2 of 2
What the Bleep Do We Know? (Merged)
Posted: 15 February 2008 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-12-03

I saw it shortly after it was released on DVD. I remember thinking if I could enter the quantum mechanics magical basketball court, I would shoot the ball, then travel forward in time and totally alley oop myself.

Then I would drink Gatorade with only positive thoughts printed on the label.

Signature 

“How does a scientist know what’s true? Well, all facts begin as dreams, dreamt by a wizard. If the wizard crosses the path of a scorned widow, then he shares it at the town council. Now it is a hypothesis, and it is time to drown the wizard. If he floats, he is an evil wizard, and must be burned alive. If he drowns, then the hypothesis is true! The king is told, and he consults with his menagerie of birds. If the king is satisfied, then it becomes an old-wives tale and science is advanced.”

Posted: 16 February 2008 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2008-02-08

This is a terrible movie which distorts the facts.

Especially the stuff about Dr. Emoto and the water crystals. James Randi offered him 1,000,000 dollars if he could replicate it with appropriate controls and he declined. No self-respecting scientist has anything to fear from James Randi.

This movie is like The Secret, promoted by Oprah Winfrey.

The book “The Unconscious Quantum” by Victor Stenger explains why things like this movie distort the facts about quantum physics.

Posted: 16 February 2008 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2008-02-08
Gaddy - 04 July 2006 08:55 PM

My favorite part:

in the subway, the photographer is looking at the picutres of emotional water. The guy that looks like an SS officer/Christopher Lloyd in Who Framed Roger Rabbit says, “If we can do that to water…”

my friends and I all burst out at once, “IMAGINE WHAT I CAN DO TO YOU!!!”

Listen, for once and for all: I know the film is nonsense. I never endorsed what it had to say, only it was fun to watch with friends and talk about. Prz, don’t put words in my mouth. I’m a smart boy; I went to catholic school for a year and a half.

James Randi offered that dude a million bucks if he could pull it off with appropriate controls, the water crystal thing. He declined.

2 of 2