3 of 5
Any Formula 1 fans out there?
Posted: 29 July 2009 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
thoswm - 29 July 2009 12:37 PM
asanta - 29 July 2009 12:32 PM

Yay for Massa! So Shumie WILL drive again! This is going to be a GREAT season!

I cannot wait to see how comparable Schumacher will be in the same car as Raikkonen.  Kimi may be forced to up his game a little bit.  Shumie may be a little bit rusty, but I’m sure he hasn’t lost it.  It will be interesting to see if there will be little bit of a Ferrari resurgence.  Ferrari will have the only team with a full lineup of world champions!

I hate that F1 is on summer break right now! I want to see them race TODAY! ....although it would only be fair to let Shumie get back into shape….he shouldn’t need much, after all, he is The Stig tongue wink

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 01 August 2009 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Unsurprisingly, after his blow-up at Flavio, Nelsonho is out! Replacement is rumored to be GP2 driver Grosjean. So now we will have two rank rookies on the grid as well as a former champion trying furiously to get back into shape! Hope no one else gets hurt!! Massa, meanwhile is busy getting better and preparing to be flown back to Sao Paulo on Monday, Yay Massa! I also heard that Schumi was enticed back for the season at the price of 3 million per race!! I wonder if that is Euro or American?

[ Edited: 01 August 2009 08:51 PM by asanta ]
 Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 August 2009 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2009-07-13
asanta - 01 August 2009 06:44 PM

Unsurprisingly, after his blow-up at Flavio, Nelsonho is out! Replacement is rumored to be GP2 driver Grosjean. So now we will have two rank rookies on the grid as well as a former champion trying furiously to get back into shape! Hope no one else gets hurt!! Massa, meanwhile is busy getting better and preparing to be flown back to Sao Paulo on Monday, Yay Massa! I also heard that Schumi was enticed back for the season at the price of 3 million per race!! I wonder if that is Euro or American?

I’m not at all surprised at Piquet and I for one will not miss him.  He’s had a mediocre F1 career and my memory of him in GP2 was that of him getting severely beaten by Hamilton.  I haven’t heard anything about Grosjean.  Is he a test driver for Renault?  They have gone through three rookies from GP2 in only a few years, which has proven to be very bad choices.  I think they would be better off taking Bourdais.  I would love to see the guys at Toro Rosso angry that he stepped into a car alongside Alonso and kept up.  Not sure if he’s really that good, but I can’t stand the way Toro Rosso treats their drivers.  It’s wonderful news that Massa is improving so quickly.  I’ve seen pictures of his stitches above his eye and it’s very disturbing.  He is so lucky to be alive!  And I’m having a very difficult time containing myself waiting for the next race.  I’m sure the entire F1 fan base can’t wait to see what Schumi can do.  At the very least, he will play a vital role in developing Ferrari’s car for next year.  He will definitely be giving Alonso a race winning car, that is if the Alonso to Ferrari rumors are true.

Signature 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” - Seneca

Posted: 09 August 2009 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

I was putting in my Pick 8 submission for the next F1 race ( I fell like a rock by 8 positions after the last race, due to Massa’s accident and Alonso’s retirement). After picking my 8 drivers, I went to the Formula 1 website and realized that Alonzo wasn’t racing and I forgot that Schumi was racing!! I had to go back and resubmit my form!! Yay Schumi, I can’t wait! It should be a great race!

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2009 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

Schumacher is out.  The neck injury that he sustained in a motorcycle accident earlier in the year has proven too great.  His neck isn’t strong enough to withstand the forces.  Luca Badoer is set to replace Massa.

Signature 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” - Seneca

Posted: 11 August 2009 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
thoswm - 11 August 2009 07:06 AM

Schumacher is out.  The neck injury that he sustained in a motorcycle accident earlier in the year has proven too great.  His neck isn’t strong enough to withstand the forces.  Luca Badoer is set to replace Massa.

I am so disappointed that I will not get to see him race against the current crop of drivers! The Ferrari test driver will be taking Massa’s place, and I will have to change my Pick 8 entry yet a third time!!

