1 of 4
What About The Sumerians?
Posted: 01 October 2009 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-09-30

I truly find it fascinating that the 1st advance society of human kind is not being discussed here. Their writings explain our creation and throws a monkey wrench into HUMAN evolution. Even more fascinating is that as entrenched as there symbolism and way of life is in our daily lives today, many people know absolutely NOTHING about them. Everything from the British flag to the great eagle seal are Sumerian symbols. Including the cross of the knight’s templers, the cross worn on the neck of nazi’s, many of the logo’s of known brands from harley davidson to aston martin are all Sumerian symbols. Our math, system of laws etc. The list goes on we got from the Sumerians.

Take a moment and google Sumerians or read up on the 12th planet. I’d love to know your thoughts on this.

Posted: 01 October 2009 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15355
Joined  2006-02-14

Why don’t we start with the wiki article on Sumer and you can tell me what that shows. It is an interesting early civilization, but nothing more. The egyptians, israelites, greeks and romans were significantly more historically important. (As were the empires of India and China, of course).

And there is no 12th planet, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about, there. There are actually only eight recognized planets, now. Pluto was recently “demoted” to being a large Kuiper Belt object.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 01 October 2009 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2009-04-23

I googled 12th planet and came up with this ( http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword12n.htm )  Sounds like hooey.  I also don’t understand your comment, “Their writings explain our creation and throws a monkey wrench into HUMAN evolution.”  Are you saying that you don’t “believe” in evolution?  All kinds of ancient populations have creation myths, but that doesn’t mean that they are true.  Please enlighten me!

Posted: 01 October 2009 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4455
Joined  2007-08-31

See his posting here.

GdB

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 01 October 2009 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2009-04-23
GdB - 01 October 2009 07:20 AM

See his posting here.

GdB

WOW!!  I’m not a POI forum girl so I didn’t read that thread.  Thanks for the link GdB.

K_Pre, I think you need to learn more about evolution, especially our discoveries in regards to the Australopithecus.  The whole “missing link” thing is quite out-dated and smacks of misinformation.  I’m glad you are well versed in Sumerian myths, but that does not take the place of scientific and archaeological discovery. 

Your comments:  After millions of years of progress, humans reached a point where they instantly went from stone tools to building pyramids of great sophistication in what is now modern day Iraq. The concept of mathematics would have evolved much slower than man himself. You can’t go from stone tools to mapping the stars overnight, it’s simply not realistic.

There is no logic in your reasoning.  For instance, I just read Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Death by Black Hole and there is a part in the book where he describes many, many experiments a “caveman” could do using a stick, string and stone to determine the earth is round, the sun revolves around the earth, and all sorts of well known astronomic facts.  We have no idea what was known or not known back in the day, because everything wasn’t recorded.  Heck, there are things that have been discovered recently that archaeological evidence shows were in use in ancient times.  However, we lost that information due to things like the Iconoclasm which destroyed the Library at Alexandria.  Many things have been learned and lost in our history and there is no way for us to know what we could or could not learn.  I mean, fire is a big, big invention.  How long did that take Man?  We always short change our predecessors, because of our inability to be as innovative or clever.  Just because you can’t get your Tivo to work properly, doesn’t mean Edison didn’t discover that Tungsten wire was the key to indoor lighting.

Posted: 01 October 2009 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2008-02-27

Doug are you trying to destroy my pleasant childhood education memories of Sumer: Cradle of Civilization? 

I think Pre K is referring to a different first civilization.  The Atlanteans.  They built a worldwide civilization whose pyramids remain today.  Sadly they were destroyed when aliens implanted a black hole in the area now known as the Bermuda Triangle. 

Here’s the longer version of the story. 

The Twelfth Planet is the original homeworld of some aliens in a solar system in the Andromeda Galaxy.  The star was dying so the aliens came to Earth in search of a new home.  The aliens fired comets with sea monkey eggs embedded on them into the primordial oceans.  The aliens carefully manipulated the genetic development of the sea monkeys with their powerful ESP and by using a circle of large stone henges as an amplifier. 

When the evolution had been carried out as far as necessary, The aliens taught a primitive seafaring culture on the island of Atlantis how to move large blocks using anti-gravitational forces harnessed by focusing the third eye of the mind to create large genetic receptacles called pyramids.  There are a set of robots who kidnap humans removing genetic material anally in order to refill the pyramids.  The triangular shape of the pyramid focuses the positive energy of the Earth causing an eruption of negative ions.  The aliens implanted a small black hole in the Bermuda Triangle that sucks the negative ions back to the sun of the 12th planet, keeping the star alive.  The human DNA is being collected by agreement with future human beings who have destroyed all of nature on Earth and are now themselves dying of radiation poisoning.  The genetic material is collected every 76 years by a ufo disguised as Hailey’s Comet. 

