must be decided what is “good” and “bad”. Having veiwed various variants we have come to the conclusion, that the final aim is the survival of all individuals (i.e. members) of mankind. Upon this follows the conclusion.

When a person being the so called “receptive side” has so called “anal sex” first time in 98% of cases his or her anal sphincter (the muscle that closes the anal hole) is damaged, i.e. it loses its ability to return to its initial closed state. This happens due to the difference in diameter sizes: the diameter of erect penis is, as a rule, wider than the diameter of maximal stretching of the anal sphincter, which becomes damaged (torn) when the penis (or a same size dildo) is inserted in it.

The safe size is the diameter of hard excrements of the so called “receptive side”.

This damage is a very unpleasant thing - the person loses the ability to control gases and excreting. As all muscles in the body are united, due to this damage the person acquires a changed posture similar to the question mark, as a result there’s more pressure on the spinal part of skeleton, which wears off. The loss by the organ its ability to function in Criminal law is heavily bodily harm.

Anything, that is physiologically harmful for all and each member of mankind, is “bad”. 
. .
. .
. .......................

[ Edited: 07 May 2009 04:00 PM by Science Union movement ]
 Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2009 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
dougsmith - 06 May 2009 02:38 PM
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 02:10 PM

Alcohol is beneficial to health if ingested moderately.

Ingesting too many calories is also damaging to health, indeed, any chemical is damaging to health if ingested in too large a quantity. The dose makes the poison. Are you going to outlaw everything that is potentially damaging to human health? You should outlaw then all meat, many herbs (which have trace carcinogens), high heat cooking, and overeating.

Are you going to legally mandate diet and exercise for everyone who is overweight?

Are you going to be sure to arrest everyone who drives even one kilometer per hour over the speed limit? After all, driving over the speed limit is also damaging to health.

Are you going to outlaw sunbathing? Being out in the sun is also damaging to health. Are you going to legally enforce wearing large hats and suntan lotion?

One of the largest threats to babies and small children are backyard swimming pools. Are you going to outlaw home swimming pools?

If your only criterion for outlawing something is that it is damaging to health, you really have a long way to go. If you don’t want to outlaw everything that is damaging to health, you will have to do some more thinking about which health risks are worth outlawing. Certainly alcohol and tobacco are not. The sociopolitical risks are too high.

Alcohol is said to be beneficial to health if ingested moderately. Each time one drinks alcohol as a result lots of brain and nerve cells are destroyed.  And they are said to be unrestorable.

To start putting things to order we aim to start with defeating homophobia and eliminating the anal sphincter damage (which is a serious crime).

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2009 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05

Sport to masses!

In a way.

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2009 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 03:13 PM

Alcohol is said to be beneficial to health if ingested moderately. Each time one drinks alcohol as a result lots of brain and nerve cells are destroyed.  And they are said to be unrestorable.

“Said” by whom? This does not follow any of the research I am familiar with. Brain cell damage only occurs with heavy drinking, not the moderate drinking I was referring to.

As for your claim about alcohol’s benefit to health, I suggest you read this article from the Harvard School of Public Health about alcohol. As they say, “For most moderate drinkers, alcohol has overall health benefits.”

And this article from the Mayo Clinic: “Moderate alcohol use seems to offer some health benefits, particularly for the heart.”

Nothing about “brain and nerve cells [being] destroyed each time one drinks alcohol”. That is a myth.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 06 May 2009 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
dougsmith - 06 May 2009 03:30 PM
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 03:13 PM

“Said” by whom? This does not follow any of the research I am familiar with. Brain cell damage only occurs with heavy drinking, not the moderate drinking I was referring to.

As for your claim about alcohol’s benefit to health, I suggest you read this article from the Harvard School of Public Health about alcohol. As they say, “For most moderate drinkers, alcohol has overall health benefits.”

And this article from the Mayo Clinic: “Moderate alcohol use seems to offer some health benefits, particularly for the heart.”

Nothing about “brain and nerve cells [being] destroyed each time one drinks alcohol”. That is a myth.

Antialcohol campaign of the First state TV channel in Russia.

The links lead to videos

http://www.1tv.ru/pr/si=5761&fi=553

100 gramms of vodka kills up to 8 000 brain cells.

http://www.1tv.ru/news/about/136829

In order of appearance:

Brain

Heart

Blood

Gullet
. .
. .
. .

[ Edited: 11 May 2009 03:01 AM by Science Union movement ]
 Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2009 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Science Union movement - 06 May 2009 02:00 PM

Sport to masses!

That everyone is fit and capable at any age (up to very elderly) of running a couple or more miles, lift heavy weights 10+ times, and so on, on a daily or so basis.

But you know what you’re trying to do here, right? Now, where did I hear of similar attempts of wanting to rebuild the human kind? Oh, yes, it was during communism when I was a child. I assume you’re old enough to have had experienced some of it first hand. Do you remember why it didn’t work? Do you recall how impossible it was (thanks Zeus!) to “re-educate” the public? At least fifty percent of our behaviour—and probably a lot more when it comes to our health, intelligence, etc.—is predetermined by the nature: the only way to get everybody fit would be through eugenics.

Your desire to want to build a utopian society with every man and woman “running a couple or more miles on a daily or so basis,” doesn’t really differ from Lysenko’s frightening pursuit of trying to improve the crop yields. (I only assume and hope you are not contemplating the other way, the Nazi way.)

BTW, “BTW” means “by the way.”

2 of 9