4 of 5
Any Formula 1 fans out there?
Posted: 13 August 2009 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
thoswm - 13 August 2009 12:53 PM

I just saw a report stating that Sebastian Bourdais was fired via text message.  Toro Rosso has no class.

Can’t get much lower than that. Bourdais is a class act though (unlike Pique).

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 17 August 2009 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2009-07-13

Renault ban overturned.  Alonso will be racing at Valencia.  Instead of the ban, they’ll be fined $50,000, which sounds a little excessive to me but at least they will be allowed to race.

Signature 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” - Seneca

Posted: 17 August 2009 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
thoswm - 17 August 2009 10:23 AM

Renault ban overturned.  Alonso will be racing at Valencia.  Instead of the ban, they’ll be fined $50,000, which sounds a little excessive to me but at least they will be allowed to race.

Works for me, They REALLY need to have Alonso there to sell tickets and they made their point. $50,000 I think is fair and made a point, because of the seerity of the event and the potential damage it could have caused, I think it should have been much more. As F1 fines go,I think it is the norm….

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 18 August 2009 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Hmmm, do you think the dust has settled yet so I can submit my Pick 8 for the next race?

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2009 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Finally submitted my Pick 8 entry…with only a few hours to spare, looks like everything is settled for this weekend!
Have you seen this video yet?

Worse F1 crash ever, Button injured!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTYl3wFhk

Signature 

Posted: 25 August 2009 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

LOL That video was great!  How did you do with your Pick 8?  After a Mclaren resurgence, Vettel engine meltdown and Button under performing, I’d say that was a pretty unlikely outcome!  If Button doesn’t get his act together, he might miss out on the title.  He only leads Barrichello by 17 points now.  With Barrichello and the Red Bull drivers closing in plus Mclaren in the mix stealing points, it is going to be an interesting conclusion to the season.  By the way, would did you think about Badoer’s performance.  LOL They would have been better off with anyone else in that car.  They should have just given the drive to Bourdais.  Ferrari supplies Toro Rosso with engines and Nicolas Todt (Jean Todt’s son) is Bourdais’ manager.

Signature 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” - Seneca

Posted: 25 August 2009 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

I did surpringly well with a lousy score of 262, I moved up 9 places and for the race itself I was ranked 39th! My son retains the lead with a race score of 292. He has the 23rd best score for the race! Usually you have to score in the high 300s or 400s to move up! Everyone had lousy scores! I think McLaren is in the mix as a spoiler! It will be interesting to see who will be able to hang on to enough points to win. This situation shows how terrible Bernie’s medal system will be. Hamilton can win all of the remaining races this year (garnering more golds than anyone else) without winning the championship. Much as I would love to have Lewis win again, it should be based on performance over the entire year. conversely, Webber, Button or Vettel will win depending on who performs the best despite Lewis’ performance. It will be an interesting year for sure! Can’t wait for this weekend’s race!

Signature 

Posted: 26 August 2009 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

It is supposed to be cool and drizzly for Spa…doesn’t bode well for Braun, they don’t perform well in the ‘cold’....

Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2009 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Looks like this will be Badua’s last race, he is just plain bad! The other two rookies are outperforming him and he was a former F1 driver! Ferarri would do better to save the money and leave the spot open! Too bad, they had a good chance of getting third in the constructors championship! Kimi is awake now and driving like a champion, it looks like he will not go down (get paid out of his contrat for next year) without a fight! It is about time he came to the race. Hope the race Sun will be a good one. Do you know what Vettel did to have the stewards looking his way? They are investigating something he did during the last race. We will see Sun I suppose…or maybe not, since he is neither ‘driving while McLaren’, or Ferarri!

Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2009 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

This will definitely be a bad weekend for Brawn.  Even with Barrichello qualifying relatively well, he’s the lightest on the grid.  Interesting to see Fisi, Trulli and Heidfeld as the top three for qualifying, especially considering that those three may be without rides next year.  I hope this is Badoer’s last race and I will definitely not miss him.  As for Kimi, he’s been hinting towards leaving Ferrari but staying in F1 next year.  Is it possible that he will end up back at Mclaren since Ron is gone?  Whitmarsh has been publicly praising Kimi lately.  Can’t wait for the race tomorrow, though.  Spa is one of my favorite tracks.  And for Vettel, the only thing I can think of that the stewards may be investigating is his overly aggressive start at Valencia when blocking Button.

Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2009 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

What a surprise. Go, Force India! I don’t think anyone will begrudge them points! It would be great if their first points were from the top of the podium! Positions were topsy-turvy this qualifying! I don’t think Kimi will have difficulty finding a car, even with his history of unreliable motivation he is still a great driver and still wants to drive. Spa is a beautiful course, one of my sons attended the race there two years ago. I can’t wait for the race, but my Pick Eight is screwed again! but then, so is everyone elses! I don’t understand why the team let Fisi go around another lap and waste fuel after he won the pole! Obviously inexperienced! That will hamper them in the race. Isn’t Kimi running heavier than most of the rest? I haven’t looked at the weights yet. Lewis is going to have to make his race a one stop, if he is to get any points at all, he was really struggling! So are Alonso and Kovi! They are just above the three rookies!
Come on Sunday!!

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2009 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Wow, I got a lousy Pick 8 score, but everyone else was worse, so I still advanced and my son is still first. I lucked out by picking Kimi as 2nd, Kovi as an exact pick at 6 and Barichello at 7th!

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2009 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

Looks like the race for the championship is between Button and Barrichello, now that Barrichello has two wins and Webber and Vettel have put in one too many poor performances.  I can’t see Rubens winning but it’s possible.  It’s also really great seeing Kimi and Lewis back on top.  It will be a shame if Ferrari drop Kimi after this season since he is single handedly keeping Ferrari in third place for the constructors.  What do you think about this Renault mess?  I think it’s a little more of getting revenge on Piquet’s part for being dropped as opposed to an attack of conscious, but there’s got to be some truth to it.

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2009 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

I think it is a spoiled brat and his bratty dad trying to extract a brutal revenge. It is absolutely inconceivable that Piquet would EVER crash, unless he was instructed to do so! After all, he is an incredibility talented driver!
Kimi is such an obvoiously talented driver, but it doesn’t seem like he has much motivation to perform, unless he has a fire under his butt! He is doing an amazing one man job of keeping the Ferrari in third place in the constructor championship. Who knows what they would have been able to attain if Massa had not been injured! But, then you wonder if he would have gone back to his lazy ways and let Felipe carry the load! Ferarri or no, if he wants to drive next year, someone WILL hire hime, they would be stupid not to.

Great to see Lewis back in form again. It looks like Lewis and Kimi can be the spoilers if they are able to prevent either Reubens or Jenson from getting points. I am disappointed though that this is a great car year, rather than a great driver year. Other than Piquet and Badour, nearly any of the other drivers in the circuit could have had a winning season with the Brawn car!

It was great to see Force India and Fisi on the podium. His replacement Luizzi did an awesome job….Qualified and finished ahead of Fisi!LOL!

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2009 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

IT’S TRUE!! You could knock me over with a breath!!  Britore resigned! Renault is not fighting the allegations!
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5562506,00.html

Signature 

4 of 5