Last night NBC drama slammed Spiritual Healing (Yay)
Posted: 24 April 2006 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2006-04-23

My recent post in "General Discussion" speaks to this.  Just mentioning it here because some folks may be primarily interested in medical hoaxers, so just checking this area.

Won’t go into detail here.  See my post (NBC Goes Skeptical…BIG TIME)in General.

In brief, Law & Order beat the crap out of spiritual healing (Voodo Healing woman was a con artist and murderer) and Crossing Jordan slammed religious fanaticism.

Also, House (NBC this Tuesday night) will also be featuring Science vs Religious fanaticism.

Apologies if such multi-posting is bad etiquette.

Regards,

BB

Posted: 24 April 2006 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2006-04-23

Last night NBC drama slammed Spiritual Healing (Yay)

My recent post in “General Discussion” speaks to this.  Just mentioning it here because some folks may be primarily interested in medical hoaxers, so just checking this area.

Won’t go into detail here.  See my post (NBC Goes Skeptical…BIG TIME)in General.

In brief, Law & Order beat the crap out of spiritual healing (Voodo Healing woman was a con artist and murderer) and Crossing Jordan slammed religious fanaticism.

Also, House (NBC this Tuesday night) will also be featuring Science vs Religious fanaticism.

Apologies if such multi-posting is bad etiquette.

Regards,

BB

Posted: 25 April 2006 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15356
Joined  2006-02-14

Thanks for pointing this out; yeah, multi-posting is bad etiquette. Many of us will read through all new postings and it’s a bit tough to get ones that are substantially the same again.

If you have a thought that belongs in more than one category, either pick the category that it fits best in, or try to split up the idea into separate posts with separate content.

:wink:

And thanks for posting!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 28 June 2007 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-03-07

Teehee…

There was an episode of Bones once where a voodoo guy was putting some curse on Temperence Brennan and she poked him in the eye. tongue laugh

Signature 

1. God is omnipotent.
Source: Several incidents where I’ve annoyed fundamentalist Christians by challenging God’s power.
2. If God is omnipotent then he can travel faster than the speed of light.
Modus Ponens
3. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
Source: Einstein
Therefore, God is nothing.
QED