WHO comes out against homeopathy
Posted: 20 August 2009 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

... to treat certain conditions. (They should just have made a blanket statement that it is worthless, but at least this is a start).

Article HERE:

WHO warns against homeopathy use

People with conditions such as HIV, TB and malaria should not rely on homeopathic treatments, the World Health Organization has warned.

It was responding to calls from young researchers who fear the promotion of homeopathy in the developing world could put people’s lives at risk.

The group Voice of Young Science Network has written to health ministers to set out the WHO view.

WHO TB experts said homeopathy had “no place” in treatment of the disease. ...

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 20 August 2009 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
dougsmith - 20 August 2009 07:08 PM

... to treat certain conditions. (They should just have made a blanket statement that it is worthless, but at least this is a start).

Article HERE:

WHO warns against homeopathy use

People with conditions such as HIV, TB and malaria should not rely on homeopathic treatments, the World Health Organization has warned.

It was responding to calls from young researchers who fear the promotion of homeopathy in the developing world could put people’s lives at risk.

The group Voice of Young Science Network has written to health ministers to set out the WHO view.

WHO TB experts said homeopathy had “no place” in treatment of the disease. ...

mad About damn time, but too little and not nearly blunt or far reaching enough. The ‘‘should, should be ‘do not’ among other things.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 August 2009 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4080
Joined  2006-11-28

It’s depressing that such weak tea is cause for rejoicing, but such is the “Golden Age of Woo” we live in. At least it’s something.

Signature 

The SkeptVet
The SkeptVet Blog
Militant Agnostic: I don’t know, and neither do you!

Posted: 21 August 2009 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2008-06-13

Of the myriad of nonsense out there, I’ve always thought that homeopathy was high on the baloney list.  Even though no organization should have to point out that there is no basis at all to assume homeopathic dilutions would have any physiologic effect, I appreciate that it is necessary to point this out for the benefit of the reason impaired.

Posted: 21 August 2009 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Hawkfan - 21 August 2009 08:26 PM

I appreciate that it is necessary to point this out for the benefit of the reason impaired.

...a sad commentary on the state of our educational system.  long face

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 22 August 2009 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7573
Joined  2007-03-02

This could be a very good thing.  Now, the question is, will people listen?  I doubt it.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report