1 of 2
Crazy verses in the koran - hell
Posted: 10 May 2009 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-12-01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPqLpgxPxfc

a real crazy verse…Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Lady Di, are all in hell!!!

where god/allah is burning their skin off and then regrowing the skin again to allow them to feel pain again and again..

Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Lady Di, your grandparents and dead relatives are all being tortured in hell….

God/Allah very busy just now…

Posted: 12 May 2009 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-01

No comments from Pierre??

Posted: 12 May 2009 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7547
Joined  2007-03-02

Christians say the same thing concerning those who are not Christian.  So what’s the difference?  Absolutely none.  It’s just senseless superstition, “my religion/God is better than your religion/god”, crap.  That’s all it is.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 13 May 2009 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-01

Mriana,
I was hoping that Pierre would have replied.

I guess to get into Christian heaven you need to be Christian, etc and there is hell.  maybe you can give the details, i do not know them.

What is key in this verse is the details given about hell and what really happens there; it gives an indication on the nature of God/Allah and what kind of a person/thing he is. 

Killing is not enough for him, as once the skin is burnt off you and I will get new skin to feel the pain all over again and again…also this is not for one or two years…but is it forever and forever and ever. 

Not sure if you fully watched the last 30 seconds of the video to understand why it has been made.

Posted: 13 May 2009 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Again, Muslims and Xians have different meanings when it comes to hell and who goes there.  According to Xians, esp Evangelical Fundamentalists, if you are not Xian you go to hell, the same goes with Muslims- if you are not Muslim, you go to hell.  Which means, in some cases, on has to be a specific type of Xian/Muslim to go to heaven.  However, what happens there depends on who you ask, because one will state one thing from the Bible/Koran and another something different, yet still from their holy text.  In the Bible, God is called Jealous and in the Muslim text he is something else.

Ah but killing is for him.  Just as no Xian sect agrees, no Muslim sect agrees nor does any sect necessarily get along with the others.  Evangelicals see those who are liberal/progressive as going to hell.  The Muslim equivalent of Evangelicals, has a similar view.  Why do you think they fight and bicker among themselves?

Now here is the thing, none of the gods exist nor is there a hell, this is it, unless one is superstitious.  What religion is, is a form of brainwashing, mental manipulation, mental abuse.  A total mind f*** which uses fear, guilt, and other means to manipulate the masses, sometimes to the point that they kill each other over it- as seen by the Crusades, suicide bombers, and alike.

As for watching it all, I couldn’t understand what the guy was saying.  It is not a good quality video, esp for one who is hard of hearing.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 13 May 2009 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-01

Mriana,

Thanks for the info, hope your hearing gets better.  There must be a valid reason why you are a moderator on this forum, good eyes at least   :-)

The question raised in my post is linked to the post from Pierre (magic number 19);  the goal (which has failed) has been to try to start a debate to understand the nature of one version of god/allah from one of the holy books.

A valid reply to this post could be an explanation of the hell in other religions, what it is like, who and why people get there and hence explaining the nature of that version of god - additional posts in this direction would be good. 

Comments about suicide bombers and crusades add a limited amount to this post, they could be a distraction, even if valid in another post.

The last 15 seconds of the video is just text in English which scrolls upwards slowly so you might be able to read it.

Posted: 13 May 2009 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

You may not have considered it, TomTom, but possibly the reason Mriana is a moderator here has nothing to do with hearing or eyesight, but rather with reasoning and critical thinking ability.  Her comments seem to be toward balancing a one-sided view.  It might behoove you to avoid snide remarks.

Occam

Posted: 13 May 2009 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
TomTom - 13 May 2009 08:51 AM

Mriana,

Thanks for the info, hope your hearing gets better.

ROFL!  TomTom, I hate to say this, but congenital nerve deafness and conductive hearing loss does not get better. We aren’t talking about an ear infection here.  It’s OK though.  One get use to it and since it runs in my family, it’s not abnormal to me.

The question raised in my post is linked to the post from Pierre (magic number 19);  the goal (which has failed) has been to try to start a debate to understand the nature of one version of god/allah from one of the holy books.

