Responsible internet practices
Posted: 16 August 2009 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2009-04-23

Can’t we do something about this?

[Keyword spam eliminated—dougsmith—Admin]

This shows up at the end of the original post on the Secrets of the Freemasons can be found in the Temple of Solomon in the politics and social issues area.  When people put these word salads at the end of their posts it screws up internet searches.  It is a bogus way to draw attention to the theory this person is trying to espouse.  I’m not saying this person can’t post on whatever crackpot theory they want.  But the stuff above is just unfair hijacking.  I hate it when that crap happens to me.  Are you guys going to do something about it?  Even just edit the first post and take this bait out?

[ Edited: 16 August 2009 10:48 AM by dougsmith ]

Posted: 16 August 2009 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15358
Joined  2006-02-14

Yes, I opened up a discussion with the other Mods when the message was first posted, since it was the first time we’d seen keyword spam on the site. We agreed to delete lists of keywords, since they are a form of spam.

Unfortunately these sorts of discussions can take several days.

For that same reason I have deleted those keywords from your message, since the person who put them into his forum post did so in order to allow searchbots to link more readily to him and his messages. Leaving them up, even in replies to or discussions of his messages, would help achieve his purpose. I hope you understand.

Thanks.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 16 August 2009 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2009-04-23

Thanks grin