9 of 9
Defend Roman Polanski!
Posted: 02 October 2009 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
Balak - 02 October 2009 01:04 PM

People, I understand that your dishonest refusal to engage anything I have said about this case is not personal. You are driven into this frenzy by larger social forces and agendas of which you evidently have no comprehension, but which the state understands very well.

Oddly, the fetishization of victimhood has made you utterly blind to the question of actual harm. While your government carries out war crimes, murders, tortures etc. on a daily basis, you compete with the worst religious crazies to demonize a private individual, an artist living on another continent, for an event of the remote past that even you cannot show to have caused serious harm or injury to anyone.

Think for a minute.

Get a Grip!

It is NOT dishonest refusal of anything.  No private individual should sexually take advantage of a child!  I have a grip on reality, but I am not so sure you do.  This has nothing to do with religion or anything like that.  Such things DO cause serious harm to a child, whether you care to acknowledge it or not.  What did someone do to you in which you just accept it being OK to take advantage of a child?  Facing a murder would be a whole lot simpler to face than a child molester because the person doesn’t have to live with the lifelong consequences of it.

You want the religious side of it?  The religious side of it is to enable the abuser, force the victim to convert, and call it all God’s will, leaving the victims of abuse in the hands of the abuser.  THAT is the religious side and they demonize the victim not the offender.  We are the ones protecting the child.  The religious don’t protect the child.  So who are you to say we have succumbed to religious views?  That is totally wrong!

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 02 October 2009 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

Yes, and he has never had to personally take care of these children. I have! mad

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 02 October 2009 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Total Posts:  342
Joined  2008-01-11

I agree that there may well be serious and long-term consequences to a person who has been sexually interfered with before they are old enough to give effective consent to sexual activity.  Such interference must be strenuously opposed, and children appropriately protected from predatory individuals who would commit such acts.

But what about the abuse of creating a hyped-up atmosphere of permanent social ‘stigma’, as many here are doing to Samantha Gailey, in essence depriving
her of all dignity and reducing the entire meaning of her life to one negative event?

What about the child abuse represented by adults - who should know better - whipping up an atmosphere of anti-sex hysteria, fueled by guilt, shame ignorance and fear when children need to simply learn basic facts about their bodies?

Why do you thoughtlessly warp the development of a young child who may have experienced such abuse by sentencing them to be either ‘scarred for life’ or undeserving of your consideration?

However reprehensible, are unwelcome sexual advances really the worst possible experience a child can have - equal to or worse than murder? If you think so you really must live in some kind of Disney flick, and need to learn a bit about the incredible variety of bad things that happen to the very young - particularly those who happen to be poor or otherwise vulnerable - in this world. In any case you are contributing less than nothing to the fight to make the world a place where children, and everyone else, are safe from such suffering at the hands of human carnivores and systemic predators of all varieties.

How fitting that the state you vindictively cheer in persecuting Polanski as if he were a nazi war criminal, is the same state that regularly tears infants
from the arms of their mothers in INS raids, and sentences black children as adults to rot in prison hell-holes for life.

For those interested in understanding some of the complexities of this issue a little more deeply than this discussion has allowed, I recommend a powerful and well-received documentary film from several years back called “Capturing the Friedmans” by Andrew Jarecki.

[ Edited: 02 October 2009 08:17 PM by Balak ]

Posted: 02 October 2009 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

I am offended by your posts, appalled with your ‘reasoning’, we will just have to agree to disagree on this subject!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 02 October 2009 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
Balak - 02 October 2009 08:04 PM

However reprehensible, are unwelcome sexual advances really the worst possible experience a child can have - equal to or worse than murder? If you think so you really must live in some kind of Disney flick, and need to learn a bit about the incredible variety of bad things that happen to the very young - particularly those who happen to be poor or otherwise vulnerable - in this world. In any case you are contributing less than nothing to the fight to make the world a place where children, and everyone else, are safe from such suffering at the hands of human carnivores and systemic predators of all varieties.

Sir, you have no clue what you say.  It is not a Disney flick I talk about.  Death is far better than sexual abuse.  When one is sexually abused, they live with that experience for life, even have flashbacks.

How fitting that the state you vindictively cheer in persecuting Polanski as if he were a nazi war criminal, is the same state that regularly tears infants
from the arms of their mothers in INS raids, and sentences black children as adults to rot in prison hell-holes for life.

It is the same as a Nazi war criminal or at least right up there.  You have no idea what you are talking about.  It is as though you are the offender, which you are offensive.  Technically, what you are doing is trolling and you have already been warned about that.  I could give you another warning, but that won’t change your attitude any nor will it cause you to see what you are saying is appalling.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 02 October 2009 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

I will not be participating in this discussion any longer, as it seems to feed Balak’s pleasure in discussing adult sex with small children. I encourage others to take this measure and leave the conversation as well.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 02 October 2009 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Jules - 02 October 2009 08:45 PM

I will not be participating in this discussion any longer, as it seems to feed Balak’s pleasure in discussing adult sex with small children. I encourage others to take this measure and leave the conversation as well.

I’m with you! I have no interest in conversing with someone who can defend pedophilia so earnestly….

Signature 

9 of 9