Is Sam Harris’ ‘The Reason Project’ a total joke?  Probably
Posted: 12 July 2009 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  264
Joined  2008-11-10

When thinking about The Reason Project , I guess the question we have to begin asking is if the Reason Project will ever begin doing the supposed duty it set out to do, and taking real chances, or if it is just some meaningless think-tank that doesn’t have the interest of secularism in its heart at all? 

I guess part of what I’m talking about, is whether the Reason Project will ever do things like financially support the filing of lawsuits against governments like America, Canada, and Britain, for having references to ‘God’ in, respectively, the pledge of alleigance, national anthem, and ‘God’ save the queen, which public school children are expected to chant everyday.  I want to know how much the Reason Project advisory members actually care about secularism, or if this is ultimately just a silly ploy to sell their respective books and promote whatever other material they may have.  These countries are being completely unconstitutional in regards to secularists.  Is anyone going to do anything about it and take a real stance for secularism?  As far as I know, Madalyn Murray O’Hair, crank that she was, was the last one to really take a stand, but that was a long time ago.  There is a difference between publishing and chatting about secularism, and actually doing something about it.