If you castrate yourself, drape yourself in a yellow and blue striped sheet with gold tassles, and take cyanide at the right moment, the ufo will collect your spirit as it passes and give you new human body in the future. 

This is the truth. 

Unfortunately, an alien crash landed in the 1950s and was found by L. Ron Hubbard.  Before dying, the alien told Hubbard where to find buried gold tablets and a talking opossum that would reveal the whole story.  When the alien died, it said “Make of it as you can, humans deserve to know” referring to the tablets.  Unfortunately, the alien’s mental telepathy had a thick accent in Hubbard’s head so he heard the alien say “Make it up as you go, you deserve all humans’ dough.”

I hope this makes it clear who the first culture is and what the 12th planet is.

[ Edited: 01 October 2009 01:06 PM by JRM5001 ]

Posted: 01 October 2009 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-30

JRM5001 that’s actually pretty funny, incorrect but funny. DougSmith you are soooo wrong. EVERYTHING came from the Sumerians, EVERYTHING including the old testament. MATH, SCIENCE, ASTROLOGY, PRINTING the list goes on.
The real missing link is the evolution of math. There is nothing nowhere that shows mans progress mathematically. You don’t go to kenya and find a little pyramid, then go to Europe and find a sightly bigger pyramid as an improvement on the last one, no you just find one massive structure that came out of no where. As well as mathematical advances unaccounted for. On the 20,000 tablets found in Sumeria (modern day iraq) are writings of how humans were created and where the mathematical advances came from. There are accurate depictions of our solar system with precise calculations. Again the fact that the british flag is an exact replica of the Sumerian 8 point star as well as the cross of sumerian kings are the very same as the knights templers and nazi’s say’s a lot to me about their importance in human history. I strongly suggest you give it a good look. We were created, evolution CANNOT account for math.

Posted: 01 October 2009 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-30
Chicken - 01 October 2009 07:15 AM

I googled 12th planet and came up with this ( http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword12n.htm )  Sounds like hooey.  I also don’t understand your comment, “Their writings explain our creation and throws a monkey wrench into HUMAN evolution.”  Are you saying that you don’t “believe” in evolution?  All kinds of ancient populations have creation myths, but that doesn’t mean that they are true.  Please enlighten me!

Evolution is accurate however it doesn’t apply for human intelligence. It may sound hooey but the Sumerians have yet to be wrong about anything. From their descriptions of uranus and neptune to the accurate drawings of our solar system, their account of the great flood, regions or creation, the start of modern agriculture the list goes on. I found it to be the most sensible explanation of humans sudden grasp of mathematics, science and astronomy all of which evolution cannot explain or prove.

Posted: 01 October 2009 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2008-03-08

This is an awesome thread.

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
K_Pre - 01 October 2009 01:17 PM

JRM5001 that’s actually pretty funny, incorrect but funny. DougSmith you are soooo wrong. EVERYTHING came from the Sumerians, EVERYTHING including the old testament. MATH, SCIENCE, ASTROLOGY, PRINTING the list goes on.
The real missing link is the evolution of math. There is nothing nowhere that shows mans progress mathematically. You don’t go to kenya and find a little pyramid, then go to Europe and find a sightly bigger pyramid as an improvement on the last one, no you just find one massive structure that came out of no where. As well as mathematical advances unaccounted for. On the 20,000 tablets found in Sumeria (modern day iraq) are writings of how humans were created and where the mathematical advances came from. There are accurate depictions of our solar system with precise calculations. Again the fact that the british flag is an exact replica of the Sumerian 8 point star as well as the cross of sumerian kings are the very same as the knights templers and nazi’s say’s a lot to me about their importance in human history. I strongly suggest you give it a good look. We were created, evolution CANNOT account for math.

LOL

K_Pre, you need to take some courses in history before spouting nonsense. Do you have any citations for this stuff, or did you make it up yourself?

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-30
dougsmith - 01 October 2009 02:07 PM
K_Pre - 01 October 2009 01:17 PM

LOL

K_Pre, you need to take some courses in history before spouting nonsense. Do you have any citations for this stuff, or did you make it up yourself?

