5 of 5
Any Formula 1 fans out there?
Posted: 08 November 2009 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2009-07-13

Hey asanta, haven’t been on in a long time.  I’m graduating this semester and have a full plate! 

How did you feel about the conclusion to the season? I would have rather seen Vettel win the championship, but Button is definitely a deserving champ.  He certainly drove convincingly in Brazil.  Not too much excitement in Abu Dhabi, but with the conclusion to the championship coming in Brazil, it seemed like the season had already ended. 

I still can’t believe about Renault.  I’ve read somewhere recently that Piquet may sign with one of the new teams.  I’d be surprised if any team would take him after what happened.  Have you heard anything lately about Briatore?  I remember reading awhile back that he claimed he was innocent, even after he resigned.  He’s involved with some sport’s team that was going to consider banning him since he was banned from European motor sports.  I never heard what came of that.  But now, even the future of Renault is in doubt.  I think Kubica made a huge mistake signing for them.  No one knows if they will even be in F1 next year.  He should’ve signed with Mclaren, but I think that seat is between Raikkonen and Heidfeld.  The biggest surprises for me are Toyota pulling out, Rubens going to Williams, and the possibility of Raikkonen leaving altogether.  I knew that it was always a possibility that he would leave after this season, but I was sure that he would race for someone else next year.  I’ve seen stories that are suggesting that he will take a sabbatical after this year.  If he does, I don’t see him coming back.  He will probably get into rallying. 

Anyway, I was wondering what your thoughts were.  If the rumors are true, it will be exciting to see Rosberg in a Brawn next year.

Signature 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” - Seneca

Posted: 08 November 2009 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
thoswm - 08 November 2009 09:04 PM

Hey asanta, haven’t been on in a long time.  I’m graduating this semester and have a full plate! 

How did you feel about the conclusion to the season? I would have rather seen Vettel win the championship, but Button is definitely a deserving champ.  He certainly drove convincingly in Brazil.  Not too much excitement in Abu Dhabi, but with the conclusion to the championship coming in Brazil, it seemed like the season had already ended. 

I still can’t believe about Renault.  I’ve read somewhere recently that Piquet may sign with one of the new teams.  I’d be surprised if any team would take him after what happened.  Have you heard anything lately about Briatore?  I remember reading awhile back that he claimed he was innocent, even after he resigned.  He’s involved with some sport’s team that was going to consider banning him since he was banned from European motor sports.  I never heard what came of that.  But now, even the future of Renault is in doubt.  I think Kubica made a huge mistake signing for them.  No one knows if they will even be in F1 next year.  He should’ve signed with Mclaren, but I think that seat is between Raikkonen and Heidfeld.  The biggest surprises for me are Toyota pulling out, Rubens going to Williams, and the possibility of Raikkonen leaving altogether.  I knew that it was always a possibility that he would leave after this season, but I was sure that he would race for someone else next year.  I’ve seen stories that are suggesting that he will take a sabbatical after this year.  If he does, I don’t see him coming back.  He will probably get into rallying. 

Anyway, I was wondering what your thoughts were.  If the rumors are true, it will be exciting to see Rosberg in a Brawn next year.

I thought the season was quite boring until the very end. I also would have rather seen Vettel win than Button. I am not convinced that Button is anything but a mid-field driver in a fantastic car. As soon as the rest of the field caught up, he was once again a mid-field driver with a half season advantage—the amount of time it took for the rest of the cars to catch up. Vettel on the other hand is the whole package, a great driver in a great car, with an incredibly unreliable engine…. I think that Button is a one shot wonder. I doubt we will see him again as a champion. He also had the benefit of Barichello’s well know genius for set up, which he will sorely miss next year! Button greatly over-values his skill, he should re-sign with Brawn and shut up, no one else is scrambling to sign him.

Briatore has been pretty much excused by his peers as doing business as usual. The FIA is so inconsistent in enforcing rules I don’t understand why the team was not fined more severely, especially so soon after their spy fiasco…but it does appear to business as usual in the halls of Formula 1! I have a feeling that we haven’t seen the last of him!