I don’t believe any text will help anyone understand it, because 1. it is a human creation 2. I get the feeling the goal is to understand it as a particular group of Muslims understand it- which is still a human concept.

A valid reply to this post could be an explanation of the hell in other religions, what it is like, who and why people get there and hence explaining the nature of that version of god - additional posts in this direction would be good. 

I believe I made that attempt, but the definition of hell is too numerous among both Xians and Muslims, and some Xians don’t believe in hell, so how do you actually explain a human concept that has so many different definitions?  You can’t.

Comments about suicide bombers and crusades add a limited amount to this post, they could be a distraction, even if valid in another post.

Actually, it does not because they do believe such acts will get them to heaven.  So therefore it is not a distraction.  Why do I get the feeling you are Muslim with a specific agenda?

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 13 May 2009 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Occam - 13 May 2009 11:08 AM

Her comments seem to be toward balancing a one-sided view.  It might behoove you to avoid snide remarks.

Occam

That is exactly what I’m trying to do- balance a one-sided view.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 13 May 2009 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

He he he… theological debates…

<sillyness>
So when Harry at Hogwarts won at Quibbage, catching the Stitch and beating the cheat, do you think that Alanis Morissette (God in the Holywood [sic] gospel “Dogma” made in 1999) will smile on him her graces when he reaches Heaven, or will Chris Rock just make some wise-cracks about him?  I think that Alanis would smile.  grin
</silliness>

I bet that my assertions have as much evidence as any others, in a theological debate.

The evidence:

alanissm.jpg

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 13 May 2009 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Are we waiting for her to suffer stigmata?  LOL

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 14 May 2009 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-01

Guess, tangents can also bring balance.

Mriana,  I am not a Muslim nor Christian etc.  I am not atheist neither as I think it is not possible to prove god exists or does not exist.  I am in the “we do not really know much” school.

The only way I have found to make Muslims think about “what they really know” is to make them think about the nature and character of their version of God according to their holy book.  Once someone thinks about this, the next questions should be something like why is this version of god so petty..etc.. he is so powerful and at the same time he wants to fry non-believers arse in hell fire forever and ever….is that really a nice god!...etc. 

With this respect I have posted the youtube link and it would have been good if someone would have replied (ideally pierre) to discuss the nature of this version of god.

I agree that Christians might have the same kind of stuff as well; but for the moment in all the attempts to balance this post other than repeated unexplained complaints about evangelicals, the nature of the evangelical god has not been explored.

Posted: 14 May 2009 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Little do you know. The Evangelical concept has been explored in books such as “The Dark Side:  How Evangelical Teachings Corrupt Love and Truth” by Valerie Tarico Ph.D and “Leaving the Fold” by Marlene Winell Ph. D.  Both are psychologists. To tell you the truth, I really don’t see much difference in the extremes.  It’s all a psychological mind game and they have explained quite a bit.  There are more books on this subject too, but I have not read them yet.  Even so, there isn’t much difference in Evangelical Fundamentalism and Muslim fundamentalism, except on is Christian and the other is Muslim.  The psychological damage they both do is basically the same and so are their teachings. I believe there is a reason for this area not have as much of an influx of Muslims like other parts of the U.S. and if they did try to pull some of the things they have in other places, they would be met with great resistance from the Assembly of God’s HQ in this area, that basically has their own version of Xian Sharia, right down to banking.

Now if you want a comparison, there you have it. There really isn’t much difference except for the name in which they call their deity and who is going to get to their concept of an afterlife.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 14 May 2009 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11

DOGMA!!! One of my favorite movies!!!!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 14 May 2009 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Wasn’t Alanis on earth to engage in some game before her earthly body was put in a coma?  So, she’d probably go along with a Harry playing a game.  One of my favorites, too.

Occam

Posted: 14 May 2009 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam - 14 May 2009 04:36 PM

Wasn’t Alanis on earth to engage in some game before her earthly body was put in a coma?  So, she’d probably go along with a Harry playing a game.  One of my favorites, too.

Occam

I think she was a skeet ball fan (I am not familiar with the game and probably spelled it wrong!), and came to earth as an old curmudgeon to play on the boardwalk.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

1 of 2