How to listen to these at your convenience
Posted: 16 May 2006 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-02-23

[size=18:bc9d242943][color=darkblue:bc9d242943]I’m retired and find NO time on my hands - amazing but true so I tried to figure how to listen when I had time, driving, in bed while the wife is watching the Home and Garden TV channel and so forth.

You all probably already know all of this but in the off chance that someone doesn’t there is a file folder in the ITunes folder in your "My Music" folder on your hard drive with the name podcasts. If you look there you’ll see all of the programs that you’ve downloaded in WMF mp3 format.

If you have a blackberry or blue berry or whatever or a phone that is Windows Mobile ready such as a Motorola i930 or i920 etc. you can transfer the files to your phone and listen to them on it.

If you have an MP3 player you can transfer them to it and listen using the player

if you have a Sony PSP you can transfer the files to a Memory Stick Duo Pro or just a Memory stick Duo and use the PSP (My method of choice unless someone wants to send me an MP3 player.

I’m sure this is more than any of you needed to know but off chances are off chances.

C Ya
Jim[/color:bc9d242943][/size:bc9d242943]

Signature 

Jimmie Keyes
Tavernier, FL
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/1/
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK Jr.)

Posted: 16 May 2006 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-02-23

How to listen to these at your convenience

I’m retired and find NO time on my hands - amazing but true so I tried to figure how to listen when I had time, driving, in bed while the wife is watching the Home and Garden TV channel and so forth.

You all probably already know all of this but in the off chance that someone doesn’t there is a file folder in the ITunes folder in your “My Music” folder on your hard drive with the name podcasts. If you look there you’ll see all of the programs that you’ve downloaded in WMF mp3 format.

If you have a blackberry or blue berry or whatever or a phone that is Windows Mobile ready such as a Motorola i930 or i920 etc. you can transfer the files to your phone and listen to them on it.

If you have an MP3 player you can transfer them to it and listen using the player

if you have a Sony PSP you can transfer the files to a Memory Stick Duo Pro or just a Memory stick Duo and use the PSP (My method of choice unless someone wants to send me an MP3 player.

I’m sure this is more than any of you needed to know but off chances are off chances.

C Ya
Jim

Signature 

Jimmie Keyes
Tavernier, FL
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/1/
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK Jr.)

Posted: 16 May 2006 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  268
Joined  2006-02-08

Re: How to listen to these at your convenience

[quote author=“jimmiekeyes”]I’m retired and find NO time on my hands - amazing but true so I tried to figure how to listen when I had time, driving, in bed while the wife is watching the Home and Garden TV channel and so forth.

You all probably already know all of this but in the off chance that someone doesn’t there is a file folder in the ITunes folder in your “My Music” folder on your hard drive with the name podcasts. If you look there you’ll see all of the programs that you’ve downloaded in WMF mp3 format.

C Ya
Jim

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the information. I plan to get an MP3 player. There are so many from which to choose that I’m having difficulty deciding on brand and features. Some retrict one’s choice of music stores so I’ve tentatively decided on an RCA player which allows one to buy music from many different stores.
Can you imagine, Apple’s iPod has over 600 accessories avaiable—hard to believe.
All the best,’
Bob

Posted: 17 May 2006 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  508
Joined  2006-04-18

I’m not so sure you are restricted in music stores. Music you buy will download to your computer first then you decide what to put on the player. That said: different managers have different built in stores. Kind of like different web browsers have different startup web pages, but they all surf the web.

As a long time iPod user I certainly can recommend an iPod over any other player I have seen (though I have only used a few others). The iPod comes ready to go and any accessories will be optional (like a non standard case or a connection appliance for your car). There is no doubt that the iPod has just about created this industry and is still miles ahead of its closest competition.

At any rate enjoy!

Posted: 17 May 2006 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

I’d also recommend an iPod. It’s true that the iPod works best with the iTunes music store, but then the iTunes store is SO easy to navigate and use that it really is the best option anyway. And you can always import MP3 files into an iPod or iTunes easily. It’s also totally simple to rip CDs into iTunes.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 17 May 2006 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2006-04-08

I’ve tried different MP3 players and music organizers, and I think iTunes and iPods are hands down the best.  Intuitive, easy to navigate, idiot-proof.  And I use them on a Windows machine.

My 2 cents.

Posted: 17 May 2006 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2006-04-28

[quote author=“dougsmith”]I’d also recommend an iPod. It’s true that the iPod works best with the iTunes music store, but then the iTunes store is SO easy to navigate and use that it really is the best option anyway. And you can always import MP3 files into an iPod or iTunes easily. It’s also totally simple to rip CDs into iTunes.

iTunes Podcasts are the best. The iTunes Music store is a different story, its as cool as AIDS, stay away except for Podcasts. Their DRM protection is ridiculous, id recommend http://www.bleep.com or other sites that give straight up, unprotected mp3 files that you can copy as you please.

Signature 

Know Thyself

Posted: 17 May 2006 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

[quote author=“WITHTEETH”]
iTunes Podcasts are the best. The iTunes Music store is a different story, its as cool as AIDS, stay away except for Podcasts. Their DRM protection is ridiculous, id recommend http://www.bleep.com or other sites that give straight up, unprotected mp3 files that you can copy as you please.

Well, I can’t say I agree. The problem with DRM is just the problem with copyright ... none of the big record labels will give it up, and after all, artists deserve to get paid for their work. Of all the methods for legal download, iTunes is the best, in that it does not require you to pay some ridiculous monthly fee to listen to your OWN music collection.

Also, as I say, it’s really easy to use. That’s no small feat.

Yes, in a perfect world we wouldn’t have to worry about DRM, everyone would pay for their downloads of unprotected MP3s, and artists would get paid. Until that day comes, iTunes is still the best option for most good music ...

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 17 May 2006 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  508
Joined  2006-04-18
[quote author=“WITHTEETH”]its as cool as AIDS

Pretty distasteful analogy.

Posted: 30 May 2006 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-05-30

I drive a Toyota Scion xB.  The cool thing about Toyota Scions is they come with a car stereo that will play mp3s written to a CD-R.  I know that there are other car stereos that will do this as well.  Anyway, that’s how I listen to this and all podcasts - driving to and from work.

J. D.