4 of 4
What About The Sumerians?
Posted: 02 October 2009 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I hope he IS gone, they NEVER go away when they say they will! LOL
He needs a crowbar to pry open his mind a tad so he can actually learn something, then he should come back and talk to us.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 02 October 2009 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2009-04-23
K_Pre - 01 October 2009 05:58 PM

Chicken you have no idea what you are talking about. No where did I say pyramids were used as houses, I think you are either a bit too literal for my patience or you just purposeful interpret text to your satisfaction. No where in any of my posts did I call anyone a name so I’ll pass on responding to your posts henceforth.

I’m sure you will pass on responding to my posts, since I’ve rebutted every one of your claims and you haven’t provided one piece of evidence to prove yours, save the fact that you are wholly ignorant regarding the majority of what you talk about. 

I appreciate the thoughtful dialog of those who have been willing to debate with a reasonable conclusion in mind. If I’m able to patch the evolution hole, I will happily accept that intelligent man evolved from monkeys. However there has been nothing supporting that fact only deliberate miss information in my opinion. It makes ZERO sense to me that we went from hunting with stone shaped spears to building mathematically precise pyramids literally overnight with nothing in between. The Sumerians explanation makes perfect sense of how that happened. Sorry guys, if it makes sense to you great, keep doing what you do. But it makes absolutely no sense to me.

I’ve given quotes and links and books.  Some people just don’t WANT to learn.  Oh well, I guess it is true about what they say about horses.  You can lead them to water, but you can’t make them drink.  K_Pre, you are one stubborn horse!

Posted: 02 October 2009 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2009-04-23
Kaizen - 02 October 2009 01:15 AM

I worry that this individual might sincerely think that he’s a critical thinker. I suggest he take a course in logic and reassess his assertions and see if they still stand afterward.

Ya know, I find that most complete morons think they are very smart!  LOL

Posted: 02 October 2009 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  633
Joined  2007-12-10

Just ran into this thread and noticed some comments about how quickly we developed technology. I once studied human evolution and I think I recall their being evidence that pre-humans used simple tools. That would have given us at least one hundred thousand years to figure things out. Some chimpanzees are known to make rudimentary spears to kill small animals, and use twigs to collect ants etc. This would indicate a slow progression of advancements that could have taken place over a much longer time periods say the 7 million years or so the various great ape ancestors leading up to humans have been around.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 02 October 2009 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2008-02-27

You are probably right danlhinz, we are aware of our own tools b/c they are stone.  In 100,000 years there will be no evidence of the simple wooden tools chimps use.  So anything we used that was less durable is long gone. 

Otzi the frozen neolithic man from the Alps shed a lot of light mainly for the things on his person that were perishable. 

I can’t prove it and I’m not an expert, but it’s always been my opinion that evolutionary improvements in our brain structure and capability have made us what we are.  I suspect that event though homo sapien took on the form we know today 100,000 yrs ago, the brain has continied to evolve in ways too subtle to detect.

Posted: 02 October 2009 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03
asanta - 01 October 2009 09:30 PM
Jules - 01 October 2009 08:38 PM

This is a “false concern troll” a rare and interesting breed. Same creationist nonsense packaged under the guise of someone who is looking to actually learn. They pretend to be someone interested in science and then spew religious fake science, trying to plant seeds of doubt or trip you up with their bible class crap. The liars are rare - usually creationists just go directly to quoting the bible.

PZ Myers recently had a feature on a bible college requiring students - for class credits - to sneak onto atheist forums and try to pretend to be an atheist that has doubts on evolution and offer intelligent design as an alternative.

Funny, I thought it wasn’t very “Christian” to lie - or is it OK to lie when trying to convert heathens?

See! I told you he was a TROLL!!  LOL I’m not wasting my time arguing with someone who gets ALL of their facts from Google, and YouTube! He is obviously unable to discern a credible source from an incredible source!! It doesn’t appear that our visitor knows how to do elementary research.

After that last rant of his, I DOUBLY stand by my guess! Concern troll. Same creationist nonsense, packaged in lies (pretending to be atheist/agnostic/or even just interested in science) arrives on a forum solely to bash evolution and plant seeds of intelligent design. Only this guy was not very good at staying “undercover” and started getting nasty/namecalling/weird right off the bat.

PS Myers had a great funny piece he did - a “dictionary” of all the different types of trolls. It was hysterical. I will see if I can find it later.

Anyhow, the whacky claims on this thread are just hysterical LOL  They are only topped by the secret alien invasion threads I’ve seen here before.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 02 October 2009 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

His claim that we think we are descended from monkeys is sort of a giveaway!! LOL

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 02 October 2009 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Next comes the claim that if evolution were true there would be a Croco-duck ... half crocodile and half duck.

Quack quack!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 02 October 2009 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Total Posts:  776
Joined  2009-07-17

I think you folks were being too hard on him…

He simply forgot to mention the main support of this theory which is the fact that the Flintstones taught the Sumerians everything they knew. (If only some of those bird chiseled photos had survived, you’d all believe!)

smile

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

4 of 4