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2009 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13
asanta - 11 August 2009 09:00 AM

I am so disappointed that I will not get to see him race against the current crop of drivers! The Ferrari test driver will be taking Massa’s place, and I will have to change my Pick 8 entry yet a third time!!

You may have to change it a fourth time if Renault is allowed to race after their appeal.  LOL

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2009 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
thoswm - 11 August 2009 09:04 AM
asanta - 11 August 2009 09:00 AM

You may have to change it a fourth time if Renault is allowed to race after their appeal.  LOL

LOL Well, I think I’ll save myself some trouble this time and wait until the last minute to submit my ‘predictions’, I have until the start of first practice to make my entry!

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2009 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

That’s probably a good idea.  The last thing I heard about the matter was that Renault’s trucks were seen heading to Valencia.  They certainly think they’ll be racing.  As crazy as this season has been, I’m not willing to make a prediction on the outcome of their appeal.

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2009 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

I wonder how long it will take the FIA to do the obvious—-have a training program for Stewards with a written infraction rule book. AND have some sort of consistency of race assignments for the Stewards. I’m really tired of the arbitrary enforcement of rules that seem to depend on the (in)competence of the Stewards and the teams involved. It would also be a refreshing change to turn off the race and know who won and not have the possibility of a change in the results because of something that occurred in the middle or even beginning of the race, and should have been taken care of 60 laps ago!

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2009 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13
asanta - 11 August 2009 06:57 PM

I wonder how long it will take the FIA to do the obvious—-have a training program for Stewards with a written infraction rule book. AND have some sort of consistency of race assignments for the Stewards. I’m really tired of the arbitrary enforcement of rules that seem to depend on the (in)competence of the Stewards and the teams involved. It would also be a refreshing change to turn off the race and know who won and not have the possibility of a change in the results because of something that occurred in the middle or even beginning of the race, and should have been taken care of 60 laps ago!

I know!  Supposedly, these are things that Jean Todt supports.  I question whether or not he will get elected this fall.  He has the support of Mosley to be his successor and it seems as though he has the support of the rest of the FIA as well.  The only thing is that FOTA have declared they want someone who has not been affiliated with a Formula 1 team in the past.  Todt has stated that he would appoint someone specifically to oversee F1 and he would not have direct involvement.  That may sound good at first since the FIA president wouldn’t be involved, but it would still be appointing a dictator to rule over Formula 1.  That style of governance in racing doesn’t work well.  It would be far better if Todt just gave FOTA the power to govern F1.

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2009 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
thoswm - 11 August 2009 07:06 PM

I know!  Supposedly, these are things that Jean Todt supports.  I question whether or not he will get elected this fall.  He has the support of Mosley to be his successor and it seems as though he has the support of the rest of the FIA as well.  The only thing is that FOTA have declared they want someone who has not been affiliated with a Formula 1 team in the past.  Todt has stated that he would appoint someone specifically to oversee F1 and he would not have direct involvement.  That may sound good at first since the FIA president wouldn’t be involved, but it would still be appointing a dictator to rule over Formula 1.  That style of governance in racing doesn’t work well.  It would be far better if Todt just gave FOTA the power to govern F1.

I don’t know about the idea of stewards without a history of affiliation, I think it would be a GREAT job for former drivers and test drivers.

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2009 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13
asanta - 11 August 2009 08:45 PM
thoswm - 11 August 2009 07:06 PM

I don’t know about the idea of stewards without a history of affiliation, I think it would be a GREAT job for former drivers and test drivers.

I agree completely.  Instead of former drivers like Coulthard and Jackie Stewart getting involved in commentary, they would be far more valuable as officials.  Racing drivers know what racing incidents are.

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2009 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Yes, they would also be more able to spot racing incidents*wink, wink* if you know what I mean! smirk

Signature 

Posted: 13 August 2009 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I just saw a report stating that Sebastian Bourdais was fired via text message.  Toro Rosso has no class.

Signature 

3 of 5