4 of 4
Atheist/Humanist Symbol
Posted: 15 August 2009 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-08-14
Mriana - 15 August 2009 06:03 AM

Oh I’ve mentioned it a time or two and people go insane thinking it is the NWO and it will control the thoughts of every man, woman, and child.  rolleyes

Nice to hear your comments from the front again, Mriana.

Personally, I won’t be discarding the concept of world government and the UN just because patriots and jingoists are vocally against it. Indeed, I might counter that if you have to walk around with a gun in your pocket, you might want to peek at your cards again in regard to what you have for overseers.

The prime attribute of democracy is majority rule, and down the road I see both Humanism and world government coming into their own globally. With the full eclipse of the anglo empire now a probability, and an end to their trump cards - militarism - I look forward to a UN empowered to perform its mandate.

It hasn’t been easy for an organization with a budget smaller than the NYC fire dept to watch 5 million die in the Congo, although it hasn’t been much of an issue most everywhere else.

Signature 

Dwight Jones
http://www.humanism.ws
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 15 August 2009 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

I would like to see that, but everytime I say something, there are the conspiracy stories which they buy and throw in my face.  I don’t even know who to convince them it is simply not true.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 29 August 2009 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

Occam

My vote is for a view of the Earth from space.

Gary the Human

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 29 August 2009 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
garythehuman - 29 August 2009 01:57 PM

Occam

My vote is for a view of the Earth from space.

Gary the Human

From far, far away….

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 30 August 2009 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

As if seen from heaven??  LOL  LOL

Sorry, couldn’t help being a wise-ass,

Occam

Posted: 30 August 2009 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam - 30 August 2009 10:41 AM

As if seen from heaven??  LOL  LOL

Sorry, couldn’t help being a wise-ass,

Occam

LOL, I was thinking of “as seen from the pioneer”, I suppose part of the Pioneer could be inserted as if the picture were taken from the sattelite!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 05 September 2009 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Total Posts:  2011
Joined  2007-08-09

Why insist on just one symbol? Let’s not vote on these things. Let’s use all of them, and let’s support each other in their use.

I have a web site under construction. Its theme is the human(ist) narrative, a subject I’ve raised here several times. I intend to include every uplifting symbol I can think of, consistent with our core commitments.

Signature 

I cannot in good conscience support CFI under the current leadership. I am here in dissent and in support of a Humanism that honors and respects everyone.

Posted: 04 October 2009 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-08-14

What about a simple ant?
It’s symbolism is usually related to patience, tireless hard work, teamwork, equality, group minded, perseverance, self-discipline, group effort, virtue.
I also like the idea of an organic symbol…

1195436117328352587rejon_Ant_Icon.svg.thumb.png

Signature 

If the ignorance of nature gave birth to such a variety of gods, the knowledge of this nature is calculated to destroy them. La Système de la Nature, Baron d’Holbach (1723–1789)

4 of 4