Texas Secession
Posted: 15 May 2009 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

I thought we had a thread on this, but I couldln’t find it.  This evening as I skimmed though the TV channels and found that the two most interesting were Andy Griffith reruns and WWE wrestling, I turned it off.  My mind wandered for a minute and recalled the Texas governor’s idea of Texas seceding.  Of course, we all thought was a silly idea, but I realized that there’s a way that might be useful.  We could offer Texas to the Chinese in return for them cancelling their part of our national debt.  This would decrease the probablity of politicians like GWB coming to the fore, cut down the intelligent design offal, and greatly reduce our national debt.  I’d prefer to sell it to Mexico, but they don’t have the funds to buy it.  Any comments?

LOL

Occam

Posted: 16 May 2009 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1995
Joined  2008-09-18

Mr. Obama suggested that, instead of giving an iPod to the Queen, he could perhaps have given her Texas. But why transfer ownership? Why not just kick them out of the Union instead of letting them secede? I mean, wouldn’t it be better to fire Texas than to let them quit?

Added later: Keith Olbermann did a great job on the issue and you can watch it here:

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001336/index.html

[ Edited: 16 May 2009 08:38 AM by Chris Crawford ]

Posted: 16 May 2009 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2008-06-13

The authors of the US Constitution were incredibly thoughtful men.  But, they were far from perfect.  And this is one of those details they left out.  If there’s a mechanism for joining the Union, one might think there would be a mechanism for leaving the Union.
I like the idea of transferring Texas to our largest debt holder for forgiveness of the US debt to China.  Having GWB living in Chinese territory would just be an added bonus tongue wink .

[ Edited: 16 May 2009 08:29 PM by Hawkfan ]

Posted: 16 May 2009 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5506
Joined  2008-08-14
Chris Crawford - 16 May 2009 08:17 AM

Mr. Obama suggested that, instead of giving an iPod to the Queen, he could perhaps have given her Texas. But why transfer ownership? Why not just kick them out of the Union instead of letting them secede? I mean, wouldn’t it be better to fire Texas than to let them quit?

Added later: Keith Olbermann did a great job on the issue and you can watch it here:

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001336/index.html

They got that on the record, Obama offering Texas to the QE, instead of an IPod?

Signature 

Now with 20% more surfactants!