14 of 14
Going Back to College
Posted: 16 June 2014 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Congratulations, DarronS!!!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 17 June 2014 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

Yes, congrats Darron!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 17 June 2014 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Total Posts:  4260
Joined  2010-08-15
DarronS - 16 June 2014 03:41 PM

After one month it is finally starting to sink in that I have college degree. Officially my degree is a Bachelor or Arts in Integrated Studies with concentrations in Environmental Policy and Communications. I’ll start looking for aa job when we get to Colorado.

Yes sir, let me add my congratulations to the chorus!

And the move to Colorado sounds like a good adventure also.  I wish you and your wife the best of luck in your new digs and endeavors.
Maybe we’ll get around to sipping on that scotch yet.  cool smirk

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 17 June 2014 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
TimB - 16 June 2014 08:12 PM
DarronS - 16 June 2014 05:21 PM

My wife is working in Englewood, a suburb on the south side of Denver. Yes, Colorado has advantages over Texas. I’m looking for some sort of environmental communications job, or I may start an environmental consulting business.

Congratulations, (married) Bachelor Darron! on your graduation and on your escape from our politically challenged Lone Star State.  If I may suggest, if you decide to get a Master’s, hold off of partaking in the (now legal for you) MJ while doing so.

Good advice, but Darron wouldn’t have had to move to Colorado to easily obtain all the MJ he could possibly want. It’s freely available in every medium to large city in the US. Making it legal has no effect on its availability. It just makes it cheaper and less problematical to get it.

Posted: 17 June 2014 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Isn’t it fascinating that we are only an Internet group, almost none of whom have met, and yet, when one of our own achieves a major accomplishment, we all feel like a family and respond with our congratulations and warm feelings for him. smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 17 June 2014 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
Total Posts:  4811
Joined  2007-10-05

I appreciate all the accolades everyone. Rest assured, I learned a long time ago that getting stoned and studying do not mix well. How do you think I ended up finishing my degree at such a late age?  ohh I am contemplating grad school. Roskilde University in Denmark has a master’s program in Environmental Risk. Closer to home, UC Colorado Springs has a master’s program in Environmental Communication. Ironically, studying in Denmark would be less expensive than attending the University of Colorado.

CC, we may share that Scotch soon. I haven’t been to Western Colorado in a long time, but it remember it being breathtakingly beautiful.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 17 June 2014 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Total Posts:  776
Joined  2009-07-17

Congratulations Darron!!

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 17 June 2014 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2014-03-12

Congartulations Darron!! Never stop learning.

Danny

Signature 

“expectation is the mother of disappointment”

Posted: 17 June 2014 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
DarronS - 17 June 2014 11:54 AM

CC, we may share that Scotch soon. I haven’t been to Western Colorado in a long time, but it remember it being breathtakingly beautiful.

I hope you guys enjoy a nice single malt for me.  Perhaps a Talisker 10 yr old, from the Isle of Skye.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 17 June 2014 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
Total Posts:  4811
Joined  2007-10-05

Talisker works for me.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

14 of 14