Kubica should have waited to sign…now Renault may leave Formula 1… He is a good driver and deserves a good drive. I’m not sure McLaren would have been a good fit for him. He tends to whine a lot. McLaren had enough of that with Alonso and Hamilton.

Kimi would be a good fit for McLaren, he and Lewis would get along. McLaren would not like that he refuses to be warm and fuzzy for their PR machine.

I see Jarno is going to NASCAR and I thought Nelsonho was going there too. I hadn’t heard about one of the new teams picking him up, although Fernando was picked up after his part in spygate-although he WAS a two time champ, and Piquet will never be more than a mid field to rear field driver. I wonder how much Piquet Sr would be willing to pay to keep Jr in the field! At least with Toyota, BMW and perhaps Renault leaving, they will go from a shortage to an overabundance of drivers.

I hadn’t heard that Heidfeld was in the running for McLaren. I really like Heikki, but I think he may have lost some of his drive with that horrific crash last year.

I think Fisichella made a bad decision to go to Ferrari, he will just be a test driver and he is better than many of the others in the field. It is going to be interesting to see how oil and water Massa and Alonso get along. Ferrari fans are pissed off and Renault and Alonso about the ‘accident’, and feel that it cost Massa the championship. I get the feeling that Ferrari may not be very warm and fuzzy towards Alonso, since they blame him too, and Massa has been very vocal with his opinions!

Now let me tell you what I REALLY think LOL !

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 23 December 2009 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Total Posts:  4850
Joined  2007-10-05

Schumacher returning to F1

BERLIN—Seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher is coming out of retirement to drive for Mercedes in 2010, saying he expects to contend for the title again.

The German, who turns 41 on Jan. 3, announced his comeback on Wednesday after three years away from the sport that he dominated for the first half of the decade.

“Three years of absence gave back all the energy that I’m feeling right now,” Schumacher said in a telephone conference. “I feel ready for some serious stuff.”

“I still feel absolutely on the edge. It’s thrilling and exciting,” he said. “I believe I can be absolutely competitive.”

This is great news for F1 fans. Does Schumie still have the talent to win a championship? If so, he would secure his place as the greatest F1 driver of all time.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 23 December 2009 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

This is going to be one exciting year! Nico Rosberg was looking to be top dog on the team, he can’t be too pleased to be paired with Schumie! Ferrari is going to be interesting with the personalities of ‘not a team player’ Fernando Alonso, who is a brilliant driver, paired with Massa, another great driver who has to be holding a grudge about the Piquet fiasco in Singapore. Maclaren is going to be interesting, because Button is probably the only one out there other than die hard fans, who think he can actually beat Hamilton. I’m glad the Japanese driver was picked up, he drove great when he subbed for Glock—perhaps better than Glock! Is there an unwritten rule that all Japanese drivers have to have last names beginning with a ‘K’?? 79 more days…but who’s counting!!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 25 June 2010 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
altiusdirectory - 24 June 2010 11:19 PM

I feel that formula 1 fans there are really so many but i want know about———- matches info if you want that visit below website

—————

Are you a troll? cheese

[ Edited: 25 June 2010 10:07 AM by Occam ]
 Signature 

Posted: 25 June 2010 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

It appears that Doug got rid of the spam from Altiousdirectory pretty quickly.  In going along with that, I’ve erased the link in the quotation in your post, Asanta.  OK?

Occam

Posted: 25 June 2010 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam - 25 June 2010 10:04 AM

It appears that Doug got rid of the spam from Altiousdirectory pretty quickly.  In going along with that, I’ve erased the link in the quotation in your post, Asanta.  OK?

Occam

Thanks, I forgot to do that!

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2013 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Look, Asanta, Ron Howard made a movie about Niki Lauda. Looks good. And Hans Zimmer wrote the music!

Posted: 16 April 2013 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
George - 16 April 2013 06:16 AM

Look, Asanta, Ron Howard made a movie about Niki Lauda. Looks good. And Hans Zimmer wrote the music!

Thanks for the tip! Ron Howard is a big F1 fan. I’ll look for it!  grin
Rush! My sons told me about it. It comes out in September on my son’s birthday. We’ll be making a party of it! I can’t wait!  cool smile

[ Edited: 16 April 2013 08:49 PM by asanta ]
 Signature 

5 of 5