I’m a strong proponent of research yourself, Like you I have google and youtube. This way you are rest assured I’m not the one skewing any of the text.
I feel like I’m back in sunday school, do we ridicule over here before doing research or I’m I suppose to reply with insults of my own. If it’s that later, you MUST re-take your history classes and actually ask questions this time around. The Sumerians were long before the Egyptians. They were the very 1st civilization on the planet earth, the civilization of which the Egyptians sprung from. They are the ones who wrote the old testament, included in their text are the book of genesis, the story of noah and the great flood and more (however not as religion as profitized it to be). The book the 12th planet explains the 20,000 tablets written by the Sumerians. I’ll wait for your apology.

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
K_Pre - 01 October 2009 02:16 PM

I’m a strong proponent of research yourself, Like you I have google and youtube. This way you are rest assured I’m not the one skewing any of the text.
I feel like I’m back in sunday school, do we ridicule over here before doing research or I’m I suppose to reply with insults of my own. If it’s that later, you MUST re-take your history classes and actually ask questions this time around. The Sumerians were long before the Egyptians. They were the very 1st civilization on the planet earth, the civilization of which the Egyptians sprung from. They are the ones who wrote the old testament, included in their text are the book of genesis, the story of noah and the great flood and more (however not as religion as profitized it to be). The book the 12th planet explains the 20,000 tablets written by the Sumerians. I’ll wait for your apology.

Nobody is denying that Sumer was a very old civilization, perhaps the first or one of the first. And yes, the biblical flood myth did likely originate in ancient Sumer. But that does not establish any of your other outlandish claims, any more than my claiming that George Washington came before Mao Zedong means that Mao learned everything he knew from Washington. In particular, the Sumerians did not “write the old testament”; indeed, they could not have. Most of the OT deals with the Israelite kingdoms that came into existence centuries after Sumer no longer existed.

So, I’m still waiting for those citations.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2008-02-27

K Pre,

I think Sumer played a very important role in human development maybe a bigger role than Doug does, maybe not—that would make for an interesting debate. 

The Sumerians may or may not have influenced the Egyptians in some way, but Egyptian culture arose on it’s own.  The Sumerians weren’t around “far before” the Egyptians.  There is also evidence of proto-cultures in the Middle East that pre-date Sumeria.  I believe there is evidence of a foundation for city walls at Jericho that could be as old as 8,000 years ago (2,000 yrs before Sumeria).  I think Sumeria is believed to have come into existence @3,500 BC.  Egypt began its rise sometime @3,000 BC, but no one knows the exact dates.  Sumerian culture and mythology were quite distinct from those of Egypt.  Reading one quack book on “alternative history” does not make you an expert on ancient culture. 

I think Sumer impacted the Babylonians, Assyrians, Hittites and indirectly societies like the Phoenicians.  There is good evidence of the first codification of laws, of basic economic systems and credit, and other organizational developments that impacts subsequent societies.  However, I know of no reliable text that connects the Sumerians with the Old Testament.  Indeed, the Sumerians were polytheistic.  Flood stories exist in many cultures including some in the New World who had no connection to cultures in the Middle East.  That proves nothing. 

I suspect you will be waiting a long time for that apology.

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  7664
Joined  2008-04-11

I was right! He IS a troll….I’ll bet he isn’t even African American!! grin

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-30
dougsmith - 01 October 2009 02:26 PM
K_Pre - 01 October 2009 02:16 PM

Nobody is denying that Sumer was a very old civilization, perhaps the first or one of the first. And yes, the biblical flood myth did likely originate in ancient Sumer. But that does not establish any of your other outlandish claims, any more than my claiming that George Washington came before Mao Zedong means that Mao learned everything he knew from Washington. In particular, the Sumerians did not “write the old testament”; indeed, they could not have. Most of the OT deals with the Israelite kingdoms that came into existence centuries after Sumer no longer existed.

So, I’m still waiting for those citations.

Read the book, do your own research, I can easily post links and citations that favor my points. The audio version of the book will take you only an hour or so. In doing so you will see that many of the texts in the old testament were copied from the Sumerian text, just as many of the text in the new testament are copied from the book of the dead. They weren’t one of the 1st’s they were THE 1st.

If my other outlandish claims include that fact that the real missing link is the evolution of math and that evolution has no proof of evolving math in humans I’d love to hear your counter argument. Keep in mind I’m not disagreeing with evolution. However mankind in it’s intelligent form was not and is not from the process of natural evolution, we are from the process of creation as the Sumerians described. Math is taught not learned.

[ Edited: 01 October 2009 02:58 PM by K_Pre ]

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-30
asanta - 01 October 2009 02:43 PM

I was right! He IS a troll….I’ll bet he isn’t even African American!! grin

I wouldn’t lie about that. I’m originally from Sierra Leone west africa. Is there something wrong with my points or I’m I suppose to go with the flow and only talk about evolution?

1 of 4